Forum › Tsuki to Koi wa Michireba Kakeru discussion

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-ydiwshq0rx
joined Jan 5, 2021

Once again i judge a book by it's cover/artsyle , i hate myself so much. Thanks to comment section, if i hadn't read the comments back from 2018 i totally gonna missed this gem

joined Jun 11, 2016

Well I mean, I like to say what's on my mind after a chapter. Saying what you think of a chapter and or discussing it with others is the entire point of having comments. Also the first time I complained it's more on my part being an idiot who has a very difficult time keeping track of who's who and what their relationship seem to be at X point in time because it's not in order.

The second though it's because it just makes me feel like I'm missing crucial information to get the idea of why she feels X Y Z way. And yes I could feel the same in a manga that has chapters in chronological order and that just hasn't shown a flashback that would explain why X Y Z is happening, but here because things are shown out of order I guess I'd except more to have seen what would've been considered a flashback in another way of showing the story. It's just that even if multiple things have hinted at her having something on her mind I don't have the slightest fucking idea what it could possibly be, and feel like I should have even a sliver of an idea after some hints. That's probably on me though, I'm assuming it's not that hard to form an idea on that and I just haven't maybe.

I don't dislike the manga, I wouldn't be reading it otherwise but it does give me a bit of frustration at the end of the chapters. The characters are cute, and the relations seem interesting so far even if I'm having trouble figuring them out, I just have some discomfort because I'm not used to being told stories out of order, but I don't think it's a bad thing really. I don't know if it's a good thing either, I'll make my mind about that when the story is over wether or not it enhanced or was a negative to my experience. I don't mean to say that it's shit when I express a bit of frustration over it.

Plus, man I don't remember what the fuck I said 6 days ago, i had no idea I already complained about that lmaoooooo

1) Discussing what happened in the chapter and how you feel about them is different from saying the manga's order is bad, which is what you did btw. Both of your comments were about how "out of order" the manga was, and it's less of a discussion, more of a whine.

2) Yes it's on you. The story literally had 10 chapters (I am counting chapter 0 too), re-reading it to understand the story is not that hard. If you find it troubling to read both the past and present, just read them separately.
And since it's clear that your reading comprehension is that bad, here's the hints of what happened in the past with Kanoko: chapter 2 where she had a small flashback and then pushed Shiori away, chapter 6 where she is uncomfortable with holding hands. Highschool!Kanoko had no problem doing PDAs, it's strange for OL!Kanoko to act like that, hence hinting that something happened to her that made her change.

yes well, given that you had 2 comments about your dissatisfaction with the order of the story, I assumed that you dislike it. I mean, people irl do read/watch/listen to the things they hate/dislike just so they could trash it further, so my assumption was based on that.
Also, it's clear that you do read the discussions as you even reply to me, so I find it a bit strange, did you not see your own comment right above? It's even on the same discussion page.

Ok so this chapter confirmed it, I hate highschool!Shiori.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

The rare "Leg Kabedon!" Impressive.

joined Aug 15, 2021

wow, after reading till latest chp, i believe both of MC is " A BIG MASOCHIST" able to hold out this kind of relationship till adult.

if this manga somehow popular in japan, i want to see a doujin with ntr yuri, one at highschool and one before they breaking up lol.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

(EDIT: I deleted the part regarding the scar's absence in chapter 2, because I was mistaken)

Regardless, by now there is a certain narrative through-line that could give us an idea how she got the scar and what caused her to change. Kanoko shows an immense aversion to PDA (public displays of affection) and often clutches her shoulder at those times when she frets. While obvious, it establishes the link between the two changes, physical and emotional. Additionally we now learned that she has inhibitions with telling "loved ones" that she is gay or in a relationship with a woman. Furthermore there have been two small flashback panels to a woman with black hair holding a baby that came up when she had one of those panic attacks.

As established this scar was something she received when she was 20 and came with whatever caused her to change so drastically that it led to the break up with Shiori. 20 being the time that she was finally considered an adult (drinking age etc.) and also the point where she would have to seriously look into her future (she wanted children with Shiori, but obviously that's very hard to achieve). Neither Shiori nor Aki knew about the scar at all, which means neither of them was involved or knew someone that could have given it to her. The only clue we have is the woman in the flashback... which looks an awful lot like Kanoko's sister Mika. The question is whether it was actually Mika or their mother. But as their mother has never come up and Mika seemed to be taking care of Kanoko, it points strongly towards the latter.
Now I am not saying Mika actually hurt her sister directly, but they clearly had an argument and that caused this injury somehow. It could be that Kanoko hurt herself while running away or got into an accident. The point is that she connects the two events in her trauma. And during Chapter 0 she actually still seemed to be her old self, flirty and happy to be with Shiori, which means this was not just a one-off event that broke her. The line that stuck out (during which she clutched her shoulder) was the main theme of the story: "We are not adults, but we are also not children".

My conclusion is that Kanoko was shunned or chastised for being in a relationship with a woman, because whoever confronted her thought it was "childish" and that she should grow up and make a "real" family. The symbolism of the baby in the woman's arms and the aversion to showing her homosexuality in front of others support this interpretation. In high-school where Kanoko could be honest and affectionate the narration labels them as childen, during college they are neither adults nor children and that's where they break up. Then as adults they get back together the moment they start working. In their adulthood Shiori is secure with her feelings she was denying as a "child", while Kanoko can't be honest with herself. That's why she admitted that Shiori had become a proper adult, because she chose to have this relationship and be open about it, despite what other people think. Kanoko is changing slowly and comes to understand that her sexuality is not just a childish fantasy that goes against becoming an adult.

At least that's my reading of the story so far.

last edited at Oct 22, 2021 1:46AM

0b955f79-53d7-4077-9788-189760d17f51
joined Aug 21, 2013

Wow, that’s honestly a great take on this story
And I completely forgot about that who “we are not adults, but we are also not children,” comment
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

10374935_1517148091919036_8454058064875083431_n
joined Apr 7, 2021

It was probably already pointed out a while ago, but Kanoko's shoulder scar actually wasn't there during chapter 2 and a few other scenes in the future chapters. Yet in chapter 0 she already clutched her shoulder. That does give credence to the idea that the author did not think of the injury yet back then, which makes it somewhat harder to tell what was intentional set-up from the start and what wasn't.

Actually as you can see in chapter 2 p.15 and p.16, there was already a scar on Kanoko's shoulder, so I think the author crafted the story with that in mind since beginning.
And thank you, your analysis captured my thoughts perfectly!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

zokoi posted:

And since it's clear that your reading comprehension is that bad

yes well, given that you had 2 comments about your dissatisfaction with the order of the story, I assumed that you dislike it. I mean, people irl do read/watch/listen to the things they hate/dislike just so they could trash it further, so my assumption was based on that.
Also, it's clear that you do read the discussions as you even reply to me, so I find it a bit strange, did you not see your own comment right above? It's even on the same discussion page.

Hi. It's not your place to take issue with how other folks are commenting. You were wrong to assume what you did, and you were wrong to be disrespectful when you insisted on making a large reply. revkar's posts are completely fine. Take care.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Actually as you can see in chapter 2 p.15 and p.16, there was already a scar on Kanoko's shoulder, so I think the author crafted the story with that in mind since beginning.
And thank you, your analysis captured my thoughts perfectly!

I apologize, it seems after going through the chapters so many times I may have confused the order of things. There are several panels in chapter 2 where the scar should be visible, but isn't and thus I made the mistake of stamping it off as absent entirely, but you are completely correct, the scar appears twice in that chapter. Incredibly visible at one point even which was the first time I took note of it on my first read, now that I think about it.

This does reflect poorly on my observational skills and I will take care to be absolutely certain next time before posting. We will see how accurate the rest of my assessment was when the next chapters release I suppose. I'm glad that other people had similar impressions, though.

joined Dec 30, 2020

The rare "Leg Kabedon!" Impressive.

yeah, that's quite the move; jaw dropped and did an :o face ngl

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I feel like I'm really going to enjoy reading this again once it's finished, that's not to say I'm not enjoying it now of course but with all the jumping around this really feels like the kind of series where reading all of it in one go where you don't forget the details because you no longer have to wait between chapters really adds to to the story. If only so you can put the whole timeline neatly in a row along the way

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

She's a fast runner, you can't escape your fate!!

That was great hahahaha give up to love!!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Shout out to that super smooth coming out from Shou

Sans%20titre-1
joined Dec 19, 2020

10/10

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

Really like those two high-school time chapters

joined Jun 11, 2016

This chapter was sweet, but it also feels like the calm before the storm somehow. The next chapter about the present (OL part) will probably be about Kanoko's trauma/scar and I dread it.

@revkar: hey, just letting you know that you sent duplicated reviews.

last edited at Oct 15, 2021 3:38AM

Capture
joined Apr 16, 2020

I've been meaning to say this but Kanoko is goddamn cute even if she's just standing there. It's the first time that I thought a character in a manga is this cute. Author did a great job making her character.

joined May 11, 2020

Ah characters talking to eachother and being honest is the best.

joined May 11, 2020

Ah characters talking to eachother and being honest is the best.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Completely random and meaningless thing but I was stuck staring at the bottom right panel on page 068. It's just so expressively drawn.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

WHY IS THIS MANGA SO GOOOOOODDDDD????!!!!!!!

I'm laying in a puddle of tears over here. That is MY FREAKING MOM!!!! I love her, but she does NOT get it!

Make this an anime. Right now.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

This chapter was great and all, but are we going to just ignore the fact that they did the big dramatic "Now we're going to talk about the scar!" and then . . . didn't actually talk about the scar?

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This chapter was great and all, but are we going to just ignore the fact that they did the big dramatic "Now we're going to talk about the scar!" and then . . . didn't actually talk about the scar?

The chapters bounce back and forth between the two time periods, I imagine the next chapter is going to literally show us how she got the scar.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The ending was more ominous than wholesome, I mean YOU KNOW something's gonna happen now and it's not going to be cute at all, and that whatever it is, Kanoko was most likely facing it alone and that's what hurts me the most.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

The ending was more ominous than wholesome, I mean YOU KNOW something's gonna happen now and it's not going to be cute at all, and that whatever it is, Kanoko was most likely facing it alone and that's what hurts me the most.

Well, we already know, since it was stated previously, that they broke up shortly after their 20th birthday party and it appears to have something to do with her sister. The assumption is that her scar appears around that time frame. Best guess in the comments is that she berated Kanako for being in a same-sex relationship and it caused a fight. Given that we go back and forth with the chapters I think we’ll find out the specifics in chapter 14 (hopefully).

To reply you must either login or sign up.