Forum › Fuzoroi no Renri discussion

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

What's with all that hitting between girls? Is that some kind of stupid trend? That kinda ruins the mood. Why would you ever want to hit your girl? The one you love above all things! Damn that's insane (

A significant percentage of households feature regular physical violence between family members although I imagine it is a bit more rare in Japan since violent crime as a whole is less common there. Also there is a huge difference between a slap vs serious domestic violence were lasting harm is the norm. Having said this, I completely agree. You should never strike your loved ones.

joined Jul 26, 2018

I don't think the author intent is to take the hitting seriously, It feels like it want to be a gag (like here) but most mangas switch the drawing style to highlight the comedy, it doesn't really work here with the serious style.

It really feels inappropriate to make jokes about smacking each other, when the first half of the manga was about abusive relationships.

^Also this.

The chapter has been updated with the correct incorrect pronoun.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It really feels inappropriate to make jokes about smacking each other, when the first half of the manga was about abusive relationships.

^Also this.

Maybe it's all some intricate meta-commentary about how fictional romance tends to blur the line between abusive, stalker-ish, and otherwise unhealthy behavior and supposed "romantic" gestures by throwing them directly into contact with each other. ^^

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

^Also this.

Maybe it's all some intricate meta-commentary about how fictional romance tends to blur the line between abusive, stalker-ish, and otherwise unhealthy behavior and supposed "romantic" gestures by throwing them directly into contact with each other. ^^

That seems a bit too deep for this manga. It's more likely that the feminine character expressing their feelings toward the masculine character through violence, is such an accepted trope, that the author put it in without thought.

A man beating up his woman, is a bleak portrayal of domestic abuse. A woman beating up her man, is comedy gold.

last edited at Nov 17, 2018 5:04PM

joined Nov 16, 2018

What's with all that hitting between girls? Is that some kind of stupid trend? That kinda ruins the mood. Why would you ever want to hit your girl? The one you love above all things! Damn that's insane (

The art style of in this manga makes it more intense, but hitting your love interest cliche has been used in many romance genres and portrayed as comedic, this one isn't able to do so because of lack of frames.

The beginning chapters of the manga did have an angst feeling to the abuse because of the parents, and certainly was violent when the friend and sister (thinking her to be a man) punched her.

But that last page had way more unexpressed emotions in that hit than violence. Because for Iori, after having constant toxic relationships and becoming numb to breakups, finally found someone who simply wanted to stay by her side, thats all she wanted and she is filled with happiness. She's even ready to beat up someone with a bat to get her girl back. Even after all this Minami thoughtless says something like "Are you really okay with going out with me?". (There are times when thoughtless words uttered by loved ones become way more painful than being stabbed by a blunt knife). In that moment Iori reacts the only way she could, she reacts impulsively and slaps her. You can't have someone like Iori remain calm and collected when they hear something like that from the very person she loves! There is no way she could have responded to that situation with a "I love you" or kiss her to reassure Minami.

Everyone is recognizing Minami's tragic past but are completely overlooking Iori's toxic experiences with relationships!!

joined Feb 1, 2013

Um... Am I the only one wondering why the Imouto is still referring to Minami as if she were male?

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Maybe the author just has a thing for seeing girls a bit roughed up, so they put it in whether it be for comedic or serious purposes. I mean, what?

joined Sep 1, 2017

The art style of in this manga makes it more intense, but hitting your love interest cliche has been used in many romance genres and portrayed as comedic, this one isn't able to do so because of lack of frames.

The beginning chapters of the manga did have an angst feeling to the abuse because of the parents, and certainly was violent when the friend and sister (thinking her to be a man) punched her.

But that last page had way more unexpressed emotions in that hit than violence. Because for Iori, after having constant toxic relationships and becoming numb to breakups, finally found someone who simply wanted to stay by her side, thats all she wanted and she is filled with happiness. She's even ready to beat up someone with a bat to get her girl back. Even after all this Minami thoughtless says something like "Are you really okay with going out with me?". (There are times when thoughtless words uttered by loved ones become way more painful than being stabbed by a blunt knife). In that moment Iori reacts the only way she could, she reacts impulsively and slaps her. You can't have someone like Iori remain calm and collected when they hear something like that from the very person she loves! There is no way she could have responded to that situation with a "I love you" or kiss her to reassure Minami.

Everyone is recognizing Minami's tragic past but are completely overlooking Iori's toxic experiences with relationships!!

Maybe. It's an intriguing possibly. If that is the case, it's deeper than what I was giving this series credit for. Honestly it's deeper than what I give most series credit for. I'll have to reread the earlier chapters to see, if I agree.

joined Sep 1, 2017

After rereading the early chapters, I have to disagree with Rahvindra's theory. Iori has always been a little violent with Minami. So I'm sticking with my original theory.
I was also reminded, that Iori was messing around with married men. So, it was partly her fault for having bad relationships. I think it is much more likely Iori was unconsciously choosing relationships, that would fail, because she is gay, and unable to fall in love with a man.

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 12:57AM

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Well, that's a twist...

Didn't see that coming, should be interesting.

Img_20211010_092550
joined Mar 7, 2017

I've been binge re-reading this and wheew that's one heck of a twist. It went full circle now.

Cat
joined Jan 21, 2015

I see, little sis is about to take up the family tradition of delinquent taming

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Called it...

Of course the gut-kicking class rep will get in bunk with the delinquent one punch girl.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

These sisters sure like em delinquents eh?

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

I don't know why but the moment I saw Shizuku's face I laughed so hard.

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

Guess it runs in the family...

joined Sep 1, 2017

Iori's little sister with, Minami's psycho ex. (sjgh) Sure why not, I mean there is only so many people, in the world, so they were bound to meet sometime.

last edited at Nov 18, 2018 4:50AM

Image%20(5)
joined Jul 17, 2018

This just got interesting.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Cool the sister gets her own romance now, I was hoping it was an actual shut in girl that sister-chan could help but oh well

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Hell yeah, these two have something in common. Maybe they can reconcile over beating up Minami again.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Didn't see that coming, should be interesting.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Saw that coming from the first page of the chapter.

Cat
joined Jul 27, 2015

Um... Am I the only one wondering why the Imouto is still referring to Minami as if she were male?

The sister probably knows Iori's past with ALLLLLLLL those male lovers. Now that she heard Iori has ANOTHER ONE, and the instant the door was opened she saw someone with short hair, ofc she would be thinking it's a man.

To reply you must either login or sign up.