Forum › Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara discussion

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

So it's a poly ending with yuika-san, a-chan and koharu as the harem!? Also lol noone cared that dad-san had to die lmao

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 12:18AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

Welp there are definitely about a million ways to interpret this ending lol.

Personally I'm going to go with that they are just friends at the end. I mainly base that on the fact that Rin seems to be dating Yukino (considering the heart stamp in their messages). That seems unnecessarily cruel if in this timeline she's still hung up on A-chan.

So basically platonic soulmates ending. Could be worse.

joined Aug 21, 2017

So did the guy die at the end? Or does the fact that they accepted their wack circumstances prevent everyone from dying?
Also this manga was wack, but honestly I kinda liked it if only for its novelty and art.
Wack

joined Oct 14, 2016

So the end the guy died and A-chan and the kids can see Rin freely, while Rin Ntring Yukina-san, feels bad for Yukina san, they just using her to keep Rin alive since they can't just be friend or else Rin will die.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 12:56AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, this one was a heap of burning dirty diapers.

"Marry the guy so I can fuck your kids."

I hope this got a poor reception in Japan.

She totally was NOT interested in getting together with her daughters! She was interested in RAISING her daughters! When she was a 14 year old in an adult's body she might have been confused, she wanted to survive to be able to be a family with A-Chan and her children.

So did she have kids or not.

Did you read the chapter or not?

The biggest looser is the guy. Cheated 27 times in a row. Used only for breeding.

How was he cheated? The 27 times in a row were the times that Rin died when A-Chan DATED HER. She survived to adulthood when she got together with the Koharu's dad and married him. A-Chan never cheated on him. He died in an accident. And in the timeline when A-Chan DIDN'T marry him and she cheated on Rin with other people at college to avoid her dying when she was still in high school, he STILL died of an accident, so it was just when he was supposed to die!

So when Rin started going on about those kids, I was seriously expecting A-chan to respond in the same way.
I am legit shook that she actually went along with marrying that dude and having those kids lol

She did it for Rin. Rin basically took advantage of A-chan's love. She should have marry the dude herself if she wanted kids.

and

Well, Rin did become these kids guardians, so it's not really like she shouldn't have a say in this.

Then she should marry the dude herself and have kids of her own.

Why is Rin's concern for these kids seen as selfish by you?

Because it's not her choice. She's not the one fucking a dude she doesn't love. Again, if she cares so much she should marry him herself.

They're living beings

No, they're just a possibility. They wouldn't exist if A-chan wasn't forced into this mess (Koharu aside).

Let's see here... how many problems are there with this... First, the kids wouldn't be the same kids if Rin married the guy instead of A-Chan! They would be genetically RIN'S children and not A-CHAN'S children, so they would be DIFFERENT children... you all understand that concept, right? They have an established sequence of events where A-Chan marries the guy and has two daughters with him. There is not guarantee that Rin would have the same results. PLUS:

RIN WAS STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL! (Haruhi was 14 when Rin was 29, so that means she was born when A-Chan was 18 and Rin was 15.)

So you want the guy to have sex with an underage girl as well? WTF?

Also, despite what A-Chan is saying at the point where she is stressed beyond belief, she DID love her children. The reason she dumped them on Rin in the original timeline they were born in was because she was convinced that SHE was responsible for her husband's death, having pushed Rin's fate onto him. Before he died, she was happily raising her children and loved them. (We later realized that his death had nothing to do with the A-Chan/Rin-Chan cycle. It was just his time to die.)

As for the ending, I think it Is supposed to suggest that Rin and A-Chan are going to raise the girls together. I don't see any indication that Rin is actually DATING Yukari in the final chapter. She's getting together for lunch with her on the weekend. That is certainly NOT "Date night" type of behavior. That is "friends getting together for lunch" behavior. Sure, Yukina signed off with a heart, but a lot of people do that (and she might have feelings). As for Yukina "getting a raw deal"... there was only one timeline where Rin got together with Yukina and that resulted in Rin committing suicide. The other timelines Rin was just her coworker.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:17AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Let's see here... how many problems are there with this... First, the kids wouldn't be the same kids if Rin married the guy instead of A-Chan! They would be genetically RIN'S children and not A-CHAN'S children, so they would be DIFFERENT children... you all understand that concept, right?

The one who doesn't understand is you. The point is that Rin has no right to be asking A-chan to do this for her. It's unfair and messed up.
If she wants the kids, she should fuck the guy herself. If the kids aren't the same, tough luck for her, but it's a pretty shitty move to force A-chan to do it for her. It's freaking selfish.

Also, despite what A-Chan is saying at the point where she is stressed beyond belief, she DID love her children.

That's your headcanon. A-chan made herself clear. She didn't love the dude, and wasn't all that interested in her kids either.

Before he died, she was happily raising her children and loved them.

Actually, Koharu's opinion of A-chan was pretty negative since the moment she met Rin, so it's heavily implied A-chan was always a neglectful mother.

Clearly we don't see eye to eye and you're entitled to your opinion, but in my opinion the ending was irredeemable garbage.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:30AM

joined Dec 18, 2018

As for the ending, I think it Is supposed to suggest that Rin and A-Chan are going to raise the girls together. I don't see any indication that Rin is actually DATING Yukari in the final chapter. She's getting together for lunch with her on the weekend. That is certainly NOT "Date night" type of behavior. That is "friends getting together for lunch" behavior. Sure, Yukina signed off with a heart, but a lot of people do that (and she might have feelings).

I'd say both options are equally possible, it just depends on your personal interpretation. Yukari and Rin might be dating, or they might just be friends. Honestly the ending is so vague that it's impossible to make the call with 100% certainty.

Agree 100% with everything else you said though.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 1:24AM

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Moral of the story:
Let the balloon go off to Baloonia instead of being a fucking dumbass and subjecting your crush to and endless cycle of watching yo dumbass die 27 times and having some rando jokers kids

joined Oct 9, 2019

The only positive thing I have to say about this manga is that the 3 kids are cute. This is such a hot mess. Rinko is actually low-key diabolical. Forcing someone that loves her to fuck a dude she doesn't even like to create kids. The worst part is the author plays it off like rinkos not insane and it's nbd.

Edit: Hina's Usagi pointer is super cute. I wanna see this more in other mangas.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 2:36AM

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

I agree with the apparent consensus that this whole ending was a big misstep, and the "repeating time to fight fate" gimmick is well worn out by now anyway. I don't think it was all bad, though, so I'll say I thought it was at least an interesting choice to frame it around the "saved" protagonist blindly suffering through the disorienting chaos caused by the time traveler's meddling.

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Very cool ending

joined Jun 12, 2015

Finally it's here. So... "This is my way of love." Rinko is a cuck. A het cuck ending in a yuri manga (brawo Yuri Hime's editors). It's funny that Rinko is fine with that guy's death in every timeline. She only needs the daughters. She forced Akari to be with someone she doesn't love and have sex to get the kids (what is artificial insemination?). She is nuts.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

.... I never realised the older girl wasn't her daughter....

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

This is like another whole level higher than not allowing someone to get abortion and forcing them to give birth. A-chan has to marry a guy she doesn't give a fuck about, have three kids with him, only so Rin can have kids she grow attached to. And guy? He can die for all they both care. I see completely nothing wrong with that way of thinking. People defending it and saying Rin has a point are out of their minds. She's pretty much forcing her will on A-chan and telling her to live with a guy and pretend she loves him for several years and wait till he "accidentally" dies (I really don't buy accidentally part at his point). I'm honestly impressed how accustomed some yuri fans got to ignoring male characters and filtering them out from stories, that they completely forgot about that part and only focused on how kids have the right to exist.

And to add insult to injury, when A-chan is at her lowest point, Rin has audacity to talk nonsense like "Even if tiny bit, you loved that person". It feels like she's trying to gaslight and manipulate her into agreeing. What a complete joke. Not to mention "I want to see Yukina". Yes. The person I dated. I can't imagine how it could raise some eyebrows or hurt A-chan in any way. Also would be incredibly hard af to explain when you do meet her, how do you know each other and why you wanted to meet.

EDIT/ I missed it, lol she is actually meeting with Yukina regularly. So she even cheats on A-chan at the end? Wow, A-chan really got screwed over hard.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 6:28AM

joined Apr 11, 2020

Yes, ending is controversial and this was clearly author's intention. I don't like it very much either.
Yes, to be with someone Akari doesn't love is bad. On the other hand, I don't think it is right to erase Haruhi and Hinata from existence in this timeline.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 10:12AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was confusing. I don't know what the author was going for, but it failed.

777matriarch777
joined Dec 6, 2019

Very rarely do I think I could've handled a series better than the original author but here we are. Anyway, many thanks to all those who work hard to translate these series for us, it can certainly be easy to forget that when we reach the end of a Manga and it turns out to be a complete dumpster fire.

Volume 2 actually has a few extra pages that aren't translated here, I've uploaded the raws to Imgur:
https://imgur.com/a/FJFQwtH

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 6:12AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Btw. the whole "universe is against us getting together" reminded me of "plot twist" to similar train wreck.

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

Back when this first came out, I remember seeing a spoiler to one the ending and thinking to myself "Yeah, let's pass on this one." Reading the comments now, it seems that it was even worse than the spoiler suggested, lol.

Also it's kinda funny seeing the ending of this compared to the "I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan" ending, considering they're both by the same author.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 6:40AM

joined Jan 9, 2020

No you guys, you're all getting it wrong. Rin has become an omnitemporal mastermind where she gets to have every cake and eat it too. A-chan? No longer married to a guy since he's doomed to die in every timeline, also now comes as a package deal with her kids. And the kids? All around because we got poor sap to make them and then die, so Rin can enjoy her loli harem. Yukina? Yup, also around and somewhat implied to be in a relationship with Rin.

Rin played everyone and won. She gets to have all the waifus at once without giving anything up. Seeing the different potential futures made her hungry, and now she gets to enjoy all of them.

She's the villain in this story, and A-chan was too blinded by love to see it.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 8:43AM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

Is it really so wrong that I don't completely hate the ending?

Could it have been handled better? Sure, but I still enjoyed the overall story. Not the greatest of course, but it's not like it was particularly long. Would have been much worse if we got this ending after 30+ chapters.

Point is I liked it overall and the ending was about a 6.5/10 for me

joined Oct 14, 2016

This is like another whole level higher than not allowing someone to get abortion and forcing them to give birth. A-chan has to marry a guy she doesn't give a fuck about, have three kids with him, only so Rin can have kids she grow attached to. And guy? He can die for all they both care. I see completely nothing wrong with that way of thinking. People defending it and saying Rin has a point are out of their minds. She's pretty much forcing her will on A-chan and telling her to live with a guy and pretend she loves him for several years and wait till he "accidentally" dies (I really don't buy accidentally part at his point). I'm honestly impressed how accustomed some yuri fans got to ignoring male characters and filtering them out from stories, that they completely forgot about that part and only focused on how kids have the right to exist.

And to add insult to injury, when A-chan is at her lowest point, Rin has audacity to talk nonsense like "Even if tiny bit, you loved that person". It feels like she's trying to gaslight and manipulate her into agreeing. What a complete joke. Not to mention "I want to see Yukina". Yes. The person I dated. I can't imagine how it could raise some eyebrows or hurt A-chan in any way. Also would be incredibly hard af to explain when you do meet her, how do you know each other and why you wanted to meet.

EDIT/ I missed it, lol she is actually meeting with Yukina regularly. So she even cheats on A-chan at the end? Wow, A-chan really got screwed over hard.

I think A-chan knows Rin dating Yukina it seems its needed for her to be alive as long as one of them is in different relationship, more likely Yukina is the one doesn't know Rin is Cheating , but yeah in the end Rin turns out the most fucked up character.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 9:20AM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

What a hot mess. I was hoping for the end where Rin accepts her fate to die and just leave it at that. Cleaner and less... Whatever this turned out to be

Macho%20trash%20can%20emoj
joined Jul 29, 2014

This one of the worst endings I've ever seen. I didn't like the manga when I first started reading it, but now I can clearly say that I hate it. If you liked it that's fine, you have my opinion and I have mine, but it's outrageous.
First of all, Rin is asking A-chan to have kids with a man she doesn't love, just because SHE GREW ATTACHED TO THEM IN ANOTHER TIMELINE. The "they won't exist with just the two of us" excuse makes no sense, same-sex couples can have kids too! Have you ever heard of adoption, Rin? Or artificial insemination? And, honesty, who cares if they end up existing or not? Why force A-chan to have that guy's kids just because of that? And let's not forget that the man dies in an accident too, so she's basically telling her to endure that marriage for 15 years, have sex with him at least two times, and when he dies they can be... together? Because looks like Rin is having some kind of relationship with Yukina in this future too.
This is just an excuse to make a bitter ending look happy and sweet, putting forced het and the "lives that don't exist matter" as a beautiful thing. It's not. Even if you can't be together because the universe hates your guts (what the fuck) you don't need to convince her to go along with this. Let A-chan live her life however she wants, make a future where you decide for yourself what you want.

last edited at Apr 11, 2020 11:48AM

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

For me, this is okay, not great, not terrible. At least it's still better than seeing bisexual womans fucking around with married man and still give a hint for the poor lesbian that fell for her.

To reply you must either login or sign up.