Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Tumblr_inline_mgizuwv6kd1qbs47q
joined Jan 25, 2016

Tazzr posted:

Holy fuck next chapter is amazing! Maybe this manga will manage to redeem itself?

where did you read it

I only glanced over raws.

ah can i have a link?

last edited at May 21, 2018 9:01PM

Kaede_cropped
joined Mar 22, 2014

Holy fuck next chapter is amazing! Maybe this manga will manage to redeem itself?

Finally.

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Tazzr posted:

Tazzr posted:

where did you read it

I only glanced over raws.

ah can i have a link?

Important part is in text, so idk if you will get anything from it though

Jhkjhk
joined Jan 7, 2014

Boy that's kinda gay

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

MOTHERFUCKER

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

So like... Uta did kiss Kaoru and Kaoru was aware of that the whole time? Or I don't remember the whole story that well?

And, like the cheating of her husband, Kaoru decided to turn a blind-eye to the whole thing until Uta confessed falling in love with an older a person; which then forced to admit that it really happened?

last edited at May 29, 2018 12:43PM

Fb_img_1519730104292
joined Sep 16, 2017

Wuah!!! So, she already knows that Uta love her??
~^O^~

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Klice posted:

So like... Uta did kiss Kaoru and Kaoru was aware of that the whole time? Or I don't remember the whole story that well?

And, like the cheating of her husband, Kaoru decided to turn a blind-eye to the whole thing until Uta confessed falling in love with an older a person; which then forced to admit that it really happened?

No. The way I understand it is that. After this Uta confessed her love to Karou. But of course it was awkward, so probably either Uta said to forgot about it or one of them changed topic and they carried on with it. Kaoru was probably completely taken by surprise and had no idea how to react. So they spend the rest of trip, come home, went sleep, went back to their routine. After few days, we get that morning scene. Kaoru is thinking who the person Uta could love be. Gives few "typical" scenarios, but then stops and thinks "who the fuck I'm kidding. She just said it was me." So I read it more as them trying to act as if entire thing didn't happen, while Kaoru is trying to figure how she feels about it in her head and only now is slowly coming to realization what it actually means.

EDIT/ You can see that Karou wanted to say "I was sure you will buy luck charm for love" but hold back and how awkward their talk about Uta's wanting to move out to not "cause problems" and Kaoru saying she don't have to hurry was.

last edited at May 29, 2018 1:05PM

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

This manga needs super aaaangst tag.

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

There is so much angst but I can see this story having a satisfying ending in the future, it all depends on what the brother does now.
Also what's with the random Lakitu?

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Why does it feel like we're missing stuff from the ending of chapter 14 and the start of 15?
We might go back to it next time.. But feels off reading it like that. Then again.. Maybe i missed something

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I feel a discrepancy here. She hypothesizes on the person Uta likes, then states she knows Uta likes her?

Even if she confessed at the hotel, Kaoru shouldn't wonder who "that person" is.

NiccoloPaganini
joined May 25, 2018

Why is this manga such a pain in the ass. Could the author be any more ambiguous than this?
You found out? Do something about it... Why the need for drama? The whole family is shit. Kaoru is shit, Uta is shit, possibly cheating dude is shit. I fail to understand their mentality.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Why does it feel like we're missing stuff from the ending of chapter 14 and the start of 15?
We might go back to it next time.. But feels off reading it like that. Then again.. Maybe i missed something

This is a common narrative trick. I mentioned it in one of my earlier posts as a possible outcome of the cliffhanger last time. When you leave a cliffhanger the way that last chapter does, if the cliffhanger actually goes the way it seems like it's going do, they often won't show it (because if the chapter starts with the big drama, it undercuts the suspense of the chapter) so what they do is they skip ahead to some point after the immediate fallout, play it coy for awhile, and then at the end of the chapter start to unveil what's actually going on.

I knew as soon as this issue didn't show us the resolution of the cliffhanger that Uta had confessed. The rest of the story is to tease us with "But what -happened-? Did they kiss? Did they bang? Are they a thing now, or are they desperately trying to retreat from the gravity of the confession?"

I suspect we might get a flashback to the actual confession/kiss/whatever it was, for the sake of clarity, now that they've milked the suspense a bit, or we might just get a description of it.

last edited at May 29, 2018 1:47PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I feel a discrepancy here. She hypothesizes on the person Uta likes, then states she knows Uta likes her?

Even if she confessed at the hotel, Kaoru shouldn't wonder who "that person" is.

I think at the end she's turning over the possibilities she was considering before Uta confessed/kissed her/whatever happened to make it clear. Or she was harboring a bit of denial, maybe.

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Heavensrun posted:

I think at the end she's turning over the possibilities she was considering before Uta confessed/kissed her/whatever happened to make it clear. Or she was harboring a bit of denial, maybe.

It is pretty clear until that point she was trying to act normal and did not think about what happened, until she realized she was just running out from truth and denying reality. She was still convincing herself somehow that maybe there was some misunderstanding in what Uta told her.

last edited at May 29, 2018 1:52PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Heavensrun posted:

The 3rd panel here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch15#28 confused me because the sentence is in the present tense: "Perhaps, the person she likes..."

But, the last panel supports your idea, because it states "what could have been".

Maybe a translation glitch in the 3rd panel.

Blye_Flamsteed
Evavatar
joined May 8, 2018

Finally she knows Uta loves her \o/
But I'm a little disapointed the autor dodged the after-confession part. I hope we will not wait too long until we see what happened

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Blye_Flamsteed posted:

Finally she knows Uta loves her \o/
But I'm a little disapointed the autor dodged the after-confession part. I hope we will not wait too long until we see what happened

IMO, Uta kissed her.

Seeing she touches her own lips, it's obvious.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I kinda think Uta didn't explicitly confess, but she gave Kaoru such an extremely deliberate Meaningful Look that Kaoru couldn't help but understand anyway. But it's Kaoru we're talking about, so even so she knows, she was completely in denial about it, and spends most of chapter 15 in a weird limbo of trying to pretend that nothing happened and everything is completely normal, while also being extremely conscious of Uta, hesitating to wake her up in the morning, not talking about love charms, feeling startled to find herself in Uta's arms when she fell, etc. Wondering about older people from Uta's work or school was her last attempt at avoiding the issue, until she finally admits to herself that she knows very well who Uta's in love with.

That might end up being the most significant difference between the two siblings: they both harbor messy and uncomfortable secrets that radically threaten Kaoru's status quo, but while she tries to gloss over and ignore Reiichi's secret no matter how obvious it becomes, she can't help but be honest about Uta.

Cat%202
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gale posted:

That might end up being the most significant difference between the two siblings: they both harbor messy and uncomfortable secrets that radically threaten Kaoru's status quo, but while she tries to gloss over and ignore Reiichi's secret no matter how obvious it becomes, she can't help but be honest about Uta.

It isn't. She was avoiding it at first, just like with Uta, but then decided to confront Reiichi about it. He was the one to blow her off and cut the conversation, after which she had no second chance to bring the topic yet. The important talk they are supposedly going to have after he returns, might as well be about or at least in part about this.

Smk_compress
joined Jan 16, 2017

That skip from last chapter tho. I like the tension and stuff but man...

Here goes another month

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Heavensrun posted:

The 3rd panel here https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch15#28 confused me because the sentence is in the present tense: "Perhaps, the person she likes..."

But, the last panel supports your idea, because it states "what could have been".

Maybe a translation glitch in the 3rd panel.

The page you linked ties directly into this one, I think. Basically, Kaoru was fantasising how they could have stayed a normal family if Uta fell in love with one of the people from her scenarios, but instead, Uta fell in love with her.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, but. "If the person is as ordinary as what I imagined" sounds awkward.

I feel the sentence should be "If the person had been as ordinary as what I imagined, we could have stayed.."

In both pages, it switches between present tense and conditional tense and it feels wrong.

last edited at May 29, 2018 2:53PM

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Yeah, but. "If the person is as ordinary as what I imagined" sounds awkward.

I feel the sentence should be "If the person had been as ordinary as what I imagined, we could have stayed.."

True, and the third panel you pointed out would have probably been clearer if they used "could have been", as they did in the fifth panel of that page.

To reply you must either login or sign up.