Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So kawaii. I can fun it for myseft

Tbf, that's very entertaining in its own way.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

So kawaii. I can fun it for myseft

Tbf, that's very entertaining in its own way.

I honestly want to see something like Bloom Into You or Citrus done that way, just for a laugh.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nezchan posted:

In fact, I've got the perfect template for future projects right here.

This is golden! Thanks xD

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Combine it with art like this, and we're all set! (Or maybe episode 9 of Märchen Mädchen...)

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 1:09PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Oh I have been waiting got this my lord

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I reallt hate when people act entitled...

Don't think for a second that people giving criticism don't are "entitled" and don't understand what it takes to create a good translation.

We do. We're critical because we know what has to be done, this translator failed to do it, and it's someone else's work that suffers for it.

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 3:36PM

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Nezchan posted:

In fact, I've got the perfect template for future projects right here.

This is golden! Thanks xD

Thank you Nez-chan for educating us plebs. I don't know how I hadn't read that yet. I can fun it for myself.

Wfhpt69ribo%20%e2%80%94%20%d0%ba%d0%be%d0%bf%d0%b8%d1%8f
joined Jan 16, 2018

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/166/983/3ca.png

This is just stupid and makes no sense.
I mean, If sushi = hamburger and japan = US, then the "kotatsu" line should be:
"Let's all enjoy a traditional American meal around this utterly regular and absolutely ordinary American table".

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 5:45PM by Nezchan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's okay MrCatt.

Everyone, except a squad of grumpy seasoned readers, is glad you translated this.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nya-chan posted:

Everyone, except people who care about original work, is glad you translated this.

FTFY

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A5PECT posted:

I reallt hate when people act entitled...

Don't think for a second that people giving criticism don't are "entitled" and don't understand what it takes to create a good translation.

We do. We're critical because we know what has to be done, this translator failed to do it, and it's someone else's work that suffers for it.

And he obviously needs 6 pages of criticism until he begs on his knees that he will never translate like this again...

I think your point was made like 4 pages ago, now is just for the sake of laughing.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

And he obviously needs 6 pages of criticism until he begs on his knees that he will never translate like this again...

I think your point was made like 4 pages ago, now is just for the sake of laughing.

Nevri posted:

And it is somehow our fault that instead of doing so, people like you keep coming here defending this translation and saying we are overreacting, instead of, you know, talking about chapter.

Start talking about chapter and we will too.

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 4:26PM

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

I'm gonna run the next chapter through google translate and rewrite a bunch of stuff. Since I like Lovecraft, enjoy random references to it.

You guys better be grateful. I don't have to do this.

In all seriousness, the only valid point being made is that this rewrite brought some visibility to the series. I suppose that's true, but you can find a silver lining in just about anything if you look hard enough, so I don't consider it much of a counterpoint.

last edited at Mar 31, 2018 7:16PM

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

"Let's all enjoy a traditional American meal around this utterly regular and absolutely ordinary American table".

You can interpret the comic as saying that Ace Attorney is inconsistent with their overlocalization: they certainly overlocalize, but they don't overlocalize everything.

But if you're just nitpicking the comic I posted because you're mad we criticized your translation, then that's a classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

Oie_1603841raayvbqe
joined Mar 27, 2018

You can interpret the comic as saying that Ace Attorney is inconsistent with their overlocalization: they certainly overlocalize, but they don't overlocalize everything.

But if you're just nitpicking the comic I posted because you're mad we criticized your translation, then that's a classic case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

That's similar to the idea being presented in the comic.

If you read the comments written by the artist, the problem they were presenting was how the decision to turn the setting of Ace Attorney into "Los Angeles" in the first game didn't do much immediate harm to the translation, but as the games went on it became increasingly difficult to hide the rewrite.

The example they brought up was an ancient Japanese village filled with ancient thousand year old youkai (Nine-Tails Vale) in the original game, localized as "a village full of Japanese immigrants and ancient youkai that just so happened to immigrate with them into Los Angeles" because they obviously couldn't redo the entire setting for the case.

The comic makes perfect sense in that regard.

last edited at Apr 1, 2018 1:03AM

joined Jan 16, 2018

The comic was funny. The post

was supposed to be a joke. Well, I guess it didn't work. :\

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

MrCatt posted:

The comic was funny. The post

was supposed to be a joke. Well, I guess it didn't work. :\

It was obvious but I guess they can't believe you're not mad

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

They are just all expecting (hoping?) MrCatt to be furious at the harsh criticism of his translation.

If I were him, I'd post the 3rd chapter with a similar translation. Just to have more fun.

joined Jan 16, 2018

If I were him, I'd post the 3rd chapter with a similar translation. Just to have more fun.

)

joined Jun 12, 2015

No new chapter in Galette No.6 :(

joined Jan 16, 2018

Is this the second time they skip it?

joined Mar 15, 2017

Is this the second time they skip it?

No. It started in issue 2.

Honoka%201
joined Jun 23, 2015

That's one realistic and anatomically accurate looking kitten. I'm quite impressed, Morinaga-sensei.

joined Jun 12, 2012

The translator's Scottish accent attached to this kind of ruined it for me and was comical (not in a good way..), but its a free translation and managed to get the plot from A to B.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I love that logic, if you love her, why would u abandon her.., why would u leave her? it doesn't make any senze indeed

To reply you must either login or sign up.