Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Honestly the most off-putting this about this is the entire story surrounding Uta's parents and their dissolving family was completely kicked to the curb. It was supposed to be such a big deal that she was moving back with their problematic parents and maybe we'd get to see why she was such a depressed and distant kid but we never did. Instead months passed with no issues, her mom literally disappeared, and Uta never really left except when it was plot relevant so what was the point? We know more about Kaoru than we do Uta, other than her being a diligent person and stubborn about not wanting to move on.

Quite right--I mean, we don't even get any clarity on what I would assume was a major plot point about why Uta's mother lost her medical license over something to do with Kaoru's mother's treatment. And why Kaoru feels somehow responsible for Uta's parents' divorce (Chap.2). Or why the parents got back together.

And I'm not just picking at the story-- I really wanted to know that stuff. I didn't realize that when Uta told Kuro, "Explaining would take too long--it's really complicated," that was also the author telling the readers to STFU.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch02#12

last edited at Oct 25, 2020 3:53PM

joined Jul 8, 2020

Reiichi: Lives literally next door to the apartment his sister and ex-wife fuck in, so

Ikr, Reiichi be like "my sister and my ex-wife fuckin each other next door and im cool with that" welp.

joined Feb 11, 2018

Reiichi: Lives literally next door to the apartment his sister and ex-wife fuck in, so

Ikr, Reiichi be like "my sister and my ex-wife fuckin each other next door and im cool with that" welp.

Well, Reiichi never really wanted Kaoru that much, so it's kind of realistic he wouldn't care.

He'd probably be relived he doesn't have to watch over Kaoru, since his little sis is taking care of that. Being afraid your SO will pull their plug when you aren't looking is extremely stressful.

Nekopop%20avatar%20resized
joined Aug 12, 2020

The story ending like this is confusing and mysterious. Why create these long story arcs over 37 chapters and then abruptly halt them with little explanation? I wish we could know what the author was thinking. It's almost like J. J. Abrams wrote a yuri manga with the pen name of tMnR. I felt like this story, with the pace and gravity it was seemingly attempting to achieve, could have reached one to two hundred chapters. More chapters means more money to the author. It feels like they are throwing away money and good storytelling.

last edited at Nov 5, 2020 5:30AM

joined Jan 17, 2020

I'm so confused. Uta says she has found someone like Miyabi during university, implying she was dating/had dated...but then she also says she won't give up her unrequited love.

Then later, presumably after university, she opens the door and someone is there. Is that Kaoru or someone else? Looks like Kaoru, but god knows...This is vague af.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I'm so confused. Uta says she has found someone like Miyabi during university, implying she was dating/had dated...but then she also says she won't give up her unrequited love.

She actually says, “I learned what it feels like to have someone like you.” That’s at least ambiguous—I read it as “someone liked me, although I didn’t like them back.”

joined Nov 13, 2020

Can someone recommend me actual good yuri manga and not whatever the fuck this is

joined Aug 20, 2016

Holy sh*t! I don’t usually post comments here but what the actual f**k? This was by far my favorite GL manga out there (and it still is) but what kind of horrible ending was that? Is this some sort of joke? I don’t feel like there’s a closure to this story at all. So many questions remain unanswered... honestly grateful for this manga, the lineart is so damn beautiful and it really depicts the pain of how an unrequited love can hurt like a b*tch, but what was that ending? It would have been better for the author to just end the story somewhere on page 20 or 21 instead. That I can accept because that is actually what an unrequited love feels like and what it is supposed to be like most of the time. But THIS ending? My mind can not fathom the whole situation at all. Overall, this was a great manga and I really enjoyed reading it, but it really needs a better ending. Anyways, thanks for all your hard work :)

last edited at Nov 17, 2020 11:40AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.