Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

10807fb9dea2e14573bdced1ea4c45e9
joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh shit theres all these new comments, makes me feel like I missed something here.

Bf8d3792-ce29-4734-b842-6f7d5e2364ed
joined Nov 22, 2019

Where to read it online if its licensed?!

joined Oct 23, 2016

You guys want an amazingly well written, well paced, good slow burn, drama, and heading towards yuri series?

https://dynasty-scans.com/series/living_with_my_brothers_wife

Thank me later.

last edited at Apr 29, 2020 8:56AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You guys want an amazingly well written, well paced, good slow burn, drama, and heading towards yuri series?

Thank me later.

This series has been mentioned here several times before. A sharp contrast in approach, to be sure.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Thank me later.

O how grateful we are for the boons you bestow- wait a minute this is just the same thing that was linked a million times.
Almost like you never read this thread before.
How unexpected.

joined Feb 14, 2019

Thank me later.

I mean, it is a sweet enough slice-of-life story, but at 76 chapters (ongoing) of utterly platonic sisterly support and companionship no-burn might be more accurate than slow-burn (the only "romance" has been 4th wall fanservice nods to yuri tropes).

On the other hand, viewed as a romance it makes MUL seem fast moving and laser focused by comparison, so that is a bright side.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Wait, isn't this series part of the Yuri Hime publication? Something gay has gotta happen at the end.

Huh? There's Kuro and Miyabi, who got their own little romance arc. Also that bi girl who had her first relationship go badly and is now just flailing around randomly and trying to avoid getting too hooked on anyone.

Then one of the main characters is as gay as it can get, she fell in love and confessed too.

Plenty of "gay" already happened. About half of the characters that have been presented are LGBT characters.

Uta, Risako, Kuro, Miyabi and that casual relationship girl are all of non-straight persuasion and everyone has at least attempted to follow their romantic interests. Even if those attempts have often been half-baked, bit weird or unsuccessful.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Oh my god I seriously can't tell where this is gonna go from now on..

EnjoyTheNoise
Zigv3uyqlg0hih2ixcp8saivs99g-ehejzp51vcc89w
joined Feb 8, 2018

Dear tMnR, just give us more Eli x Umi and end this suffering

joined Apr 16, 2020

Lemme just go through eli x umi series one more time..

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Deja vu? I feel like I already read this chapter on here. Or was that somewhere else? Starting to lose my mind here.

I wish Kaoru would soon realize that Reiich was cheating on her with With so-called friend Risako.

last edited at May 2, 2020 12:25PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I wish Kaoru would soon realize that Reiich was cheating on her with With so-called friend Risako.

I wish we had actual evidence that this so-called cheating happened.

Kuro_Panther
joined Jul 21, 2016

I miss those EliUmi doujinshis...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I know I argued pretty hard for "he's definitely cheating" back at the time, But honestly it's looking more like he -wanted- to but Risako is into Kaoru, so I think it's looking less likely that he actually successfully did a deed, so to speak. "Unrequited Love" really is looking more and more like the best possible title for this series.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

Looking at the chapter, the only thing I can say is: Man everyone's arms kinda change length from panel to panel.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

"and rei-kun... you love him and he's important to you, and that won't change, right?"
nods

The author has literally taken chapters upon chapters of showing Kaoru is not into Uta this way and really just loves Reiichi, but shows one chapter of desperation from Kaoru calling Uta because she has no one else to talk to but then you get surprised and disappointed.

Whether or not Kaoru could develop romantic feelings for Uta is a separate question from whether or not it is frustrating seeing Kaoru continue to be a doormat for her neglectful, possibly cheating husband. Like, it would be kinda nice to see Kaoru entertain the notion of kicking him to the curb, if it turns out he -is- cheating. Or even if he just keeps forgetting and ignoring important dates in their relationship. I'm a pretty freaking scatterbrained person, but if I was in a relationship with somebody, you can fucking bet your life that my smartphone calendar would be filled with reminders about our FIRST FREAKING ANNIVERSARY.

Reiichi is a d-bag, is my point.

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

goddamit. i just hope kaoru actually loves uta because if she don't, she's a real bitch and only using uta to feel better about herself.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In a narrow sense we do. Not physical sexual intercourse, of course, but it is indisputably the case that:

• Reiichi claimed to be out of town on business.
  • He was in town with Risako.

He has offered no explanation for this, and Risako lied about ever being together with him since Kaoru and Reiichi were married.

There’s pretty much no explanation that covers all those circumstances except, at minimum, emotional infidelity and (because of the lying directly and by omission) personal betrayal.

joined Sep 13, 2018

so , she still loves him? i was expecting her to not love him anymore at that point.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

We have evidence he lies to her. Not that he's cheating on her.

That she still loves him is not that surprising. Lots of women keep defending their abuser and say they love them, even after they have done much worse.

joined Aug 19, 2019

Why does everybody ship Eli and Umi?

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BugDevil posted:

Deja vu? I feel like I already read this chapter on here. Or was that somewhere else? Starting to lose my mind here.

It's been posted on Mangadex by the other group. Piranha something.

Dynasty obviously decided to stick with Chaosteam.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

We have evidence he lies to her. Not that he's cheating on her.

Hence my use of the term “emotional infidelity.” There are lots of ways to “cheat” on one’s partner—lying about being with another person you used to date is one of them.

joined Dec 13, 2013

i wonder what kind of ending will this manga have

at first i thought “sure, Uta will end up with Kaoru eventually, after they build their relationship and stuff” it would be a predictable ending, yes, but it would mean that at least the manga “told a story” uknow like Uta and Kaoru started this way, and now theyre THAT way

but it really doesnt look like the ending will have them together so i wonder what’s the author trying to achieve with this series with their characters staying pretty much the same way? I mean, that’s wrong to say bc they sure had development but its kind of underwhelming for a romance story.

To reply you must either login or sign up.