Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

Murcielago_reiko
joined Dec 9, 2019

At this point “Kaoru snaps gay” may be a top 5 Most Reasonable Outcome.

LOL

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Please, please release me from my ignorance that has led me to commit so many offenses against you: what do you mean by "cheating"? You keep saying that a certain kind of infidelity is most definitely not cheating (even though the words are in fact synonyms).

So by all means "be clear about what words mean" and explain what "cheating" is as opposed to "infidelity."

It seems you have a hard time letting go of your bile, so I'll just quote my previous post instead of explaining something you already know.

Until either romantic or sexual connections are made it is not cheating.

That's all there is to it. Any emotion or concept that deviates from romanitc or sexual involvement is not cheating (unless we go by the gambling/contest/religious definitions).

Infidelity in this context has a different connotation, hence why it has emotional written before it. I have not disputed the meaning of standard infidelity. The idea of "emotional infidelity" is related to cheating (in theory/academically), but in practice is not considered cheating by most people. You probably well understood this, but can't bring yourself to just drop it. Whatever your reason to be so affected by this, please contain yourself. It's a slog to talk to you in this state.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Infidelity in this context has a different connotation, hence why it has emotional written before it. I have not disputed the meaning of standard infidelity. The idea of "emotional infidelity" is related to cheating (in theory/academically), but in practice is not considered cheating by most people. You probably well understood this, but can't bring yourself to just drop it. Whatever your reason to be so affected by this, please contain yourself. It's a slog to talk to you in this state.

Condescending much? Your pretense of speaking for "most people" is truly hilarious.

As always, you "win."

last edited at May 3, 2020 10:52AM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

well coming to sleep with a sweet lil gal that has a crush on you sufferring and all after telling her you love her brother and that won't change... that's just kinda beyond cruel...

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

can we vote somewhere for "Kaoru snaps gay"? maybe author will just add a glimpse of the brighter future...
so much suffering... it kinda becomes more and more of a depressing as fuck

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

can we vote somewhere for "Kaoru snaps gay"? maybe author will just add a glimpse of the brighter future...
so much suffering... it kinda becomes more and more of a depressing as fuck

Them dating isn't the only option for a happy ending. Also, it's very hard to ship them at this point, one of the reasons why you mentioned above. Kaoru is not only weak but also selfish.

Screenshot_20200409-032304_2
joined Apr 9, 2020

I don't think there's any chance of Kaoru and Uta being the endgame couple. As the "title" suggest, the plot is more about Uta dealing with her "unrequited love" for Kaoru. It's as straightforward as it can be.

It's just insufferable and frustrating at the same time to see Uta be dragged down into this rabbit hole.

My thoughts exactly after reading this chapter.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I don't think there's any chance of Kaoru and Uta being the endgame couple. As the "title" suggest, the plot is more about Uta dealing with her "unrequited love" for Kaoru. It's as straightforward as it can be.

It's just insufferable and frustrating at the same time to see Uta be dragged down into this rabbit hole.

My thoughts exactly after reading this chapter.

Kek, there is so much unrequited love in this manga that one getting requited isn't a big deal.

joined Jul 23, 2017

I thought they were going to sleep in the bed

Alcoholism
joined Apr 15, 2017

Same, sleeping like that can't be good for your back.

Unknown%20(1)
joined Jan 30, 2019

I'm all for Kaoru snaps gay please.

Bf8d3792-ce29-4734-b842-6f7d5e2364ed
joined Nov 22, 2019

Jesus when will they DO IT!!! I’m gettinng bored here… even 1/2 is getting more interesting than this…

joined Jan 14, 2020

There's the whole "needed by one you love" thing from early on: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch09#27

Kaoru's need increasing...

Also man, I'd forgotten pretty much all the side characters until I re-read a lot last night.

joined Aug 29, 2015

The other manga "Living with my brother's wife" is gayer than My Unrequited Love even though it doesn't have a yuri tag on it.

It kinda drives you nuts to see Kaoru and Uta have these emotional almost romantic moments only for Uta or Kaoru to snap us back to reality every time they mentions Reiichi into their conversation ruining the moment for all us. Yuri-baiting at its finest.

last edited at May 3, 2020 7:55PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Stupid boxblocking onii-sans! Whether dead or alive.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

It kinda drives you nuts to see Kaoru and Uta have these emotional almost romantic moments only for Uta or Kaoru to snap us back to reality

oh there goes gravity
Oh, there goes Rabbit, he choked
He's so mad, but he won't give up that easy? No
He won't have it, he knows his whole back's to these ropes

last edited at May 3, 2020 8:31PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Reminder that it's not just Reichii lying to Kaoru; Risako did too. https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/my_unrequited_love_ch26#24

joined Jan 14, 2020

Wait, if Uta's mom was a doctor who got suspended and went to work abroad, why is Uta with her nearby in Japan now?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Wait, if Uta's mom was a doctor who got suspended and went to work abroad, why is Uta with her nearby in Japan now?

Chapters 16 & 17: She "came back to fulfill her duty as a mom." She was going to live with her husband and wanted Uta to come with her.

The whole thing makes no sense except as a mechanical plot device to get Uta out of the house--so she can then come running back.

• The mom still can't practice medicine in Japan.
  • The dad won't even talk to the mother about living together until she agrees to a divorce.
  • Once Uta moves back, her mother isn't around anyway because the mother "prioritizes her work [which either isn't as a doctor or isn't in Japan] anyway."

So much for "fulfilling her duty as a mother."

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Same, sleeping like that can't be good for your back.

I wanted to hold my back when I saw Kaoru's sleeping position.

Both Kaoru and Reiichi are neglecting their relationship. The only one attending is Uta, and she really shouldn't be. I kind of feel like she invited Kaoru's "cruelness". The rhetorical question about Kaoru's feelings toward Reiichi not changing was borderline masochistic. The girl needs to learn how to set boundaries, hah. (I'm not saying Uta deserved the hand holding. That was still a selfish move on Kaoru's part; however, she did position herself as a doormat.)

It would probably be out of character, but I'd find it refreshing if Risako showed up and confessed to Kaoru. Then maybe she and Uta could bond over the futility of their feelings. :D

last edited at May 3, 2020 10:51PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

'Chapters 16 & 17: She "came back to fulfill her duty as a mom." She was going to live with her husband and wanted Uta to come with her.'

Right, so at first I thought that she was taking Uta back overseas with her, but obviously not. Yeah, seems like a lame plot device. Disappointing.

last edited at May 4, 2020 1:49AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Condescending much? Your pretense of speaking for "most people" is truly hilarious.

As always, you "win."

rolls eyes

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

'Chapters 16 & 17: She "came back to fulfill her duty as a mom." She was going to live with her husband and wanted Uta to come with her.'

Right, so at first I thought that she was taking Uta back overseas with her, but obviously not. Yeah, seems like a lame plot device. Disappointing.

Not to mention (implied):

Mom: "I want us to be a family again."

Dad: "Fine--as long as you agree to a divorce first."

lapislazulii
B6071aac7a563dcf7b3ca75169a02fc0
joined Dec 4, 2018

Kaoru is being extremely selfish here, not only she's "using" Uta to get comfort, she's ignoring her feelings and efforts to forget about her and move on, such behavior will only result in Uta getting more hurt and thus will still have lingering feelings despite her efforts to turn the page, she said in a previous chapter that she will love kaoru forever although that can be true it simply won't be the case in a couple of years, she can still have these affectionate feelings towards her sister in law but they can't be as intense as they used to be. Uta is still young and as the title suggests we're not getting our girl on girl action chapter albeit we all want one, i would love to see a new love interest for our poor Uta just so she can close this chapter of her life and strive for someone better.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

she said in a previous chapter that she will love kaoru forever although that can be true it simply won't be the case in a couple of years, she can still have these affectionate feelings towards her sister in law but they can't be as intense as they used to be

I especially agree with this part 100 percent. This manga presents these unrequired love feelings as a "death" sentence in a way that it's way too pessimistic regarding people's abilities to move on. But that's not true at all. A happy ending would be Uta moving on and being able to love someone else.
Wasting her life without ever being able to love someone else like that is worse than Kaoru never returning her feelings.

To reply you must either login or sign up.