Forum › Don’t Forget the Forget-Me-Nots discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Wow this thread got shit all of a sudden. Might wanna stop with that whole shit posting and all.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Long lost love because "Sorry, I don't really swing that way, I just wanted to try for the sake of it, gonna get married, bye." Yeah. Sure. Ok. MC should get over it. No big deal. She's gonna hook up with that sweet new girl, absolutely going for her happy endi-

reads last page

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

lol my heart hurts ;___;

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

Long lost love because "Sorry, I don't really swing that way, I just wanted to try for the sake of it, gonna get married, bye." Yeah. Sure. Ok. MC should get over it. No big deal. She's gonna hook up with that sweet new girl, absolutely going for her happy endi-

reads last page

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

^^^ This

joined Jun 14, 2013

This is really garbage. I wasn't even surprised and kinda rushed through this cause bisexual tag but seriously why the obvious troll slap in the face? Y'all like to torture us or something? BOO this shit.

0asm1
joined Oct 28, 2013

Well. Finally something to wake us up from the usual beautiful yuri dream. More "a slap to the face" than "a spray of cold water" type tho. Oh well. Just a reminder that this can really happen, so be careful with your heart my friends, we're already as vulnerable as it is.

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This is kind of a long shot and perhaps a farfetched idea, but seeing how the 花言葉 (lit. flower words) for the 勿忘草 (wasurenagusa/forget-me-not) are "true love" and "memories", maybe the title is literally saying "Don't forget about true love and past memories"?

As in, Kyouko tried to pierce Hana's ears so Hana wouldn't ever forget about her. She wanted to force her way into Hana's life by turning the girl's ears into a reminder of their time together. Err, still, it wasn't a very rational decision on her part, nor was it very nice. Meanwhile, I'm under the impression that Sayako isn't as interested in the man as she is with Kyouko (I'm suggesting that maaaybe Sayako loves Kyouko, but also likes her husband, though not as much) Sayako knowing about Hana tells me that she's been there to listen to Kyouko's feelings maany times and to give her a shoulder to lean on. Moreover, Sayako's decision to pierce her own ears might be considered significant as well? The only thing that puts me off is the pregnancy test though. That... kind of destroys my whole theory, so I'll just stop rambling, LOL.

I mean, I have no idea what I'm saying. I'm scrambling to find hints that would make this one-shot not seem as bad as it is.

last edited at Nov 5, 2016 11:22PM

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

This is why Dynasty should implement a fucking "Bad End" tag or something that gives a heads up to potential victims.

Forget spoilers. Awful things like these deserve to be spoiled for how hateful they are with Yuri

joined Feb 18, 2015

Bi-phobic stories are sad...

Drinks%20cup
joined Feb 9, 2016

I've read so much angst at this point that this doesn't even affect me lol. Its still pretty fucked up though, i feel bad for Kyouko :/

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Was I the only one who thought, "Woah, looks like she has a thing for married women" ?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

You have a harem and you pick two straight girls, why. Just take a few girls from your harem and enjoy.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

-vmfsod
joined Feb 28, 2016

I was expecting something good like After 9 or Love sign, oh boy was I wrong. Still like this authors art though.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Drpepper, don't fall for the obvious ploys.

Utopt, your taste is bad and you should feel bad. Luckily, you don't fit any target yuri demographic, unless you're a slashfic person, which is non-market, irrelevant fanfiction separate from yuri.

As for a fanbase for this, it's readers of yurihime. They're the demographic, they drive what appears in the magazine. Yuri hime and rakuen define yuri. Yuri project translates top tier stuff, using any relevant barometer of good yuri. Plus, angst and drama are part and parcel yuri. That's how it is. If you don't like it, don't read the yuri serials.

Fight me empirically.

This one shot was a brilliant, emotional roller coaster. So far, everyone in the comments has sided with the main character despite the fairly clear rape scene where she pushes down and pierces her old lover. She's reprehensible and gets her just desserts. A testament for how skilled the author is in guiding readers.

Check it, I'm a time traveler.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 2:08AM

joined Oct 15, 2014

Fuck this just ruin my day.......

joined Apr 26, 2016

Sees the biphobia
Okay not gonna touch this manga
Can't it be
"Hey I like this guy but I like you more" or healthy poly (think Saber Rin Shiro or Harley ivy Harleys boyfriend
Im gay and I prefer stories where girl ends with girl but it would be nice to not get biphobia

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 3:11AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This one shot was a brilliant, emotional roller coaster. So far, everyone in the comments has sided with the main character despite the fairly clear rape scene where she pushes down and pierces her old lover. She's reprehensible and gets her just desserts. A testament for how skilled the author is in guiding readers.

Finally, at least one person here also recognizes this. This manga doesn't say anything about bisexuals or lesbians - only about fucked-up people and their fucked-up relationships.

• Hana is a lying liar who lies and doesn't give a flying fart about anyone but herself. She pretty much said in the flashback that she's only with Kyouko for the orgasms. It had nothing to do with her sexual preferences.
  • Kyouko is a passive-possessive jerk who gets a kick out of mutilating those close to her to claim them as her property and gets violent when they try to move on. It has nothing to do with her sexual preferences, either.
  • Sayako is a two-timer who cheats on both her husband and an emotionally unstable woman and apparently gets a kick out of being physically mutilated by the latter. Again, it has nothing to do with her sexual preferences.

The manga is a brilliant depiction of a relationship trainwreck, and the fact that it has caused such a massive emotional reaction here (not a positive reaction, mind you) is a testament to its artistic quality.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 3:44AM

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I could enjoy some good bad ending,but this is just plain bad,very bad.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Does no one moderate these boards? It's disheartening to see biphobic slurs tolerated. It's hate speech and it's unacceptable.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 6:04AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

"Hey I like this guy but I like you more" or healthy poly (think Saber Rin Shiro or Harley ivy Harleys boyfriend

Harley/Ivy/Joker, healthy poly. Hahahaha..hahaha..haha..ha

Bunnythor_full_small
joined May 17, 2015

Anyone who saw the Aaaaaangst tag and still read this got what they deserved.

Nine times out of ten, the Aaaaangst tag means that the story is pure poison. I always always always check the discussion thread first when I see that tag to see if it is safe to read. I do that with the Drama tag too, as there's a fifty-fifty chance that the story also deserves but is missing the Aaaaaangst tag.

Stories like this are persuasive arguments for an Unhappy Ending tag.

Ava
joined Dec 25, 2013

The manga is a brilliant depiction of a relationship trainwreck, and the fact that it has caused such a massive emotional reaction here (not a positive reaction, mind you) is a testament to its artistic quality.

and

Does no one moderate these boards? It's disheartening to see biphobic slurs tolerated. It's hate speech and it's unacceptable.

Fully agree with the both of you. While I find the story itself extremely sad and depressing, the comments here frighten me.
Isn't implementing a 'bad end' tag even worse than skipping directly to the last page of a book? Like watching a highly subjective ranting about whatever on yt? Where's the fun in dismissing the opportunity to discover it yourself and create your own opinion?
Tags a nice to find something specific, but I pretty much like the saying I picked up somewhere: "If one seeks something, they blind themselves to what they do not seek"...

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 8:42AM

joined Apr 26, 2016

Harley/Ivy/Joker, healthy poly. Hahahaha..hahaha..haha..ha

She dumped Joker a long time ago
Some other guy she is with

https://www.google.com/amp/moviepilot.com/posts/3910496/amp

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 9:26AM

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Those tags and 75 comments. Think I might give this a skip.

Hey, finally I get to come into a thread just to tell everyone I'm not going to contribute! Sure makes me look dumb, doesn't it?

To reply you must either login or sign up.