Forum › Posts by aoinokansei

joined Oct 6, 2014

There is one comment that's ambiguous in that sense, but that's it. So wtf do you expect me to moderate here?

"One more reminder that a bi is a synonym to a whore" is ambiguous?

Yes, because they could easily have been making an ironic statement about how bi girls are presented in manga. It doesn't necessarily mean you or me or anyone real. If they continue there'll be an issue, but it's foolish to jump to conclusions from just that.

Lol. Are you serious? Have you read the inflamatory conversation that has followed? What needs to be said or to happen for you to think it's biphobia?

If this is the kind of garbage that gets a pass here I won't be back.

To bi and pansexuals, you are worth more than this.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Does no one moderate these boards? It's disheartening to see biphobic slurs tolerated. It's hate speech and it's unacceptable.

last edited at Nov 6, 2016 6:04AM

aoinokansei
Wicked Girl discussion 09 Sep 02:58
joined Oct 6, 2014
  1. Maho is a minor.
  2. Sensei was never in love with Maho. She was in love with the idea of saving Maho. Once it appears that, that took place any passion she had died.
  3. Maho is a minor! And an immature one at that. The power dynamics in their relationship are all messed up.
aoinokansei
Help me find a title? 29 Jul 17:58
joined Oct 6, 2014

She Her Camera is the manga and it makes me sad it ended badly. What a shame! Still, thank you for helping me find it!!

last edited at Jul 29, 2016 6:00PM

aoinokansei
Help me find a title? 29 Jul 16:55
joined Oct 6, 2014

Unfortunately I can't remember much more. :( one of the girls had a bob haircut I think. I just remember being impressed with how well they conveyed the class difference. How the girlfriend would try to buy the poor girl things and she went on a monologue about how it makes her feel indebted basically and that she would rather pay for herself.

I am so sorry I don't have more to go on!

aoinokansei
Help me find a title? 29 Jul 16:45
joined Oct 6, 2014

No, this title was more slice of life. It had realistic story telling and was quite good. Wish I could remember it!

Thank you though!

last edited at Jul 29, 2016 4:46PM

aoinokansei
Help me find a title? 29 Jul 16:35
joined Oct 6, 2014

Hi there all!

There is a manga I was following but I forgot the name of it and was wondering if you could help me out?

It was highschool romance where one of the girls was poor and the class difference was causing issues in their relationship.

Any help would be super appreciated!

aoinokansei
Stretch discussion 15 Oct 16:45
joined Oct 6, 2014

Queerbaiting is bullshit. :/

aoinokansei
Stretch discussion 19 Jun 10:28
joined Oct 6, 2014

I think Ran was probably sick of this dude's whining. He comes in, drinks his sorrows away, then when the woman he is constantly whining about shows up in his space he is like a weak-ass deer in the headlights and does literally nothing but look uncomfortable? He didn't even acknowledge Keiko and she was literally ONE SEAT AWAY. Ran doesn't strike me as the kind of person that looks kindly on that sort of weakness. I also think Ran whole heartedly believes Keiko deserves better.

last edited at Jun 19, 2015 10:29AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

By the way, they're right. A majority/authoritative power in any situation generally can't claim any type of bias against them, because it isn't bias - it's the oppressed defending themselves. It's not just for gender/sex either. Race, class differences (check out Dalits in India), etc. also experience the same thing. It's more or less a "perk" of being the underdog (either through a current situation or past history, like slavery).

Corvus, I am relieved someone in this forum is educated on political structures, institutional power, and social issues. Really <3 you right now. lol

I must say, though I find some of the writing in this manga to be lazy as hell, peeps are incredibly invested in arguing the nuances of this piece of work. Gotta give her that.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Aaaaand, your editing of my comments reveals a whole lot regarding the prejudices with which you interpret the world.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Sexism does only go one way

aaaaaaand like that you just lost all credibility, the conversation is over.

Some authors you should check out sooner rather than later, dude:

bell hooks
Audre Lorde
Gloria Anzaldua
Simon de Beauvoir
Naomi Wolf
Betty Friedan

joined Oct 6, 2014

EDIT: Thinking again... the world might not actually be better. Better for me to live in yes, but overall, just different, still many things left to work on.

I agree entirely.

In the U.S. there are more black people in prison right now than there was enslaved in the trans atlantic slave trade. Institutions contort themselves to retain power and undermine change on the regular, of this I have no doubt.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 9:49AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

to all the people defending this: make sachi a guy in your mind while re-reading this, see if it gets as much of a free pass as it does right now because yuri.

I have read stories and known guys who did this personally. All douchebags. It's funny, they cheat but don't like being cheated on... funny how that works. To me, no matter what gender or orientation, you cheat and hurt someone else, and feel no remorse for it, are scum.

You are awesome for this stance however you need to remember something: in media girls get a free pass on a lot of shit that guys just wouldn't get away with, its sad but its true.
A prime example of this would be evangelion, specifically shinji and asuka, shinji can at times be very femminine in his traits and the tropes used in his interaction and development, a ton of people hate shinji because they view him as "weak" and "a pussy", similarly asuka is extremely arrogant, aggressive and all around just not a nice person to a lot of the cast and she generally is LOVED by the fans for "stepping up" and taking the initiative because shinji wont (even though if you actually pay attention asuka's combat significance amounts to pretty much fuck all and she mostly gets her ass kicked), granted asuka was fleshed out to explain WHY she was like this later but that is a major problem, were the genders reversed shinji would be loved and asuka hated.

How does this tie in to this manga? well sachi gets a free pass on all of these things for the sole fact that "oh she was a victim of a semi-abusive cheating ex herself and it was just a mistake she wont do it again" even though that sounds mighty similar to what a cheating boyfriend would probably say to a certain character, but don't worry he was a man which means he is always wrong and just "cheating scum"

ugh call me when that double standard dies.

rambling

Good job reading there, you totally didn't miss the part where i said "in media" or anything.
and please stop acting like sexism only goes one way and stop demonizing men.

Sexism does only go one way in a patriarchal society. Pointing out a system held up by institutions is hardly demonizing men. Media, btws, an institution.

joined Oct 6, 2014

As for your apathy, shit changes when the oppressed rise up to fight. If things were incapable of changing we would still have the institution of slavery, apartheid, womxn would not have the right to vote or own land or be anything but her husband's property. The world still hates womxn (and all oppressed identities), no doubt, but I believe change is possible.

joined Oct 6, 2014

There are certainly westernized beauty standards that dictate worth (also a notion that is a piece of patriarchy), but even beauty does not protect a womxn from being a "bitch." As for you writing book, no need, womxn have been writing books about this shit for a century+.

joined Oct 6, 2014

to all the people defending this: make sachi a guy in your mind while re-reading this, see if it gets as much of a free pass as it does right now because yuri.

I have read stories and known guys who did this personally. All douchebags. It's funny, they cheat but don't like being cheated on... funny how that works. To me, no matter what gender or orientation, you cheat and hurt someone else, and feel no remorse for it, are scum.

You are awesome for this stance however you need to remember something: in media girls get a free pass on a lot of shit that guys just wouldn't get away with, its sad but its true.
A prime example of this would be evangelion, specifically shinji and asuka, shinji can at times be very femminine in his traits and the tropes used in his interaction and development, a ton of people hate shinji because they view him as "weak" and "a pussy", similarly asuka is extremely arrogant, aggressive and all around just not a nice person to a lot of the cast and she generally is LOVED by the fans for "stepping up" and taking the initiative because shinji wont (even though if you actually pay attention asuka's combat significance amounts to pretty much fuck all and she mostly gets her ass kicked), granted asuka was fleshed out to explain WHY she was like this later but that is a major problem, were the genders reversed shinji would be loved and asuka hated.

How does this tie in to this manga? well sachi gets a free pass on all of these things for the sole fact that "oh she was a victim of a semi-abusive cheating ex herself and it was just a mistake she wont do it again" even though that sounds mighty similar to what a cheating boyfriend would probably say to a certain character, but don't worry he was a man which means he is always wrong and just "cheating scum"

ugh call me when that double standard dies.

You really think the world has any kind of love for brash, aggressive womxn? Seriously? The world hates strong womxn, what they absolutely love is a strong womxn break down and need the help of a man, that is how shit works in the world. Also, womxn do not get any passes for cheating, when they are cheating on men. When womxn cheat on men they are harpies who deserve whatever terrible shit they get. Womxn cheating on womxn is much less egregious because, in peoples subconscious, there is always the very indoctrinated notion that these are not real relationships anyway. Also, people dispute rape being a thing in this world (especially outside of the context of extreme violence). If you think there is some double standard that subjugates men you are sorely, sorely mistaken.

Womxn didn't create patriarchy, they didn't create gender roles. When you complain of double standards acting like men are oppressed you miss a huge piece of the puzzle; rich men created the problem, and womxn suffer for it much more than a dude not being able to express himself.

last edited at Feb 23, 2015 8:56AM

joined Oct 6, 2014

Why is Remi culpable for other people's actions? She wasn't in a monogamous relationship, she didn't force Sachi to have sex. The whole point was that Sachi chose to. She chose to be duplicitous, she chose to be an aggressor, she made her own decisions. Remi is a lazy ass plot device, but she is hardly to be blamed for the actions of others.

joined Oct 6, 2014

Ugh, Ruki is so pathetic it makes me cringe.

aoinokansei
forum survey 11 Feb 23:07
joined Oct 6, 2014

I, personally, am curious about these specific questions, and self-introductions don't always include 'em so I asked. :B

aoinokansei
Poll #6: Snow? 11 Feb 18:28
joined Oct 6, 2014

Miami, baby. No snow for me! <3

aoinokansei
joined Oct 6, 2014

That's pretty harsh. Somehow I don't think the publisher in this case is like, Rupert Murdoch or something. They're just a publisher, a normal sort of business.

I really don't think it is productive to go into it on this forum, but I think the publishing industry is a sham. I am also anti-capitalist.

aoinokansei
joined Oct 6, 2014

Basically what happened was that a user from dynasty reported our actions to an author we were interested in working on scanlating, as well as to their publisher's site. So one project was ended prematurely (A Pet's Aesthetic), and another was ended before we could even consider starting on it (What Does the Fox Say).

Going to an author, like, whatever, I kinda get that. It's their work. But who the hell snitches to a money grubbing corporation like a publisher? That makes no sense to me.

aoinokansei
forum survey 11 Feb 08:27
joined Oct 6, 2014

People can answer the same questions on the thread if they don't mind not being anonymous.

I was assigned female at birth but identify as genderqueer.
I am only attracted to womxn both sexually and romantically.
And I am not transgender but definitely masculine of center.

aoinokansei
forum survey 11 Feb 08:22
joined Oct 6, 2014

Somebody edited my comment above regarding results. That is weird.

last edited at Feb 11, 2015 8:23AM