Forum › Asumi-chan Is Interested In Lesbian Brothels! discussion

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

Mod Edit: A word was substituted with a synonym. Do not use the removed word, or its lineage, on our forums or discord.

You know, the word that starts with META and the word moron are not synonyms at all. They mean completely different things.

You don't have to be stupid to be the kind of person they were talking about. Charles Babbage was like that - and nobody ever accused the creator of the Difference Engine of lacking intelligence. It's about an attitude towards works of art and fiction, not about smarts.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Mod Edit: A word was substituted with a synonym. Do not use the removed word, or its lineage, on our forums or discord.

You know, the word that starts with META and the word moron are not synonyms at all. They mean completely different things.

You don't have to be stupid to be the kind of person they were talking about. Charles Babbage was like that - and nobody ever accused the creator of the Difference Engine of lacking intelligence. It's about an attitude towards works of art and fiction, not about smarts.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'd accuse Babbage of lacking certain kinds of intelligence, like any stuck up smart guy who thinks it's impossible for someone with less "intelligence" than himself to know anything worthwhile that he doesn't. That type of "I succeeded in what I think is the hardest possible field therefore I can do anything below that effortlessly" person is a real pain to have to deal with. I bet he'd be a terrible yuri mangaka.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

1. I would highly suggest not antagonizing the mods.
  2. The word substituted works fine to get the overall point across, but isn't calling someone a moron also against the first rule of the forums? It seems like this would qualify for generally being a jerk.

last edited at Aug 23, 2024 3:27PM

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

So, like, what attitude are we talking about?
(Sorry but I know nothing about Charles Babbage so I dun get the reference.)

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

hey wait was the alcohol in that one chapter a stand-in for other drugs or does alcohol actually do that

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

Asumi is probably one of the least useless lesbians. She even wins at horse racing. At this point it still feels a little like she is cheating on Nanano.

I won't say so. She and Nanao have agreed on her brothel hobby. Nothing is hidden now.

wishforasunnyday
joined Nov 13, 2021

Do you know how much Asumi won? She said 10 visits' worth. I have been assuming one visit is 30,000 yen. So 300k? ($2100 USD)

joined Jan 14, 2020

Do you know how much Asumi won? She said 10 visits' worth. I have been assuming one visit is 30,000 yen. So 300k? ($2100 USD)

That sounds reasonable.

https://yuri-shinjuku.net/system.php?lang=en charges 28,000 yen for 1 hour, 410,000 for 90 minutes, 52,000 for 2 hours. 20,000 for a sexless 90 minute date. I don't recall if we know the length of Asumi's standard request.

(And if you pay in dollars you pay a hilariously poor exchange rate, 100 yen per dollar, vs. the current 142.)

last edited at Sep 9, 2024 1:03PM

joined Apr 6, 2019

So, like, what attitude are we talking about?
(Sorry but I know nothing about Charles Babbage so I dun get the reference.)

Charles Babbage loved number tables, punched cards and musical scores. He found them pleasant to the eye. Eg, when he looked at a musical score, he would admire the elegant harmony of lines and dots and praise how they connect to each other. Since he liked looking at scores, he claimed to like music. However, if somebody actually started playing music when he was around (on a guitar, a piano, whatever) he would go red with anger and yell: "Stop that infernal racket!"

Some people like manga the way Babbage liked music. They see lines and dots and constructs of tropes, all of which can be measured and tabulated, and then they can analyze and compare the tables and deduct all sorts of little results. However, when they see us immersing ourselves in a story and enjoying ourselves immensely, they start whining: "What are you doing?!? That's just fiction! Those places and people are not real!!"

They really think they're revealing important new information to us when they talk like that. These are some of the posts I've read in this here forum along the years:

"These girls are characters in a story! They can't be your friends! It's pointless to like them!"

"You're saying she should dump her lover and date her bestie? Sorry, mate, she can't hear you: she's made of pixels!"

"Wow, thanks for denouncing all his crimes, loud and clear! Too bad you'll never be able to drag him to your tribunal and judge him, coz he's not human, he's a character!"

"Oh so you love whatshername? You're crazy about her? Well I got news for you: she's not a real woman! She'll never love you back! Hah! Hah!"

Manga comics are like punched cards to these people. Where we see a fascinating, passionating recreation of life, they see tiny holes in a piece of card stock. When asked what the eff is wrong with their heads, they reply they're being META about this 'fiction' stuff. This is why writers in other forums started calling them... exactly that. That word. Plus the "-ard" suffix.

Everyone is entitled to have fun with manga whatever way they want, but it sure would be nice if these guys stopped trying to teach us, again and again, that manga stories are not for realsies. Because it does no good at all, and only pollutes the threads.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

It is imo in fact very healthy and good to remember that fiction is fiction when it comes to the morality angle you've rolled into all that. The people who are constantly wailing and gnashing their teeth over main characters being immoral, talking about if characters "deserve" happiness, etc, are definitely way more annoying than the "she's just a drawing" people, imo. Especially the people who deliberately read manga tagged "cheating" and then spam the comments with complaints that the characters are cheating, lmao.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this chapter's storyline but the opening page of Asumi feeding the horse is very cute so it's okay

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

"These girls are characters in a story! They can't be your friends! It's pointless to like them!"

"You're saying she should dump her lover and date her bestie? Sorry, mate, she can't hear you: she's made of pixels!"

"Wow, thanks for denouncing all his crimes, loud and clear! Too bad you'll never be able to drag him to your tribunal and judge him, coz he's not human, he's a character!"

"Oh so you love whatshername? You're crazy about her? Well I got news for you: she's not a real woman! She'll never love you back! Hah! Hah!"

These are all quotes from the "Woop-woop! Toxic!" guy, right?

joined Oct 19, 2022

These are all quotes from the "Woop-woop! Toxic!" guy, right?

Yes they are, lol.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this chapter's storyline but the opening page of Asumi feeding the horse is very cute so it's okay

I agree it's crazy cute, but she's doing it wrong and it makes me a li'l bit scared. (⋟﹏⋞)

You have to hold your hand out flat when offering a horse food with your hand. You want to make sure your hand is flat with your fingers together and the food or treat on your palm. Doing this will keep your fingertips away from the horse's mouth, and it will be less likely to accidentally nip you while taking the food.

The way Asumi's doing it, it makes me wanna yell "STAAAHP!! Mind your cute fingers!!"

joined Aug 24, 2024

I do want to briefly apply a personal and realistic lens to this story.

In my opinion, Asumi’s relationship with Nanao has power dynamics that I wouldn’t be comfortable with for my part (living it, not reading about it). Asumi is living in her house, getting paid by her, and would become overly reliant on maintaining a relationship that is very new, very fast, and both of their first “serious” relationships. It’s also a relationship where Nanao seems more into Asumi than vice versa. The situation is cute and funny, but in Asumi’s shoes I’d be a bit freaked.

Having a sugar mommy may sound fun, but when I was offered something like this in grad school, even with someone I liked, I declined without really considering it. It was clear that it would have meant subordinating my dreams (which were more career oriented than prostitute oriented). Maybe that sort of kept woman dynamic is more common in hetero relationships… I would still find it scary personally.

Recently, I had a partner leave because she felt her financial dependence on me was destabilizing to our trust. I should have seen it coming but it totally surprised me at the time. To be honest, trying to puzzle out why the Nanao arc bugged me really helped me process this and understand it, hence the long post.

Ultimately the series is about Asumi having one hell of a hot girl summer. Nanao, Mai, Ouka… none of them need to be the One. If she does date Nanao I hope it ends up on a more even footing in terms of power and desire.

Again, this read is definitely informed by my personal take. Don’t sweat it if yours is different please.

Sorryclipboard01
joined Sep 21, 2023

Asumi-chan really is a little bottom-chan, isn't she?

She actually has that trait particular to extreme bottom subs: she likes even what she doesn't like, lol.

Meaning by this that even if there's something she wouldn't normally like, like hardcore BDSM, she can and will like it as long as a strong and masterful top domme forces it upon her.

Her fantasies while waiting for the limo are a lovely exercise in make-believe: "Oh no, I'll be dominated, and they'll put a leash on me, and take me for walkies, on all fours and naked, and everyone in the street will look at me in disgust, and I'll be mortified and humiliated, and if I say anything but 'woof' I'll be whipped, oh noes, how awful, oh woe is me!"

And at the same time she's obviously getting SO turned on by picturing these erotic games in her mind, lmao. When the limo driver talks to her, her automatic reply is "Woof!"

joined Jun 17, 2018

Her fantasies while waiting for the limo are a lovely exercise in make-believe: "Oh no, I'll be dominated, and they'll put a leash on me, and take me for walkies, on all fours and naked, and everyone in the street will look at me in disgust, and I'll be mortified and humiliated, and if I say anything but 'woof' I'll be whipped, oh noes, how awful, oh woe is me!"

Wild fantasies indeed:D While those are very hot, the taking her outside part is a bit too extreme.

joined Oct 5, 2023

Wild fantasies indeed :D While those are very hot, the taking her outside part is a bit too extreme.

One day, these will come true. It's one of those Chekhov's gun kinda things. Asumi has been shown several times to be (guiltily) interested in the bdsm games Ouka-senpai plays with her hos. Asumi has even fantasized about being in the receiving end of such plays. I'd say that at this point, the two biggest Chekhov's guns in the story are when will Asumi meet Mai and when will Ouka take Asumi to a hotel room and have her way with her... with ropes and cuffs and whips and all the jig.

Let's just hope she won't force Asumi to go naked outside and play doggie. Fingers crossed.

last edited at Sep 23, 2024 7:59PM

joined Jun 17, 2018

One day, these will come true. It's one of those Chekhov's gun kinda things.

Hope you are right. :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.