Forum › Our "Love" is Disgusting discussion

20230106_011143
joined Mar 8, 2018

Honestly this manga is making me more nervous than any thriller or horror I have ever watched. Like watching a train crash in slow motion D:

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Azuki's first sexual experience that wasbranded "disgusting", and evidently traumatized her. Yakou doesn't look at her or other girls that way. That's pretty ace if you ask me.

I don't know, it definitely seems like she has a sexual urge, with how she got off almost to completion with that figuring. Judging by that and her reaction after, I feel like her case is one of a deeply repressed sexuality that is most definitely caused by some intense trauma.

Not that asexuality is the point or even related to this manga necessarily, but I just wanted to say that the typically definition of asexuality is a lack of sexual attraction to other people, which means that regardless of whether a person masturbates or has a high sexual drive, they can still be asexual if they don't have the desire to have sex with other people. Based on Yakou's self description, I would call her asexual. But we still don't know if she is being completely honest, or if she's instead lying out of a sense of shame. In either case, I think it will be really interesting to see how this plays out.

Grateful for the explanation because it sharpened some edges on my grasp of the definition, but I'll also sharpen what I originally meant by elaborating that I read her as having a very repressed sexual urge/attraction to/with/against people, regardless of her fetish. That was originally only based on the first chapter, and in a way where I see her development leading. Still hard to say with any certainty, and I'm also looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

I'll take my bet on this Niji girlie having infantilizing fetish/being into baby play, giving that she's called Niji-mama and kinda shielding Remu's "innocent", or more specifically, "babying" Remu. Or maybe she's just your typical yandere girl. Let's wait and see.

I'm simultaneously praying that is the case and desperately hoping it isn't. It'll be so fucking funny on the one hand, but on the other oh dear lord the poor girl. Both of them.

Btw is anyone getting some mommy issue vibes from Remu? Like, she was, um, using clay to "enhance" the doll's boobs based on her mother's?...

Yes, that popped to me as well. Really interesting thing to specify, and I really want to see how this plays out.

In any case, about the chapter itself, more than anything I like that it builds more about the world, or at least the characters' worlds. Both Niji and Remu's sister are without a shadow of a doubt missing a screw or two, and I'm both frightened and excited to see how.

last edited at Aug 19, 2024 6:14AM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Sound the yandere alarm.

joined Feb 24, 2023

Wait they through this girl out when she was a kid for…licking dolls. Am I reading that right?

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

No. They threw out her dolls, and then her parents divorced at some point after that.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

Love Usui's softer works, wonder how this one will turn out?

Looks like everyone has something going on for them, but ngl Azuki's fixation on her ex's body and turning them into dolls that she personifies is pretty troubling

I can more or less understand Remu's fetish since it would fit on the "My Sex Addiction" tv show. Not sure what the deal is with Niji but I'm getting yandere vibes with her lol, and Meguru is uhhh, well there's something happening there but idk what it is yet.

In all, this should be a wild ride

Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

So im guessing the older sister is Meguru, and going by her reaction to the commercial, she hates all forms of physical intercourse. She wasn't actually calling Azuki herself disgusting for liking girls.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

So im guessing the older sister is Meguru, and going by her reaction to the commercial, she hates all forms of physical intercourse. She wasn't actually calling Azuki herself disgusting for liking girls.

I wonder if Meguru was romantically attracted to Azuki, but Meguru got disgusted since she thought Azuki was just sexually attracted to her which made her hate lust and apparently people in general. Frankly, it seems that Azuki actually was since she’s making figures of just Meguru’s body now and forgot her face. I think it’d be interesting if Meguru was also obsessing over Azuki all this time in her own “disgusting” way, but this theory is probably wrong anyway.

I’m also wondering how Remu will react when she finds out that she was attracted to a figure of her stepsister.

last edited at Aug 19, 2024 1:29PM

kinseijoshi Uploader
Suimasen Scans
joined Feb 8, 2024

I feel bad for these girls. Everyone in this manga strikes me as having been scared off of healthy exploration and finding outlets for their kink. So they're all just stuck wallowing in shame over those feelings while not actually being able to resolve the source of the shame. Repression is a motherfucker

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Niji seems to be less interested in being just her "mama" than she makes it seem...

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Kitbashing is an insanely expensive hobby that makes me glad I collect knives and trading cards instead

I kitbash because collecting trading cards is an insanely expensive hobby. Well, and that it's an all consuming hobby to keep up with any meta. But kitbashing is great and can be done with any cheap models, no need to buy and combine the massive $300 ones. Although, I don't think it's super comparable to commissioning figures, I'd imagine that's pretty expensive

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Wait minute.... is her older sister Meguru????

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Wait minute.... is her older sister Meguru????

Most of us are working under that assumption. The alternative is she just so happens to look exactly like Meguru.

5688-1340606550
joined May 11, 2013

Wondering if this is gonna end up as some kind of queer-platonic polycule between Asaki, Remu, and Remu's sister. If Remu and Meguru are exclusively into dolls & plushies respectively, then I don't really see any of these characters doing sex stuff with each other without dolls as a proxy.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

Wondering if this is gonna end up as some kind of queer-platonic polycule between Asaki, Remu, and Remu's sister. If Remu and Meguru are exclusively into dolls & plushies respectively, then I don't really see any of these characters doing sex stuff with each other without dolls as a proxy.

There's some interpersonal kinks that could apply, like playacting as an inanimate doll for example. Just as a possibility.

joined Jun 3, 2014

I'm sorry Shio-sensei, I know you're trying so hard to make this seem serious but I can't stop myself from laughing every time doll stuff comes up. I literally died when she started sucking on the doll's titties

joined Dec 17, 2021

I get it, in some way. 2D character and particularly female ones are the only ones that I feel attracted to.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

If all four cover girls have some kind of fetish/obsession, maybe Meguru is REALLY into her plushies.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Honestly this manga is making me more nervous than any thriller or horror I have ever watched. Like watching a train crash in slow motion D:

For me it's more like seeing someone on an e-scooter zip by on a poorly maintained road, or "forgetting" to wash their hands in the bathroom. A low intensity discomfort, except it lingers in this case. I wonder if the tension will have a way to get released periodically, given that there might never be any typical sex scenes, and that Remu and Azuki are not prone to violence. (The sex or violence in these darker yuri series can act as a pressure valve for narrative tension, e.g. the fights and the property damage in 'Destroy it All and Love Me in Hell'.)

Will there be wholesome chapters every once in a while where the leads get to hang out and be briefly happy? Will the wildcard Niji instigate something sexual the leads would not normally do? Will there be some violence visited on the dolls instead? Or are the characters going to keep stewing over low heat with no breaks?

joined Oct 21, 2013

Niji-mama probably has some NTResque fetish - I'm guessing she whipped out her phone to record Remu talking about her interest in Azuki for her private use.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Wait I just saw that the title is "Bokura no Ai..." Which character uses boku? Forgive me if this was already mentioned and I forgot. Would they use that even if none of the main characters use "boku"?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wait I just saw that the title is "Bokura no Ai..." Which character uses boku?

"Bokura (僕ら)" means "we," so "僕らのアイ" means "Our Love."

I'm not sure why "ai" is written as "アイ" instead of "愛," but I guess it's to indicate that the love may not be real enough to warrant using kanji.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Wait I just saw that the title is "Bokura no Ai..." Which character uses boku?

"Bokura (僕ら)" means "we," so "僕らのアイ" means "Our Love."

I'm not sure why "ai" is written as "アイ" instead of "愛," but I guess it's to indicate that the love may not be real enough to warrant using kanji.

Yeah, I'm just curious if it is common to use 僕ら for a group of women even if none of them use the first-person pronoun 僕. I feel like normally women would use 私達. I'm mostly curious because if one of them uses a more masculine pronoun, it would be an extra dimension to their character.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Yeah, I'm just curious if it is common to use 僕ら for a group of women even if none of them use the first-person pronoun 僕

僕ら is a more informal way of saying "we." 僕 is also often use as a first-person pronoun in literary contexts (such as novels, poems or song texts), regardless of the gender of who is using it.

Canaan%20maria%20cute%20umbrella%20pic
joined Nov 20, 2018

Anyone who doesn't realize Usui's previous themes of asexuality were deeply connected to internalized lesbophobia... I'm envious that y'all didn't go through it. We lesbians not only grow up isolated, but also alienated. The only type of attraction to women we are taught is men's objectification, so a homosexual woman can go her entire life without realizing about her attraction since we just don't know what it's like to experience, we haven't seen attraction to women without dehumanization. And yes, a whole ton of us do feel disgusted towards our own attraction once we do realize. I myself struggled, still sometimes do, for nearly a decade with this. Before someone else told me I'm a lesbian, I didn't even think it was possible that what I felt for certain girls wasn't just deep affection. So, it is extremely possible we are witnessing in real time a lesbian woman finding herself through her works. I know I can absolutely see my own journey through these pages. Usui is, without a doubt, my favorite mangaka.

Edit: I forgot to mention. For five years, I was only comfortable with saying I was asexual than accepting the fact that I feel attraction exclusively to women, and Crescent Moon and Doughnuts did mirror my own thought process back then.

last edited at Aug 24, 2024 4:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.