Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

the way this worries me so much because sometimes being sleeping can be because of so many disorders or even something external with their home. If they both fell asleep something else is def up

joined May 10, 2021

I know I wanted them to catch a break, but that's a bit too much of a break.
Thanks for the chapter!

08bfe81a-adc0-4b62-8695-fb0e9feb4b41
joined Nov 14, 2022

I wonder if there’s a gas leak in the apartment or something.

Rider_face2
joined Jun 25, 2022

"Hopefully it's not carbon monoxide poisoning..." that was my thought after I finished the chapter.
Really though sleep disorders are the worst.

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Oh no.. this isn't good. Sounds like Yuna San is sick... If only Rena San took her to the ambulance when Yuna san is still sleeping, then maybe they would found out something is wrong.
Maybe something's wrong with the apartment. But what is the thing that could slowly poison someone in the apartment so long that it could turn out to be a sleeping disorder and later on becomes lethal?

last edited at Jun 23, 2024 5:06AM

Pfp2
joined Jan 11, 2022

PLEASE! No death flags!

joined Jun 12, 2015

Not good. I thought the end of the previous chapter was funny but now :(

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

get a CO monitor!

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

She's going through it. Pretty sure it's mental but let's see how it progresses.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Rena was already shown to fall asleep at strange times in chapter 1. Not sure what to make of it. Could be apartment or could be a health problem.

These two have been together for a long time even before they became lovers, so something has clearly gotten worse after they moved in.

last edited at Jun 23, 2024 8:50AM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Well that's certainly unsettling.

I'm almost mad at Rena. I mean, collapsing from exhaustion after a period of emotional stress, You can think "Maybe that's a one-off," and the fact that she was about to call an ambulance when she finally woke up means she at least recognized how scary that situation is. Finding her asleep on the floor, five hour nap, that's mildly concerning.

But the INSTANT she fell asleep in the tub, they should've resolved to see a doctor the NEXT DAY. Faffing about after that is bordering on negligence.

last edited at Jun 23, 2024 10:42AM

Puppyadachi
joined Apr 5, 2023

Yeah they were being too relaxed about it

joined Jul 6, 2020

Love is in the air? Wrong! Gas leak!

joined Oct 25, 2010

Beautiful story. Tuna is probably working harder than Rena realizes. It's just a guess!

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

Read 2 chapter so far, very high quality work.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I hope it's an easily resolved issue, and not something depressing >_>

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Would it be a gas leak? I'm not sure about all types of gas leaks, but I know that at least when it comes to carbon monoxide leaks, those tend to lead to blank spots in the memory, which Yuna hasn't been displaying thus far. I'd also expect to see a gas leak affecting Rena, which it doesn't seem to be.

I'm wondering if perhaps Yuna is simply not falling asleep at night due to stress over Rena's home salon which is leading to her passing out during the day. It would be a little anti-climactic but I'm not sure I really see this story going into particularly dark territory like health complications from gas leaks, plus we've already seen Yuna stressing a lot over the salon, so it being lack of sleep over stress would tie in to that.

PatchouliFleur
joined Apr 19, 2024

I'm really leaning towards depression just from experience but with the bath scene… I hope it doesn't go the tragedy route.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'm aware of a number of syndromes of chronic insomnia, but I never heard of one that causes chronic sleepiness (apart from, maybe, anti-histamine overuse). Any clues?

joined Jan 14, 2020

https://www.sleepfoundation.org/physical-health/medical-and-brain-conditions-cause-excessive-sleepiness

It is believed that nearly 80% of people with major depression have excessive daytime sleepiness.

Neurological conditions: Narcolepsy is a prominent example as it is a neurological condition in which the brain cannot properly regulate the sleep-wake cycle. Narcolepsy makes people prone to falling asleep rapidly, including at inopportune times.

Injury and infection: Traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions commonly cause sleeping problems, and brain tumors or lesions may provoke excessive sleepiness. Infections, including meningitis

So lots of things.

A friend of mine has hemochromatosis, some condition where iron accumulates rapidly in her blood, at high levels leading to fatigue/sleeping until she gets blood drawn.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Dang. I completely forgot about narcolepsy. Also anemia.

Depression and brain lesions generally present with a range of other more prominent symptoms, so they're more easily recognizable, it doesn't apply to the situation in this story. It's probably anemia, I guess.

Also, good article, thanks.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is really getting worrying...

joined Jan 14, 2020

Dang. I completely forgot about narcolepsy. Also anemia.

Depression and brain lesions generally present with a range of other more prominent symptoms, so they're more easily recognizable, it doesn't apply to the situation in this story. It's probably anemia, I guess.

Also, good article, thanks.

Anemia seems to cause worse sleep rather than excessive sleep.

And IIRC, Yuna had been showing lots of signs of depression in previous chapters, before the sleeping disorder.

joined Jan 16, 2021

Some cancers can cause sleep. This whole chapter was stress me out. Get Yuna checked !!

To reply you must either login or sign up.