Forum › Clandestine Affair discussion

JazzLafayette
4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

The obvious next step in her training is cucking her husband with his mistress.

joined Oct 22, 2020

I can't get over the gem-like quality the artist imparts on the characters' eyes. It's mesmerizing

joined May 10, 2021

Mmhh, her interaction with Ruby went way better than expected. Seeing such a calm and composed scene about a wife and her husband's mistress sure was refreshing.
Feels like Ruby could be a good friend to our MC, despite the situation.
Anyway, another great damn chapter, the art is still insanely good, the husband still sucks.
Thanks for the translation!

youdontknowwho
Screen%20shot%202023-01-07%20at%2010.57.07%20pm
joined May 21, 2021

Mm, the significance of her introducing herself as Bai Yuetao - she's completely abandoned the Lu name there, yeah? That's her maiden name?

Edit: yes, it's as I thought! Wow, I love that for her :O

Not quite. Chinese women don't change their surname upon marriage. She's simultaneously Bai Yuetao and Mrs. Lu. Just stating her name doesn't imply renouncing her husband's household.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

That will be great if the mistress could get the wife instead

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Thank goodness for the quick thinking on Ruby's part!

Image%20(2)_kindlephoto-298098283
joined Oct 29, 2023

The art is absolutely gorgeous, but might wanna work on the arms. In chapter 1 where she was given a half body drawing after her husband left, the right arm is bothering me so much.

4e0ccd08ac28bd04878419961787e4d3
joined Feb 14, 2024

im sorry but this dude fumbled HARD

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Mm, the significance of her introducing herself as Bai Yuetao - she's completely abandoned the Lu name there, yeah? That's her maiden name?

Edit: yes, it's as I thought! Wow, I love that for her :O

Not quite. Chinese women don't change their surname upon marriage. She's simultaneously Bai Yuetao and Mrs. Lu. Just stating her name doesn't imply renouncing her husband's household.

Ah, beans..... that's quite fascinating, though!

They kinda act like they're planning to elope, ehehe. They're so.... they're so soft...... my heart.....

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

There is a sweet atmosphere developing, but I wonder if there will come a point where Butterfly Dream will no longer accept an arrangement where Yuetao has to sacrifice herself. That's not to say I don't want the possession to happen at all, but it would be kind of sad if that's how it ended

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Her appearance reminds me of Isolde from R1999

joined May 10, 2021

Godi loved this chapter atmosphere and god I love them so much!
Thanks for the TL!

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Why is everyone so pretty that it hurts my eyes. -__-

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Oh, they're being adorable!! Ourgh, they're so sweet.....

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I only now got to read chapter 9. Omg I love this manhua so much!!! <3

I just don't know anymore if I want Yuetao to cuck her scumbag husband with Ruby, with Mrs. Yan or with Butterfly Dream. Maybe with all of them, one at a time? (Or together, I'm not picky...)

Hope you'll keep translating! Thanks for your hard work!

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

My hope is a murder plot, but whenever I hope for a "happy gunjo" development people think I'm crazy or something, no idea why :P just think about how Butterfly Dream could appear in the mirror to scare the husband to fall down a flight of stairs or something! The perfect crime! And they've already seeded the idea of widows being independently wealthy and free.

joined Apr 6, 2019

I just don't know anymore if I want Yuetao to cuck her scumbag husband with Ruby, with Mrs. Yan or with Butterfly Dream. Maybe with all of them, one at a time? (Or together, I'm not picky...)

What about the little girl selling needles and thread? Too young for you?
Lol, kidding. :P

Seriously now, be it Ruby, Mrs. Yan or Butterfly Dream, all seem to have realized something BD states explicitly in the 2nd or 3rd chapter — that is, men can not be relied upon. Yuetao is making quick steps towards the same conclusion — if she isn't already there! Thus it's possible for her to romance some or all of these disillusioned women in the future...
(I say "in the future" because for now BD is the only one she seems to be developing feelings for!)

joined May 10, 2021

Alright, I hope the rivals are gonna burry him 6 feet under.

Sdm%20ladies%20cheering
joined Apr 10, 2023

I am so incredibly bothered by her taking scones out of the oven stacked on top of each other like that, instead of them lined up on a baking sheet. if you actually tried baking them like that they'd fuse together and probably cook weird

1pixel
joined Dec 3, 2010

Poor thing.
Well, she deserves a much much better future.
If one doesn't care about her, then she should walk away from the person.
Though.. will her runaway bring mishap to her family?
He threatened her by cutting off her brother's school fees if she's not following what he says.
If she runs away and goes back to her family, her family might ditch her and say she's a disgrace for what she did..

But, no one seems to care about her, and her future..

C57e189a-cb0f-4ff4-aab4-f866ca57737a
joined Nov 19, 2022

I am so incredibly bothered by her taking scones out of the oven stacked on top of each other like that, instead of them lined up on a baking sheet. if you actually tried baking them like that they'd fuse together and probably cook weird

She could have been just keepin em warm in the oven, not actually bakin em.

Though still that would be questionable

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

BREAKING NEWS! Local Business mollusk, Lu Jinyin, was found dead from an accidental tumble down the stairs. Where he was, apparently crushed by an antique mirror. He also had a scone shoved his rear.

To reply you must either login or sign up.