Forum › How to Break a Triangle discussion

Img_6865
joined Apr 9, 2024

Koto fucked up by not taking into account the indomitable human spirit (aka Aya As A Person) lmaooo
And Erika sweetie babygirl omg move on!!!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Omg omg I love this. I can understand Koto, she's so afraid to lose Aya again so seeing her grow further and further as she becomes more self-sufficient or independent scares her a lot, but I can also understand Aya, and I can also understand ERIKA!! DAMN I LOVE THIS MANGA AND ALL OF ITS CHARACTERS, THIS SHIT IS FANTASTIC

joined May 27, 2021

Another thing to keep in mind for why Koto has struggled to move on from Aya in the past 7 years is that their previous relationship did not end naturally. Aya disappeared completely, without any warning, and there were absolutely no leads as to what could have possibly happened to her. It's understandable how a sudden tragedy of this manner would both be deeply shocking and continue to gnaw at someone into the future, forming Koto's current maladaptive behaviors.

Further, while Koto and Aya's romantic relationship did only begin officially shortly before Aya disappeared, they were still best friends for a considerable amount of time prior.

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 2:03PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

This is your chance, Aya, run away from this mess and don't look back.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Godsdamn Erika stop making me like you so much. Girl, you better find happiness or I'm gonna be mad at you.

And Koto, might want to try to think things through and/or share them with someone ? Not that I don't understand why you feel that way, but what you were asking was wrong, and that's written in giant letter, anyone could have pointed it out. It's fine to have desires that are wrong, but a girl gotta try not to act on them...

Funny how they show themselves as opposites. Erika feels what she desires is wrong, just abandons the topic altogether and tries to move on without it (she does have her life well in hands, except for her love life), hurting herself. Koto either doesn't feel or doesn't care if what she want is wrong, acts anyway, with all the bad consequences and hurt that come out of it.

joined Oct 24, 2023

Strangely enough, l can sympathize with Koto despite she breaking my beloved Aya's heart.
Her action is unacceptable but l find myself not qualified to judge her.

She was mutually in love with the girl who she considered the love of her life. Then lost it out of nowhere. Worst of all, the girl she loved was in a state of uncertainty.
To think there's only two possibilities:
①Aya ran away from home
→ she (Koto) had been thrown away like a trash.
Aya didn't even bother to leave a word.
②Aya got murdered
→ no way in hell she wouldn't come back if she
was ok.

You can't expect a 14 yo girl to be good enough to handle this degree of cruelty.
And ask her to let go of a girl she once loved and thought she lost forever is merciless.
The fear of losing Aya again is driving her crazy, to the point she obviously can't think in her right mind.

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 3:48AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Erika when she does something good while harboring a small feeble thread of self interest in her heart: god im such a monster, literally irredeemable

You understand her so well.
Damn, I want to hug Erika and comfort her so much.

50cbf1fa94f751154ffee73259f4d20e
joined Jun 3, 2023

So glad Aya didn't put up with that

Fjavttcwyaqbvef
joined Feb 3, 2023

I was not expecting an Ides of March reference on my lesbian manga lol lets go ancient Rome nerds

Img_8860
joined Jan 18, 2023

Im glad Aya actually left. This poor kid got time displaced and is trying to work with her situation. While Im not hoping for any romantic development between her and the part time boy i think their relationship will be very interesting and good for her. I think Koto should go to therapy shes got too many red flags she might self destruct.

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

Although this is something that mangas lack, I have to admit because the story never really shows when and why each of the characters fell for each other, I cannot get attached and understand just how they've kept such strong feelings apart for the sake of the story

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Erika when she does something good while harboring a small feeble thread of self interest in her heart: god im such a monster, literally irredeemable

Erika best girl

AutumnWaterXIII
joined May 29, 2022

Oof… that was the last thing aya wanted to hear from you koto

20240617_120826
joined Mar 24, 2015

Erika best girl

Erika best girl

That chapter was juicy. Keep that shit coming!

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

Although this is something that mangas lack, I have to admit because the story never really shows when and why each of the characters fell for each other, I cannot get attached and understand just how they've kept such strong feelings apart for the sake of the story

Emphasis mine. Some comments claim Koto is neurodivergent but I see no evidence of that.
More believable is having no answers from Aya's disappearance left her with a trauma that hampered her ability to form new connections. But seeing as Erika, who does not appear traumatized, went completely celibate in the same timespan while nursing her crush on Koto, I think the author simply hopes the reader will buy-in to the characters' affections remaining unchanged after 7 years for the sake of the story despite it feeling unrealistic.

Also, manga is the plural of manga

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Am I the only one who is in love with possessive Koto?
I would myself lock her in my room and tell her she doesnt go out without my permission.
How about THAT Koto?!

Stella Itzelle
joined Oct 29, 2023

The one who posted this, months ago, sure had the right idea. Congrats: you predicted correctly! Koto is taking her first steps in the psycho road. If she keeps going this way, soon she'll start to stalk Aya, carrying a taser gun and a bag fillled with sturdy rope and duct tape.

I wish they'd have fucked at least once before shit hit the fan. ^^;; Often that's exactly what people like Koto need, when they get all insecure and unstable, to set things right in their heads.

Nq9nh0qj
joined Oct 25, 2023

I wish they'd have fucked at least once before shit hit the fan. ^^;; Often that's exactly what people like Koto need, when they get all insecure and unstable, to set things right in their heads.

Nothing like a little bit of statutory rape to get the mind right as rain! Amirite y'all?

スライム
Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

Nothing like a little bit of statutory rape to get the mind right as rain! Amirite y'all?

Yo yo yo, she's 21 years old.
You don't like it? Nobody cares, yo yo yo.

girlswhokiss
Puppyadachi
joined Apr 5, 2023

That cover art for the extra chapter is really good

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Erika really is just an adult saeki sayaka

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 5:55PM

joined May 29, 2021

I think there’s a reason for that self loathing still. I’m still suspicious that Erika was somehow responsible for Aya disappearing in the first place. Not in like an active way, but I strongly suspect she made a tanbata wish for Aya to disappear…and it worked. She then, possibly, wished her back when she saw Koto couldn’t move on.

joined Apr 10, 2023

So true lol.

I'm so impressed by Aya just walking out. Girlfriend pulls some shit that invalidates everything you've been striving for and caring about? Hit da bricks! Fuck yeah sis, don't put up with that shit from nobody.

joined May 28, 2018

I think there’s a reason for that self loathing still. I’m still suspicious that Erika was somehow responsible for Aya disappearing in the first place. Not in like an active way, but I strongly suspect she made a tanbata wish for Aya to disappear…and it worked. She then, possibly, wished her back when she saw Koto couldn’t move on.

Same here, and if that were true, it'd say quite a lot about Erika. I mean, I'd expect she'd wish Aya back right when she realized these Tanabata work, not only when it's convenient for her.

I get why people love Erika so much, but it's such an ick for me looking at how she thinks of Aya. A lot of horrible things happened to Aya, but all she can think of is Koto. Aya is her rival, but they're still friends, it's not like they're enemy, but Erika has very little concern for her. It's sad Aya thinks of Erika as such a good friend, but for Erika, not that much.

joined Oct 24, 2023

Same here, and if that were true, it'd say quite a lot about Erika. I mean, I'd expect she'd wish Aya back right when she realized these Tanabata work, not only when it's convenient for her.

I get why people love Erika so much, but it's such an ick for me looking at how she thinks of Aya. A lot of horrible things happened to Aya, but all she can think of is Koto. Aya is her rival, but they're still friends, it's not like they're enemy, but Erika has very little concern for her. It's sad Aya thinks of Erika as such a good friend, but for Erika, not that much.

Tbh, l don't care about Erika much. While she does have the kindest spirit out of three (to think l can't treat my love rival that well), she is just not the type of person l like.

However, if it turns out that's the reason why Aya disappeared and reappeared, she would definitely be my most hated character in the history.

To reply you must either login or sign up.