Forum › Liar Satsuki Can See Death discussion

sweetjalapeno15
Ne
joined Nov 21, 2017

is this some kinda sick joke wtf was that

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Another one bites the dust. It was a great manga but like so many, it was very rushed. It's a shame because it places it in the same category of manga that started well but ended a bit disappointingly instead of being remembered for having a very interesting concept and unique storyline. The characters were great and memorable and art was pleasant. The ending is so important and the last thing people remember about something so it needs to be done right...it sucks because it was pretty mid.
Also dat early yuri tag got me shipping :( I was hoping for Satsuki Komachi. On to the next manga to fill my dark and deep void I suppose

last edited at Apr 19, 2024 9:45PM

BlurredExistence
Blurred
joined Jan 31, 2013

Another one bites the dust. It was a great manga but like so many, it was very rushed. It's a shame because it places it in the same category of manga that started well but ended a bit disappointingly instead of being remembered for having a very interesting concept and unique storyline. The characters were great and memorable and art was pleasant. The ending is so important and the last thing people remember about something so it needs to be done right...it sucks because it was pretty mid.
Also dat early yuri tag got me shipping :( I was hoping for Satsuki Komachi. On to the next manga to fill my dark and deep void I suppose

You're so right. I mean just look at Game of Thrones and how much it's bad ending soured people's opinions on the show.

For 7 years it maintained a huge following and positive reception thanks to it's truly phenomenal writing. But now, now all that anyone can talk about is the mess they made out of the end and all the good feeling the show grew over the years is gone in a puff of smoke.

Thumb-128070
joined May 3, 2022

I don't think there's anything I can say that hasn't been said already. The ending felt lukewarm compared to the rest of the series, but I don't think it completely ruined the whole manga. I still like this series because of the way its presented and the plot, and Akari and Satsuki was a ship I mained until now that we finally got background on Komachi, but SatsuKoma isn't bad either. I'm the type to go along with whatever ship that still makes logical sense because I want to see different character interaction and chemistry, so I hope the extra chapters expands upon Satsuki and Komachi's relationship.

Overall, this was still one of my favorite mangas despite the meh ending.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

FUCKING KISS AND MAKE OUT
DOESN'T MATTER IF IT'S HER OR THE OTHER GIRL

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I'm late to see this update and wow did it surprised me to see [END]

Pollomonteros
joined Aug 10, 2014

Akira got done so dirty holy shit, I am not that mad on account that the second to last chapter felt that was heavily hinting at a Yuri ending, but holy shit did they have to do best girl so dirty ?

joined Apr 10, 2023

Thinking back on this series, I do feel like it got worse after a certain point, or at least less appealing to me, and that's around when the student council was introduced as villains. The story shifted from Satsuki vs fate or nature or happenstance, a human fighting ephemeral and unknowledgeable forces, to a human fighting her student council president and his wack self-justifying ideas. He's just far less interesting than Satsuki trying to combat Final Destination. Far lower stakes and far less potential in him. Even other human antagonists would have been better, he's not just a worse antagonist than Death he's a worse antagonist than Miho's yandere kohai. And I kinda got the impression the author also regretted making him the principle antagonist given how things shook out, but they couldn't take it back and having to deal with him painted the last quarter or so of this manga with a feeling of frustration and disconnection. I'd imagine much of what happened had to be figured out with the editor, going back and forth to try to find some path to some satisfying ending, rather than this being the natural artistic conclusion. The final notes are actually decently satisfying, I like Komachi just as much as I like Akira, but our path to it felt like a rough draft forced to stand in as the final draft due to the nature of the medium and serialization.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thinking back on this series, I do feel like it got worse after a certain point, or at least less appealing to me, and that's around when the student council was introduced as villains. The story shifted from Satsuki vs fate or nature or happenstance, a human fighting ephemeral and unknowledgeable forces, to a human fighting her student council president and his wack self-justifying ideas. He's just far less interesting than Satsuki trying to combat Final Destination. Far lower stakes and far less potential in him. Even other human antagonists would have been better, he's not just a worse antagonist than Death he's a worse antagonist than Miho's yandere kohai. And I kinda got the impression the author also regretted making him the principle antagonist given how things shook out, but they couldn't take it back and having to deal with him painted the last quarter or so of this manga with a feeling of frustration and disconnection. I'd imagine much of what happened had to be figured out with the editor, going back and forth to try to find some path to some satisfying ending, rather than this being the natural artistic conclusion. The final notes are actually decently satisfying, I like Komachi just as much as I like Akira, but our path to it felt like a rough draft forced to stand in as the final draft due to the nature of the medium and serialization.

I’d sign on to pretty much all of this—not a terrible series by any means, but one that did seem to lose its way after a fairly strong start.

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Idk if the subtext can get any less . . . . god I love this manga! Thanks for translating it :)

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

What about the relationship between Satsuki and her dad? Did I miss something?

Y9i7untz_400x400
joined Oct 22, 2021

There were two bonus extras posted after the main story, does anyone know if the SL is going to do those?

To reply you must either login or sign up.