Forum › Convenient Semi-Friend discussion

PredatorDuck Uploader
Rin
joined Jun 27, 2018

Manga Time is supposedly a "seinen" magazine, at least according to Wikipedia, but everything I've seen from them before this series has been strictly PG lol

The Manga Time Kirara magazines have (had) some spicier series like Momoiro Montage (Forward) and Koharu Biyori (same magazine as this one) but it's definitely not a significant part of their line-up.

last edited at May 11, 2024 4:47AM

joined Jul 13, 2017

She just goes straight for the tummy ;-)

Untitled264_20240611160607
joined May 22, 2024

This is probably the most detailed (and lewd) 4koma I've ever seen. I also have the same question, how did "weak hips" turn into "back pain" lmao

last edited at Jun 8, 2024 11:42AM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

This is probably the most detailed (and lewd) 4koma I've ever seen. I also have the same question, how did "weak hips" turn into "back pain" lmao

The specific term is 腰, which can mean either lower back, waist, or hips. It's just that some of those terms apply better to certain contexts than others.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

The specific term is 腰, which can mean either lower back, waist, or hips. It's just that some of those terms apply better to certain contexts than others.

And also the word "hip" or ヒップ transliterated from English is used to mean the buttocks sometimes, so that whole area of the body is very difficult (for me anyway) to understand when translating from English to Japanese and vice versa. I'm actually still unsure from the context if the salacious senpai meant that Ruka's butt was her weak spot, or her hips or her waist....?

last edited at Jun 8, 2024 12:00PM

Img_5712
joined Jan 3, 2022

That’s definitely a massage alright

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

oh man it is so sad how whipped she is for her LMAO

Also weak hips can contribute to lower back pain in that your posture can be affected.

last edited at Jun 8, 2024 1:47PM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

And also the word "hip" or ヒップ transliterated from English is used to mean the buttocks sometimes, so that whole area of the body is very difficult (for me anyway) to understand when translating from English to Japanese and vice versa. I'm actually still unsure from the context if the salacious senpai meant that Ruka's butt was her weak spot, or her hips or her waist....?

It's admittedly tricky to get across in English in a way that gets across Suuna's misunderstanding, since "weak lower back" doesn't sound sexy and "hip pain" sounds a bit stilted.

Untitled264_20240611160607
joined May 22, 2024

It's admittedly tricky to get across in English in a way that gets across Suuna's misunderstanding, since "weak lower back" doesn't sound sexy and "hip pain" sounds a bit stilted.

Several medical sites do have a separate article for "hip pain", so they could've gone with that.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

At this rate it might be best for Ruka if Suuna never learns what sex is. Poor girl won't be able to stand up for days if the beast inside Suuna awakens.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

At this rate it might be best for Ruka if Suuna never learns what sex is. Poor girl won't be able to stand up for days if the beast inside Suuna awakens.

Ruka about to get the Stephen Hawking special

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ruka about to get the Stephen Hawking special

Extra appropriate since Suuna is dense as a black hole.

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Also weak hips can contribute to lower back pain in that your posture can be affected.

honestly they're both whipped for each other

it is almost love

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

honestly they're both whipped for each other

it is almost love

Almost love? Title update to "Semi-Lovers" when?

joined Apr 10, 2023

Several medical sites do have a separate article for "hip pain", so they could've gone with that.

Given the back message it's safe to assume Suuna interpreted it as back pain.

last edited at Jun 9, 2024 9:50PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.