Forum › Non-chan and Akari discussion

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Like i saw in one of the comments in mangadex and i have to agree the lack of dialog and onomatopoeia in chapter 29 realy creates both a sad and peacefull vibe. But i realy am not ready for this to end like this...

joined Jul 8, 2019

tragedy

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

28 chapters of comedy and then this...

joined Feb 20, 2023

Like i saw in one of the comments in mangadex and i have to agree the lack of dialog and onomatopoeia in chapter 29 realy creates both a sad and peacefull vibe. But i realy am not ready for this to end like this...

Yeah, this ended up being way more powerful than any dialouge I can think of

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Annnnnd we're back. No worries.

last edited at Apr 3, 2024 5:58PM

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

besties :)

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

When your yandere's obsession brings you back from the brink of death.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Incredible Reversal. The haunted doll being grabbed by the shadowy figure of Akari, keeping her from passing on. Horror and comedy really are separated by a silver lining.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well, that's a relief. I was quite worried about the creepy cursed doll.

joined Jul 8, 2019

tragedy of a different, maybe more terrifying kind than we thought. For the love of God, don't look at page 12!

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I just realized that ch 28/29 released on the same day because there wasn't really anything soggyfrenchfry had to do for chapter 29. Am I stupid?

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

This is actually so sad and we're barely just realizing

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

the last chapter made me have a theory that this is more like toy story where the child brings the toy to life but it depends on how much that child loves the toy which is why akari's bear is alive because as we can see she is extremely obsessive and quickly becomes emotionally attached to literally anything so it makes sense that her not having friends would leave to her pouring all her love into the bear which if this is true that makes the story of non-chan even sadder since the owner truly loved her and the fact in the last couple of panels [currently] if my theory is right that means akari's love for non chan has slowly overpowered the pervious owners meaning non-chan is being killed by akari's love for her since its overpowering her pervious owners but this is just a theory A YURI THEORY thanks for reading

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

erana posted:

tragedy of a different, maybe more terrifying kind than we thought. For the love of God, don't look at page 12!

I know exactly what I'm reading. I fear nothing.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Happy ending?

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Wow wow, what a journey this has been!! I'm happy it didn't end in a sad note, but it's still pretty emotional. In barely 30 short chapters with, I'm guessing, short budget too, this author was able to develop 5 characters all at once, make them grow and craft believable personalities for them. And it's such an original story too, I mean, how many stories are there that focuses on a cursed doll haunting a house and where the real psycho is the girl who moves there?? And where the doll get the chance to move on and create new bonds?? This is so original!! And tbh, I didn't give a single shi about this not being yuri!! A great comedy manga that serves to show how the author could do a lot better with better funding, because the potential is there!!

Thanks translator san for this too!!! You made a great work with this one, thanks for giving us this story!! And highly recommend this work to anyone who's into... haunted dolls centered stories¿? I don't know, just read it!!

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

I can't believe it's completed already, it was really good. I'll miss their crazy antics and Non-chan's follow up reactions :(

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I won't lie I would prefer it ended on ch30. With non-chan moving on with her previous owner who was the source of the whole curse and Akari, through non-chan, finds actual friends.

Bhhut it was still good. A bit more straightforward "Good end". Overall a neat little comedy series. While on the shorter side, I'm glad it didn't overstay its welcome to become worse over time.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I won't lie I would prefer it ended on ch30. With non-chan moving on with her previous owner who was the source of the whole curse and Akari, through non-chan, finds actual friends.

would have been the best ending.
But of course, with Akari around, we WERE bound to have the WTF ending instead.
Anyone actually surprised?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sometimes schoolgirl manga series seem to be pretty much the same, at least in broad outline.

This series . . . was not that.

Fvwhfw_xoaawl_w
joined Feb 16, 2016

It looks like by ch31 Akari's insanity has rubbed off on everyone to some degree. Such beautiful bonds

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

wonderful

Truewarrior
joined Dec 13, 2014

I think if you really want you can take chapter 30 as an ending if you want to. Either way I am satisfied since this was a very well kept series. Many will overstay their welcome and just drag on, but this one is short and sweet.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

In case anyone is looking here wondering if it is REALLY yuri, no it is not.... sigh

joined Apr 10, 2023

In the immortal words of the author of Otherside Picnic: "This too is yuri". The author clearly just trusts your intelligence too much to tell you outright.
(Also because sexuality would probably push Akari well over the line in how bearable her creepiness is due to, y'know, how basically nobody consents to the things she does with them.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.