I CAN'T BELIEVE IS NOT AKEBI https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1020370
Doesn't say yuri but it has vibes

last edited at Feb 28, 2024 5:02PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

It has the vibes and they totally know what they're doing with them

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

They’re so cute! Koujou-san got it right, change the setup!

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Man I love hebimori x mai

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Dang, Hebimori with her hair down is a total babe, I almost didn't recognise her at first :O I like how the play is turning into a giant yuri fanfic at this point and people are just going with it XD

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can see why they wanted that confession exchange on video.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

It feels like we’re going all in on the romance now!

Also I don’t think we’re going to see them get into it, but there’s a debate to be had about the line between cinema verite and exploiting people’s real, private feelings

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Kujou really wanted to just pair up four girls lets be so fr

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Damn...the art has damn many similarities

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I like how the play is turning into a giant yuri fanfic at this point

More like documentary.

joined Apr 10, 2023

It's funny that there's multiple comments like "you can tell this manga is for MEN because the FAN SERVICE". Not entirely sure what here counts as fan service other than her acting over the top cute, lol. Is it just that she's generally attractive? Cuz shoujo and josei manga is full of sexy women, women love women actually. This could 100% be a josei manga completely unchanged.

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Hebimori and Mai being adorable as heck? Yes please!

I'm so proud of those two. And I know a friend who likes Mai and would love to see this development.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Whole family outing!! Nice! I love how supportive her family is. And Komichi really takes after her mother.

It was cute how earnest she was in picking out the stationary and how excited she was getting in writing her letter to Erika.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Absolutely adorable, beautiful, stunning. ^_^

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

I would like to thank the beautiful bastard who told me to give this a shot. Even though i'm tired of Slice of school life this one is totally a cut waaaaaay above the rest. Komichi is probably one of the best characters I've seen when it comes to personality, her family is wonderful and the art is amazing. I mean, the author really loves to flex their perfect control and freedom of anatomy (and drawing butts). The convoluted poses are insane. The story is nice, the characters are interesting and, of course.... There is the very real possibility of this being true REAL yuri. Shipping Komichi and Erika like crazy.

However, i have, as I believe many of you have it as well, that nagging thought on the back of my head, that annoying anxious feeling in the pit of my belly, that calls the attention to the (unlikely) chance of this ending up as the so dreaded ultimate subtext and the story finishes displaying Komichi and Erika's relationship as nothing but platonic and ends with both of them older with their respective boyfriends/husbands and remain good friends "as they always were".... Just that... Really, really good..... "friends". Man, if this happens (as it happened before with other works as you all know), it'll be a gut punch by a prime gloveless Mike Tyson.

I know the story is proving this possibility wrong with every passing chapter, but still... I'm sure we all had past experiences of this happening before. Anyway... Great story, great art, great characters. As someone who is not into School life as much nowadays, this is a breath of fresh air into the genre for me. Glad i binged this.

last edited at Mar 20, 2024 4:53PM

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

I would like to thank the beautiful bastard who told me to give this a shot. Even though i'm tired of Slice of school life this one is totally a cut waaaaaay above the rest. Komichi is probably one of the best characters I've seen when it comes to personality, her family is wonderful and the art is amazing. I mean, the author really loves to flex their perfect control and freedom of anatomy (and drawing butts). The convoluted poses are insane. The story is nice, the characters are interesting and, of course.... There is the very real possibility of this being true REAL yuri. Shipping Komichi and Erika like crazy.

However, i have, as I believe many of you have it as well, that nagging thought on the back of my head, that annoying anxious feeling in the pit of my belly, that calls the attention to the (unlikely) chance of this ending up as the so dreaded ultimate subtext and the story finishes displaying Komichi and Erika's relationship as nothing but platonic and ends with both of them older with their respective boyfriends/husbands and remain good friends "as they always were".... Just that... Really, really good..... "friends". Man, if this happens (as it happened before with other works as you all know), it'll be a gut punch by a prime gloveless Mike Tyson.

I know the story is proving this possibility wrong with every passing chapter, but still... I'm sure we all had past experiences of this happening before. Anyway... Great story, great art, great characters. As someone who is not into School life as much nowadays, this is a breath of fresh air into the genre for me. Glad i binged this.

Welcome aboard! Glad to have you with us. (insert a smiling face here)

Yeah, trust me, you're going to love Akebi (if you haven't already caught up to the latest chapter). There's a lot of positivity, wholesomeness, heartwarming, and rather relatability and gayness up ahead, and we still have a long way to go too.

I don't see Hiro backing down on making Komichi and Erika a reality if you ask me. There's many yuri moments that occur throughout that none of the girls objects against or is subverted, at least from what I've understood thus so far. Komichi's family is supportive of her too, and they already enjoyed having Erika with them too. Plus, Komichi speaks with her heart. You'll see.

That said, it's pretty understandable why you're worried it'll turn into yuribait. The stories I've heard and things I've seen from friends who are huge yuri fans...yeah...I'm not even sure how I can convince them that Akebi will be different besides just telling them to get to Chapter 71 as soon as possible. On that note, if you haven't already, get to Chapter 71 and thank me later. >_<

AlchemyGuardian
Sackboypal478!
joined Sep 11, 2022

Awww, Komichi and her family are all out together this chapter!

So it's time for Komichi to figure out who she is. May she find a positive answer! Then again, it's Komichi, of course she will. Her family is just as supportive of her at that. ^_^

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

God,that mom of hers is still killing it

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

You're not quite talking about subtext there anymore.

Subtext would be something like you knowing Erika and Akebi are dating or will end up dating based on all context that is provided, but it's not directly shown. It would not really be "up to interpretation" U-turns and general silliness like say, Tropical Fish Yearns For Snow.

You're talking about unattainable, unrealized or unrequited love ala Class S or "I missed my chance" thing, or far worse, intentional bait or writer not being able to write what they at least claim intended to do.

For me, Akebi's Sailor Uniform just seems so direct and honest in a way few manga or any other piece of fiction manage to be. It would be tremendously hard to write a bait ending for it, if author keeps opening up their characters feelings and everyday life like this. It's the kind of writing that tends to stay on course, where ever it is heading. I doubt you could experience feeling like "there is no way it would not work out like this" after it is finished, even if the ending wasn't what you'd hope for.

Maybe these are my own famous last words. ^_^

last edited at Mar 21, 2024 12:28AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You're not quite talking about subtext there anymore.

Subtext would be something like you knowing Erika and Akebi are dating or will end up dating based on all context that is provided, but it's not directly shown. It would not really be "up to interpretation" U-turns and general silliness like say, Tropical Fish Yearns For Snow.

You're talking about unattainable, unrealized or unrequited love ala Class S or "I missed my chance" thing, or far worse, intentional bait or writer not being able to write what they at least claim intended to do.

For me, Akebi's Sailor Uniform just seems so direct and honest in a way few manga or any other piece of fiction manage to be. It would be tremendously hard to write a bait ending for it, if author keeps opening up their characters feelings and everyday life like this. It's the kind of writing that tends to stay on course, where ever it is heading. I doubt you could experience feeling like "there is no way it would not work out like this" after it is finished, even if the ending wasn't what you'd hope for.

Maybe these are my own famous last words. ^_^

I basically agree with you, or more like I totally agree with you—this series really seems like it knows where it’s going, which is where it’s signaling it’s going.

And that certainly is in stark contrast to A Tropical Fish Yearns for Snow, which kept passing up so many obvious chances to be explicit about the girls’ romance that a “ha-ha—just friends” ending became almost inevitable.

HOWEVER, this just to say that “they can’t possibly fuck this up” are among the famous-est famous last words ever. So there’s that.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This author certainly doesn't shy away from feelings and pretty deep stuff, so it feels inevitable that we're going to get a moment with these two where they talk about what the play actually meant/made them feel. Komichi and Erika are still quite young, so I could see an exchange of promises or something along that line, with a flash forward to them being together as adults.That would be really sweet IMO and in keeping with the tone of the manga. Here's hoping !

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

I am getting a bit frustrated about how the author keeps interrupting the main story with nothing chapters like the latest one. I mean, I admit Komichi's parents are way cool (especially her mom), and that her little sister is absolutely precious, but I'd rather have the focus on Komichi's school life, and especially her relationship with Erika.

joined May 3, 2014

sooo, after reading comments, even at this chapter 74 there is 0 yuri, and only subtext, i got to say, some people are coping really hard! but don’t worry! i will give you the award for foreshadowing the hetero ending and ask you how it feels to be punched by Gloveless Mike Tyson!

Or the author is gonna be more gently and only have Mike Tyson punch you with a gloved punch because it will end without the hetero ending but still subtext XD

OR the author will have the ugly yuri ending while everything up until that point is PURE SUBTEXT! so that will suck ass really bad too! is like watching just friendship turn 180 degree to romance in just the last chapter or something…… Definitely never happen before right guys? T^T

SOOO i will Definitely will only read this manga once it’s over, so that i know if I avoided being punched by Mike Tyson! gloveless or not!

last edited at Mar 21, 2024 12:56PM

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

God, both of her parents are so hot.

joined Apr 16, 2022

Sometimes, I really want to know how people distinguish "subtext" from "yuri." Komichi all but confessed to Erika in a previous chapter, and they've had multiple scenes together clearly framed as romantic. If one of them were a boy, literally everyone would assume they'd end up together. I understand why years ago, when explicit lesbian context was incredibly rare, people were desperate for obviously romantic gay love to be depicted on-page. But we're far past that era now. There are literally dozens, if not hundreds, of ongoing yuri manga where the romantic feelings are front and center. I think it's fine to have a manga like this too where the characters are still trying to figure out exactly how they feel about each other, even if it's obvious to the audience what their feelings are.

To reply you must either login or sign up.