Forum › The Other Side of a Blank Page discussion

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Pretty much plain and empty

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

The friend and her seem like a better match...

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I initially thought the friend was the other side in a triangle, but after the end, I am not so sure.

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

i dont really get it, tbh

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I initially thought the friend was the other side in a triangle, but after the end, I am not so sure.

Yeah I'm not sure either, they just seem close...and if she wants romance...well maybe it's possible? haha

joined May 3, 2014

Yeah I'm not sure either, they just seem close...and if she wants romance...well maybe it's possible? haha

yeah not there is no romance in this one, just a one sides broken hearted person

joined May 3, 2014

it’s quite simple! just another women falling for a straight women and she gets married

joined May 3, 2014

Pretty much plain and empty

it did make me feel empty at the end >.>

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Until that last text bubble, I thought they were good friends. (This being a romance) they could be roommates traveling. The platonic friendship was so pure and supportive, whether or not the bestie is starting to signal interest.

For being a story of bitter failure, I found this sweet and heartwarming. The focal relationship is the bedrock trust and not the romantic gamble.

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 10:26PM

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

It wasn't bad. It had a bittersweet "that's life" kind of vibe, but there's a hopefulness to that kind of feeling too because life continues on and there're more adventures to be had. Young loves like that rarely amount to much, but she'll find the feeling again with someone else, maybe even the original friend.

__amaori_renako_and_ouzuka_mai_watashi_ga_koibito_ni_nareru_wake_naijan_murimuri_drawn_by_monsieur__d7bc0a80fd23f14c58ed2720509220b2
joined Oct 15, 2021

hol up i recognize this style nice too see again

Thumbnail_0f974c4024acb1498ed2be1bfb41d2cc3a513746
joined Jul 21, 2013

This manga puts Our Wonderful Days in perspective as I think the author only likes ephemeral yuri, darn!

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

It wasn't bad. It had a bittersweet "that's life" kind of vibe, but there's a hopefulness to that kind of feeling too because life continues on and there're more adventures to be had. Young loves like that rarely amount to much, but she'll find the feeling again with someone else, maybe even the original friend.

Agreed with everything said here. It's an incredibly good story of that sort of youthful melancholy. Getting caught up in something and then failing to have it work out, and then realizing life goes on and it's not the end of the world that you failed to do whatever it is. The ambiguous ending that left it all very open ended was really fitting

joined Apr 15, 2013

Do you want to dress up and travel together?

Undertale%20deltarune%20fukufire%20skateboard%20gay
joined Aug 4, 2021

that second to last page really resonated with me

joined May 9, 2017

Agreed with everything said here. It's an incredibly good story of that sort of youthful melancholy. Getting caught up in something and then failing to have it work out, and then realizing life goes on and it's not the end of the world that you failed to do whatever it is. The ambiguous ending that left it all very open ended was really fitting

Indeed. Just a slice of life of a teenage trying to figuring out her life. I also really like the background art. It's pretty rare to have good background in that kind of manga, but it's much appreciated and contribute to the overall feeling of this one shot.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

IMO it is a story about how extrinsic motivation is fickle and will not get you anywhere in life. Shou has fallen for Shimizu and began studying like crazy, implicitly expecting a reward when she got into the K University -- namely being together with Shimizu, eventually. However, because her motivation was tied to another person's behavior (with whom she has never even properly communicated), it evaporated the moment that person was out of reach, leaving Shou without a direction in life again. Contrast that with Saya, who knew what she wanted all along, has intrinsically motivated herself, and has been gradually working towards it, achieving one thing (university admission) and slowly coming up on the other (getting together with her dense childhood friend).

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 3:36AM

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

Indeed. Just a slice of life of a teenage trying to figuring out her life. I also really like the background art. It's pretty rare to have good background in that kind of manga, but it's much appreciated and contribute to the overall feeling of this one shot.

You should check out this author's manga if you liked the background art

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

Umm...that was mildly soul crushing.
Thank you, I guess?

joined Jan 10, 2017

Can you even tag it "age gap" or "yuri" if their entire relationship consisted of a single blush while they were in two different cities?

joined Oct 12, 2021

Very nice little story, somewhat heart-warming even. I love how it doesn't agonise over those kind of sad melancholic tunes; it doesn't make it all overly dramatic and angsty. Yeah, she had a crush that gave her motivation to work hard and do something about her life, and yes, it was one-sided and all that effort went nowhere, but life goes on, and she seems to be taking it all quite well. She has a good friend, a family that seemingly doesn't pressure her about not doing the absolute best she can, finding a proper job, moving out and all that, and she doesn't look dissatisfied with the way things are going. It's just life; things come and go, so why linger on it too much?

last edited at Feb 24, 2024 5:37AM

joined Mar 25, 2021

Poor girl, but well, she still has the friend, maybe it's a new beginning for them.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Bittersweet, but I liked it. I hope her and the childhood friend get together someday.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Moral of the story: Don't go around kissing high school girls in the library unless you plan to date them. But like even then. Maybe just don't go around kissing high school girls.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

One side broken hearth, bah

To reply you must either login or sign up.