Forum › Hime-chan Is a Needy Woman discussion

joined Apr 10, 2023

Damn, I'm a bit baffled that people are so prone to advise medications. While they do have a utility and are definitely life savior for some people, medications shouldn't be considered lightly. They can have a lot of heavy side effects, can be additive, and are poison for the brain medium to long term...

Well of course medicines shouldn't be considered lightly, but that's the whole reason we have doctors and psychiatrists lol. You know what else has heavy side effects, is addictive, and poisonous to the brain? Anxiety. Long term stress is terrible for your health. There's a risk to everything, including a risk to inaction, but stressing the potentially bad outcomes of treating an anxiety disorder in particular is putting way too much weight on one end of the scale given how anxious thinking works. If Hime needs something to take the edge off she should get it and feel no shame, lol. We can only hope she turns to a doctor instead of a liquor store if she reaches that point.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

The little details in this are really nice so far, I really like the stylized contents page and her phone being broken as a detail. Also Yoru's excuse for not responding is immediately sus, my headcanon right now is she's the type who gets off on worrying her partner and so she will actively neglect her to get a rise.

I agree with the conclusion but not the antecedent.

As they aren't living together or anything, a mere 28 hours of silence is perfectly acceptable and must not mean you're avoiding your partner. But really, a cold? From my experience, bed-ridden people use their phone more, not less.

You gotta remember, this would not have been a real-person cold. Presumably it was the dreaded manga cold, involving high fever and inability to stay awake for more than a few minutes at at time, not to mention drastic reductions in self-control and memory loss. And generally no congestion, cough or sneezing . . . why does this get translated as "cold" again? :D

joined May 24, 2019

I don't think her case is aggravated enough so she should take medications.

Feeling like dying is where I draw the line.

As someone with a lot of experience working with anxiety patients, I can tell you this: not all of them need medication. It's important to determine whether the source of the anxiety is inside or outside. A lot of patients feel anxious and stressed because life is hard, bad things happened to them and they're under big pressure. This type of patients usually don't need medication. They need a vacay. They need to relax, meet people and have fun.

Other patients have good lives, many friends, a steady love partner, no health or money problems at all, and yet they can't enjoy anything. They should be happy, but they are wrecked with anxiety and stress all day long. This is the bad anxiety, the one that comes from inside, from the brain, from an anxiety disorder. This is where anxiolytics are needed.

From what I've seen of Hime-chan, her stress comes entirely from the inside. And if it's bad enough to make her feel like dying... yeah. A spot of medication might be in order.

joined Jun 8, 2020

she´s worst than a yandere omg.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

I love the comment section, I gotta side with the person who says she can be gone for weeks or months, needly people are my nemesis, lol, I am quite in my head or just, existing, I am known to be missing in action for lengthy periods of time, I don't think a partner needs a special treatment that my friends won't get, I mean, making someone feel anxious on purpose? no. Being responsible for someone who is already prone to anxiety..hell no. I just tell new people beforehand that I'm like that.

Where my avoidant people at? xD
or maybe it's the autism
I dunno, I just don't like people keeping a close eye on me.

joined Feb 24, 2023

I don't think a partner needs a special treatment that my friends won't get

Then they shouldn’t be your partner nor should you invest anytime pursuing a serious relationship, simple as that

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 4:13PM

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Then they shouldn’t be your partner nor should you invest anytime pursuing a serious relationship, simple as that

Well, some people like to use the same level for every person they have a bond with, you can do otherwise, I can do as I want, no one gets special treatment!

Kurumi
joined Feb 19, 2023

Well, some people like to use the same level for every person they have a bond with, you can do otherwise, I can do as I want, no one gets special treatment!

I think it'd be very strange to treat a romantic partner the exact same way you'd treat a friend.

last edited at Feb 23, 2024 6:33PM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I think it'd be very strange to treat a romantic partner the exact same way you'd treat a friend.

Yeah. I mean, in what sense and for what reason are you calling them something different if they're not?

Edited to add: Just to be clear, I have no objection to someone doing things this way, there's clearly no ethical problem or anything. I just find it SEMANTICALLY strange.

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 2:29AM

Img_5033%204
joined Jan 18, 2021

Mercy, can I identify with this!?!?!?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. On the looking at each other's phone question I guess I'm a bit of an outlier.
My wife lets me look at her phone because she has nothing to hide, doesn't do social media, and anyway whenever she needs to do something different with it or fix something or figure out if some message is phishing, I'm her tech support.
I also don't do social media and have nothing terribly important to hide, but I can't let my wife see my phone because I don't have a phone.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, I'm pretty casual about my phone too. But obviously, if somebody did it without permission and my knowledge that'd still be an inacceptable betrayal of trust. Which ultimately is what that is about; not some embarrassing stuff ^^;

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

These two dorks. I love them. Hajime is my favorite character.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yup, yup, that old adage that overreach is fine and dandy as long as you are the one doing it, rather than the one it's done to. :-)

Well. On the looking at each other's phone question I guess I'm a bit of an outlier.
My wife lets me look at her phone because she has nothing to hide, doesn't do social media, and anyway whenever she needs to do something different with it or fix something or figure out if some message is phishing, I'm her tech support.
I also don't do social media and have nothing terribly important to hide, but I can't let my wife see my phone because I don't have a phone.

That twist ending, tho. O__o On a related note, how far along is that book of yours, man?

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 8:29AM

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

These two dorks. I love them. Hajime is my favorite character.

The betrayed face he made on page 26 melted me, hang in there Hajime you gay disaster©.

GodsStrongestYuriFan
joined Feb 24, 2024

I used to be like Himeno and get nervous when I didn’t get a quick response, and I probably still am. But now that I don’t really have many people to text, I don’t really care about responding

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Yup, yup, that old adage that overreach is fine and dandy as long as you are the one doing it, rather than the one it's done to. :-)

That twist ending, tho. O__o On a related note, how far along is that book of yours, man?

It's finished. So far not much luck publishing it though.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

It's finished. So far not much luck publishing it though.

Fingers crossed over here, then. :-)

joined Apr 16, 2022

You see toxic romance all the time, but you rarely see toxic friendship. I love both these morons they are the absolute worst

joined Aug 1, 2022

I love the toxic lesbian and gay man friendship/solidarity. They're messed up but at least a little aware. Confiding in each other what othera wouldn't get. I really like it, especially as someone with anxiety who worries about saying the wrong thing or being needy all the time!

My%20project%20(4)
joined Jan 15, 2020

I don't want anyone looking through my phone because of all the embarrassing (and graphic) fanfictions I have open at any time....

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Norwegian krone ToT

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Does she pick up any radio or TV channels?

joined Aug 13, 2021

Butchess when their femme doesn't feel pretty

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I always feel terrible when fictional characters say "I tried my best, but..." earnestly. It's just too relatable.

Norwegian krone ToT

Thanks for pointing that out, I've missed the small print and the subsequent big laugh. XD

To reply you must either login or sign up.