Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I can't believe 4 years passed since this started. It was a good ride, last chapter got me teary eyed.

joined Jul 26, 2016

ignore me someones just cutting onions

joined Oct 27, 2018

Not gonna lie. I don't think it stuck the landing. Also, every single time a yuri has a little flashback to show why one character likes another the reason ends up being really dumb. She liked Shizuku because she reached for something off a shelf and then insulted her? What? Also it relies on way too many coincidences.

ManuTheBloodedge
joined Oct 20, 2022

At the end, I still hate that Ruri got actually traumatized by being shoved over in primary school. Most kids have at least a brawl around that time, along with bullying.

Also, I found it very funny that Seri's tough love with Shizuku in the last chapter helped Shizuku a great deal in the end, when her coddling of Ruri is very likely a big reason Ruri is still stuck in the past.

Jesus
joined Sep 3, 2022

In real life, the mother would throw out of the house the ponytail girl by her hair for behaving like that.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

My only problem with this is that there isn't more epilogue stuff.

Don't worry, the epilogue will probably have more epilogue stuff. Have faith!

Thanks so much to the scanlators for doing this and keeping the project alive across both groups! Such a great series

I love it when an epilogue does epilogue. Jokes aside, I'd loved to see a grown-up Shizuku as an illustration of how she's going on whilst keeping the memory of Kaori alive. This was a thoroughly beautiful series and I'm absolutely planning to reread it once I'm mentally recovered enough to face the sadness once more.

I hope for the same. The ending was beautiful. We see how they felt in the end, and nothing is left unsaid. But since we see Shizuku taking the first step in her new life, it would be good to have a few pages showing her living happily.

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I think that this manga got better as it went, and the ending was pretty much perfect. It grew on me as time went on. And yes I cried lol.

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

Pain

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

What a great ending. Also wow I can't believe it's been four years.

Edit: oh right, I guess the reason it feels like time just vanished was because we all lost two years to the pandemic. I sort of blocked out 2020 and most of 2021.

last edited at Jan 28, 2024 8:54PM

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Well I cried throughout the entire last chapter. That was beautiful.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Not gonna lie. I don't think it stuck the landing. Also, every single time a yuri has a little flashback to show why one character likes another the reason ends up being really dumb. She liked Shizuku because she reached for something off a shelf and then insulted her? What? Also it relies on way too many coincidences.

I don't think Kaori liking Shizuku after that meeting was dumb or unrealistic. People have fallen in love for less lol

joined Dec 12, 2023

I don't think Kaori liking Shizuku after that meeting was dumb or unrealistic. People have fallen in love for less lol

real! this is probably just me reading a bit much into it, but that moment could be seen as kaori seeing shizuku as a really honest person (the chair comment is definitely true, it would have been useful, so it's likely she was also being genuine when complimenting kaori's appearance without her glasses on). plus, shizuku was already a popular kid, and getting a compliment from one even if it's preceded by a kind of rude comment moments earlier can be a high someone will ride on for a while, especially in elementary school. just my take on this though!!

joined Oct 27, 2018

real! this is probably just me reading a bit much into it, but that moment could be seen as kaori seeing shizuku as a really honest person (the chair comment is definitely true, it would have been useful, so it's likely she was also being genuine when complimenting kaori's appearance without her glasses on). plus, shizuku was already a popular kid, and getting a compliment from one even if it's preceded by a kind of rude comment moments earlier can be a high someone will ride on for a while, especially in elementary school. just my take on this though!!

"You look better without your glasses" isn't a compliment though. It's a rude comment that people who wear glasses have to put up with all the time. Like, I know it's in character for young Shizuku to say that. It's just a dumb reason for Kaori to fall for her. Chapter would have worked better without that scene, it added nothing. Readers don't actually need some secret childhood reason why the protagonists love eachother. I don't at least.

joined Mar 15, 2015

At the end, I still hate that Ruri got actually traumatized by being shoved over in primary school. Most kids have at least a brawl around that time, along with bullying.

Also, I found it very funny that Seri's tough love with Shizuku in the last chapter helped Shizuku a great deal in the end, when her coddling of Ruri is very likely a big reason Ruri is still stuck in the past.

One could argue that it's a bit over-the-top, but it's the incident the two of them remember most- for Ruri, it was the first time Shizuku laid a hand on her, and for Shizuku, it was when she was confronted with the reality that she was bullying Ruri..

It also effectively sums up Shizuku's treatment of Ruri- if you look closely, Shizuku appeared to just give Ruri a light slap on the back, only for her to actually fall over, and Shizuku's expression was clearly surprised, horrified and/or guilty as that happened (even if she brushed it off when Seri confronted her).

That's an interesting take on Seri. She was also the first person who explicitly called Shizuku's treatment of Ruri bullying, hence Shizuku's shock; even the people who complained about Shizuku blaming Ruri for their loss in the volleyball game didn't use that word. One could also use that reasoning to conclude that while Seri was right that meeting Shizuku again was painful in the short term, in the long term, it actually helped her see how much Shizuku had changed and get her to take steps to change herself..

joined Nov 25, 2017

bittersweet buuut that's how life is, and people either live on/stay stuck in place becoming someone they hate/etc..., it's sad but I love the ending. This is beautifully written! I'll read it again✧⁠*⁠。⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

joined Oct 27, 2018

One could argue that it's a bit over-the-top, but it's the incident the two of them remember most- for Ruri, it was the first time Shizuku laid a hand on her, and for Shizuku, it was when she was confronted with the reality that she was bullying Ruri..

It also effectively sums up Shizuku's treatment of Ruri- if you look closely, Shizuku appeared to just give Ruri a light slap on the back, only for her to actually fall over, and Shizuku's expression was clearly surprised, horrified and/or guilty as that happened (even if she brushed it off when Seri confronted her).

That's an interesting take on Seri. She was also the first person who explicitly called Shizuku's treatment of Ruri bullying, hence Shizuku's shock; even the people who complained about Shizuku blaming Ruri for their loss in the volleyball game didn't use that word. One could also use that reasoning to conclude that while Seri was right that meeting Shizuku again was painful in the short term, in the long term, it actually helped her see how much Shizuku had changed and get her to take steps to change herself..

I personally think the decision to make it unintentional bullying weakens the plot. It makes everything feel like an over exaggeration. I would have preferred it if her bullying was a bit more intentional. Maybe not like super intense, but if she had been confronted with how she was affecting Ruri but kept up her treatment anyway "for her own good", it would have been more effective for me.

joined Oct 2, 2021

Sayonara Kaori and thanks for all the moisture.

( Gushing like a fire hydrant ༼⁠;⁠´⁠༎ຶ⁠ ⁠۝ ⁠༎ຶ⁠༽ )

last edited at Jan 29, 2024 1:23AM

Primary%20avatar
joined May 15, 2021

I would've liked to see Shizuku repost her story. Possibly with an afterword that explains a little bit of the context behind... everything.

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Best "epilogue".

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I was on the title screen of Trails in the Sky FC with that slightly melancholic music playing while reading this and almost cried lmao

joined Dec 17, 2021

I feel that the ending tried to do too much with too little room. Like it tried to jerk a few extra tears while trying to make our girl move her ass forward quickly and at the same time make an awkward attempt at adding something hopeful.

Regardless of my feelings towards this last chapter/epilogue, it's a great depresso story.

For me, the one thing that bothered me is how much importance was given to Shizuku grabbing that book for Kaori. I think the revelation that Shizuku's novel helped Kaori when she was at a very bad place emotionally was enough.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

This killed me. What a wonderful read. I made my sorta tough friend read this and he crumbled no different to like how many of us did TT

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I'd like to see this one being made into anime.

To reply you must either login or sign up.