Forum › Alcohol and Ogre-girls discussion

joined Mar 18, 2023

the tone of this manga is truly all over the place.

joined Aug 21, 2017

The face of the orgasming monster is funny as heck. Thanks for the Christmas present.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I think Naori should be allowed to kiss all of the ogres as a treat

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

It's pretty consistent. It's shit is scary and monstrous until it's not because Naori is so sweet and caring that she disarms all her foes by being herself

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 12:08PM

joined Jun 6, 2020

also its funny how it's the classic love triangle with the sweet bean heroic protag girl and the cool, aloof, can't think about love soldier type

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

I think Naori should be allowed to kiss all of the ogres as a treat

except the older brother. all he gets is a cement mixer shot for being a lil cunt :D

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Never would have expected them to defeat the monster by giving it an Orgasm, but this series continues to surprise me.

It was surprising, but it also fits well with the kind of word play that you often find in myths and folk tales. I quite liked it.

I'm less fond of how an attack that was implied to be a rape attempt (or analogous to one) was just sort of brushed off, without anger, fear, or any kind of negative consequence. I'm not sure if the story is downplaying the seriousness of what happened, because acknowledging it wouldn't fit the tone, or if it's supposed to imply something about how Naori thinks about herself. It honestly feels like a bit of both and while the latter could lead the story to some interesting places, if it's explored appropriately, the former would be disappointing.

joined Mar 18, 2023

It's pretty consistent. It's shit is scary and monstrous until it's not because Naori is so sweet and caring that she disarms all her foes by being herself

which just means, that its consistently all over the place.

joined Jul 8, 2019

I'm less fond of how an attack that was implied to be a rape attempt (or analogous to one) was just sort of brushed off, without anger, fear, or any kind of negative consequence. I'm not sure if the story is downplaying the seriousness of what happened

You had Mikage literally going "to blazes with the plan", drawing and trying to hack the monster into little pieces for what it did, all while telling how what it had done WAS violence of the worst kind, of the kind that justifies use of deadly force to prevent it from happening - which is depicted as she acting heroically (as in, is what she should do) and not as she overreacting - yet you call it "downplaying" it, "without negative consequences"? Think again,my dear.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

also its funny how it's the classic love triangle with the sweet bean heroic protag girl and the cool, aloof, can't think about love soldier type

No triangles here, just a very intoxicated Oni.

You had Mikage literally going "to blazes with the plan", drawing and trying to hack the monster into little pieces for what it did, all while telling how what it had done WAS violence of the worst kind, of the kind that justifies use of deadly force to prevent it from happening - which is depicted as she acting heroically (as in, is what she should do) and not as she overreacting - yet you call it "downplaying" it, "without negative consequences"? Think again,my dear.

Agreed. Only Naori downplayed it and Mikage clearly reprimanded her for taking it so lightly. It focuses on her whole negative thought process and does so by using serious rectangular thought bubbles surrounded by a dark, swirling screen. Then it has her final thought bubble bled into by that dark background, and has Mikage immediately reject that final thought. It's a very clear rejection in my opinion. Mikage's "this is obviously violence too, and you should recognize that" quote is just the cherry on top. Underated is her "this katana is still pure" quote. Says a lot about how that whole thing should be viewed.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 2:10PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

To add, Mikage's reaction is juxtaposed with how Naori was choosing to "endure" it and the fear that she felt that it would set off the monster if she would do anything. This is often the feeling/mind state some victims are in (especially if the offender is a family member) which makes it hard for them to move.

In the fight, flight, freeze, and fawn response, this is the freeze response that gets stuck in the body and it stays there for years. But because of Mikage's actions, Naori won't get that freeze trauma stuck in her body at least.

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 4:06PM

joined Jan 24, 2022

Some of your orgasm splashed onto me.....

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

well that got real heavy here at the end of ch.29. good thing ch.30 brought it right back up with some quality gay

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Aju tried poking fun at Naori & Hinata but Naori genuinely seems not to care and Hinata had couple's glasses on her mind. She never wastes any chance to reaffirm her relationship with Naori, even if that means showing off to a random cashier lol. "Boyfriend," she says? Funny.

We also noticed you gazing into Hinata's eyes, Naori. New guy also seems to be sitting in front of an Aju poster?

I'm still a bit worried about Mikage's intentions. What she said last chapter doesn't give me a lot of confidence. And as the authors said, I'm looking forward to more Naori and Hinata adventures!

last edited at Dec 25, 2023 6:22PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Never would have expected them to defeat the monster by giving it an Orgasm, but this series continues to surprise me.

It was surprising, but it also fits well with the kind of word play that you often find in myths and folk tales. I quite liked it.

I'm less fond of how an attack that was implied to be a rape attempt (or analogous to one) was just sort of brushed off, without anger, fear, or any kind of negative consequence. I'm not sure if the story is downplaying the seriousness of what happened, because acknowledging it wouldn't fit the tone, or if it's supposed to imply something about how Naori thinks about herself. It honestly feels like a bit of both and while the latter could lead the story to some interesting places, if it's explored appropriately, the former would be disappointing.

Only Naori was downplaying it because she's shown to be insanely self sacrificing to a fault.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

The older brother and the generational trauma give me some nice Fruits Basket vibes

joined Aug 21, 2017

The pair glasses are cute as heck

joined Jun 6, 2020

Well shit got crazy sexual in a hurry. Wasn't expecting the bdsm power play thing after the orgasm thing.

but then the cute and Hinata just being the best girlfriend ever

joined Sep 19, 2015

This manga has really come into its own this volume. Both the art and the writing have visibly improved - well, maybe less in terms of quality, that was always great, but in terms of the weight behind it. They figured out a lot of things they want to say, and how to say it. Tone is all over the place, but not in a disorienting way - just gently emulating the meandering way that life presents things to us.

Best xmas present ever, thank you, scanlators. Hope you guys get some rest after that flurry.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Hinata's reaffirming her dominance as the main wife ^♡^

Thank for the Christmas gift!

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

I kind of liked that interaction between the good ol' doctor and her nurse. And while the plot is nice, I hope the author won't try to build up the anticipation too high and then under-deliver. There's always a lot of spooky finger wiggling "behind the scenes"

Also, I think this whole "we're both girls" interaction could be slashed to the clerk moment where Hinata is asked about a boyfriend and just grabs Naori by her arm. Same with the glasses thing, it was enough to just show the different shapes and how they fit together. No need to give me a speech about it. Less is more with certain subjects.

joined May 10, 2021

Man that chapter was super sweet, until the end.
I'm hyped for the next volume.
Thanks a lot for the many recent chapters!

joined Jul 8, 2019

Hinata's reaffirming her dominance as the main wife ^♡^

She needs to T-pose now

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Hinata's nice and all,,,, But MIKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's so HOT when she's slicing monsters to giblets! Naori got princess-carried too! If Naori's set on Hinata, just make MikAge the second wife. And Aju can be there too, I guess.

Naori really needs to value herself more. Her willingness to sacrifice herself irked Mikage, and the Doctor caught it too, She's really smart and capable, if only she could see it. Naori is going to have an army of cute (thirsty) ogres following her around. She could, conceivably, take over the world!

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

This was a delicious volume, thank you translators! There was a surprising amount of progress, and a shortage of daily life. Coming up, an arc to make Aju interesting and a ponytail swordsman (probably joining the party sorta).

"...About all the absurd things I've missed. About all the things I don't understand that have hurt people. No matter how trivial it is, I don't want to overlook anything ever again..." Okay we'll hold you to it Naori. "I don't want to overlook anything. But this is..." Yes! Hinata is so into you. (I don't have much confidence in Naori aside from combat bartending.)

To reply you must either login or sign up.