Forum › False Marigold discussion

joined Apr 16, 2022

I don't quite understand the conflict here. If the blind girl doesn't know what the brother likes she could just say anything. Just tell her your favorite foods.

The conflict is that Hana hates herself because she thinks she's the reason her brother died. Recall she was a second away from literally committing suicide in chapter 1 before Lily (inadvertently?) stopped her. She's not just doing this "become Kaoru" plan for Lily's sake, she's doing it as a form of suicide. By symbolically killing off "Hana" she can atone for her (self-perceived) sin by reviving "Kaoru." That's why she can't lie.

Anyway, I thought this chapter was good. It's not a perfect manga; it gets a little repetitive/slow in places and it leans too heavily on exposition sometimes, and Lily is a pretty flat character so far. I'm definitely curious to see where the current cliffhanger will lead, hopefully it won't just be a return to the status quo. I also am harboring a pet theory that Lily already knew or guessed Kaoru was dead from the beginning -- we already know he told her he was sick, after all -- and started treating Hana as him as a way to take revenge for Kaoru's death before genuinely coming to care for her as they interacted. It seems unlikely at this point but it would at least make her a much more interesting character.

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

I don't quite understand the conflict here. If the blind girl doesn't know what the brother likes she could just say anything. Just tell her your favorite foods.

She's not trying to pretend to be her brother. She's trying to be her brother. Lying about what foods "he" liked would defeat the purpose, because that means it's not "him" that Lily is interacting with.

She feels compelled to keep him alive through this deception, but is increasingly paralyzed by the realization that she knows basically nothing about him beyond that he worked a lot. That's why she's having nightmares about how he's "not someone you can become," because she's decided her only reason for living is to replace Kaoru and make Lily happy.

joined Aug 21, 2017

Yikes

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

Small typo on Chap 5 page 5 panel 2
I'd happy -> I'd be happy

Edit:
Dang, you're fast!

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 10:27PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

The problem is that he doesn't know if something he says is contradictory, he doesn't know if he ever ate or rejected something with the girl. Furthermore, those questions hurt him because he realizes more and more that he didn't know anything about his brother.

Why use he/him ? It's a girl you're talking about.

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Aw

joined May 10, 2021

I know she's trying to become her late brother, but she's as clueless as Lily in this case... Might as well wing it!
It feels like some sloppy and cheap drama.
Thanks for the update

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

My dumbass was clicking the right side of my phone for the next page several times before realizing that was the end...how tf does this author get away with that cliffhanger!

4825dbbf-266a-42cd-a88b-34a30c1f7471
joined Apr 16, 2021

honestly i’m not as mad about “be careful onee-san” ending so poorly and abruptly if it means the mangaka is putting all their effort into this; it’s genuinely a pretty interesting story and seems promising. still a bit disappointing what happened though. hopefully the mangaka is actually willing to finish this one properly lol

joined Aug 1, 2022

Man that obi looks gorgeous, along with the manga cover. Thank you redrawers/whoever did it, it looks so cool.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Nice.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

America...

Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

Haha Nekomori's note on the map

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Good job, Nekomori! :D

And looks like an enemy has arrived...

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Nekomori speaks for all of us!

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

She is having alucinations, very dangerous

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

How can you pretend to be your brother if you have a woman's voice and hope that a blind girl does not catch it? You would have thought Lily's will have sharper hearing than anyone else and there is no way Hana can get away with it,

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh oh? I guess the maid is in lesbians with Lily...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

From adorable to tragic to adorable again.

Yeah
joined Apr 14, 2021

wonder how it's ending will turn out to be? pretty excited about this.

joined May 10, 2021

What a damn adorable chapter!
I wonder who the new girl is. She seems related to Lily somehow.
She probably means trouble.
Thanks for the chapter!

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

Thanks for the chapter!

I'm pretty sure that's Lily's sister (not sure of their relationship) who bullied her in chapter 2.

joined May 9, 2017

Thanks for the chapter!

I'm pretty sure that's Lily's sister (not sure of their relationship) who bullied her in chapter 2.

Nice catch, I would have missed it. It's s definitely the same character. I like it when authors take the time to introduce characters early in the story, even briefly, instead of having them appears out not nowhere just to disrupt the plot.

Very cute chapter. I'd like for them to find there own happiness, but the longer the lie run, they more damaging it will be...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A lovely date, then trouble comes knocking.

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

The Bowden (loose) cable for brakes apparently was invented at the end of the 19th century already, but the levers are for rod brakes. If the author is drawing from reference photos of an old bicycle, maybe the mystery box in the middle of the handlebar is some converter for retrofitting a newer brake at a lower cost.

To reply you must either login or sign up.