Forum › The Desperate March of Love discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

This seems a bit too obvious to be a straight play of Ami being a player. But who knows, maybe i'm overthinking it and she really is just that

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

I am sure that last panel will lead to lots of very reasonable discussion here.

I've really been enjoying this series so far. I think the big thing that makes it work for me (aside from the totally adorable art style) is how Ami is just totally shameless. She's putting Rei through an emotional rollercoaster, and making no secret that she's doing it, and that she enjoys doing it. There's something about a character being so brazenly sleazy, rather than secretly sleazy, that just causes it to wrap back around to being weirdly charming to me.

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

Does anyone know where I can read the raws, I literately don’t give two shits about this manga but not knowing what that biyatch does in the end makes me angry, I just wanna get over this manga already cuz it’s not worth waiting for imo.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

There's something about a character being so brazenly sleazy, rather than secretly sleazy, that just causes it to wrap back around to being weirdly charming to me.

I don't dislike her all that much - as you've said, she is what's on the tin.

Who I dislike more is Rei - she has negative self-respect and self-awareness levels. I really can't feel anything other than slight disdain for her, when she is being metaphorically spat on, and still acting happy about it...

edit: I was also looking for raws, but unfortunately the only site in my bookmarks that has it only has chapter 1 :(

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 4:31PM

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Should this really have the romance tag?

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Does anyone know where I can read the raws, I literately don’t give two shits about this manga but not knowing what that biyatch does in the end makes me angry, I just wanna get over this manga already cuz it’s not worth waiting for imo.

Same. Ami is a prick and I’d love to finish and discard this series, preferably with some weak closure. I’ll let you know if I find raws.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Ami is the worst. Worst of the worst. Man, I’m not sure what we as readers are supposed to be getting out of this… (that said, I will keep reading). Rei, is this really love? If you’re into princely types, hadn’t you better just get into Takarazuka and get a crush on one of those stars from a safe distance?

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Please.... I hope there will be a moment after Ami put Rei through só much angst that when she asks Rei If she loves her, she'll hear a weak "no" or a "I'm not sure anymore". But I doubt it. Artists that create stories like this never seem able to go that route. Seriously.... Unconditional love is a myth... Everyone has a limit, a breaking point and feelings change. People can stop loving just as easily as they can fall in love. And nothing changes feelings faster and harder than betrayal or, in this case, neglect. Why can't writters understand that?

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 4:30PM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

I don't think they'll be too brazen to actually have immediate change within the story so I assume the whole kind of one-sided relationship will go on for way too long. I'll keep on reading though in that 1% scenario where I'm wrong plus I like the art

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

I'll repeat myself: it's only 10 chapters. I bought the book.

There's no raws out there, unless you buy the book.

Also, there's a pay off at the end, but the path is full of thorns. Brace yourselves.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

I'll repeat myself: it's only 10 chapters. I bought the book.

Also, there's a pay off at the end, but the path is full of thorns. Brace yourselves.

I'll take your word for it, though I was gonna read through it regardless. Though now mainly cause I'm hoping that pay off is Rei slapping the piss out of Ami lol

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 5:11PM

joined May 11, 2020

Wow she really is a piece of shit

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was wondering the same thing.
Ami doesn't seem to love Rei at all.

Glass%20drum
joined Jan 3, 2019

I have such conflicted feelings about this series. The art style is so soft and comfy, but I'm still getting Manio vibes. So far, the way they're building this up, I'd love to see Rei break up with Ami, or at the very least properly stand up for herself and what she wants.

joined Aug 29, 2019

This is delightfully awful.

joined Apr 16, 2021

I don't like ami

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

ah stress

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I was wondering the same thing.
Ami doesn't seem to love Rei at all.

Yeah, so far this is cringe comedy with one joke: Rei gets her hopes up and they get thoroughly crushed. With an art style like Hino-san no Baka or in 4koma format, I wouldn't find it weird at all. Instead, we get these soft, detailed drawings, which makes for a confusing vibe. The fact that the joke is so drawn out each time doesn't help either.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I bought the book.

I can see why! I love the art to bits! <3 The story is entertaining, the dialogues are lighthearted and the characters are funny, but for me it's the art that carries the story along. The soft, delicate touch of the artist makes every scene enjoyable.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I'm gonna wait reading this til the end and just binge. I can't stand ami rn.

Download
joined Jul 12, 2020

This isn't romance, at all. This manga gives me the same vibe as Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Wow! I already hate her!

Can't wait to see more!

joined Aug 29, 2019

Wait, this is supposed to be a comedy? I thought it was drama or at least creepy and deliberately making you feel uneasy, like, this has to get ugly at some point, right? That's what makes the disconnect between the bubbly, fluffy art and the awful treatment of our main character so fascinating!

Works about as well as "comedy" for me as Liar Satsuki did (i.e. it doesn't). Which was great in its own right, but wasn't what I was looking for and expecting at the time.

last edited at Nov 8, 2023 10:22PM

joined Jun 4, 2022

literally just an unhealthy relationship disguised with cute drawings. This might come out to be really good if it has a banger ass end message.

To reply you must either login or sign up.