even though there are parts that are hard to believe, it seems like a good warning about actions having consequences. I don't think the scientist put a very human romance code in her since 1. She was very lonely and 2. the robot's love never changes or evolves. Love is supposed to be erratic so what the robot has isn't love but instead a goal. In order to keep that goal the scientist would have to succumb to the same code.
Also I can see why nobody really wanted to work with her if this is the fruits of her labor during those times. Personally I would have written the business men to see her as volatile since i dont really think they care about morals if theyre so high up in the company. At that point in time i dont think either really cared too much about the well being of others