Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

joined Aug 21, 2017

Lapis is quirked up this chapter

joined Feb 17, 2018

I kind of feel like Natori became the MC when she was transported into the world. All the story beats seem to revolve around her and everyone is vying for her attention, like she's the main character, all the while she thinks it's still Diana because that's the version of the story she's familiar with. I'm less familiar with Japanese Isekai specifically but usually stories about being transported to a fantasy world are escapist fodder where you can leave your boring life and go become a big deal somewhere more exciting with bigger stakes but in this case Natori is uninterested in the genre she lands in and is like a lead actor trying to dodge the spotlight.

Also interesting how Lapis and Diana both have the same kind of generic motivation to protect the people you care about. Lapis's sister probably saw a future where Lapis would die and sacrificed herself instead, so Lapis is out for revenge believing she already failed. Possibly leaned into learning barrier magic as a reaction to the loss. Diana meanwhile is like a powder keg and wants the power Lapis developed through suffering. End game is probably Lapis realizing she does have that power now and cares more about Natori than revenge, which is of course made possible by Natori rejecting the story she's in and putting herself in a supporting position/being willing to sacrifice herself in the same way Lapis's sister did which Lapis definitely has strong feelings about.

I love this comic. Thank you and I look forward to being wrong about everything

last edited at Oct 29, 2023 1:16AM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Lapis went full wife guy immediately

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

Ch 11. Natori: I want you to want me.
Ch 12 Lapis: Okay, I want you.
Natori: what da hell?

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

The sapphic urge to be held and spoiled by a hot villainess...

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

This is probably my favourite ongoing manga rn. I love how helpless the MC always looks.

It’s gonna be painful to see when Lapis realises she’s actually servant-zoned by the MC. I think it might even be what brings out her unhinged side. Unsure how Diana is going to react to this development tho but I can’t wait for the drama.

joined Dec 13, 2018

Lapis went full wife guy immediately

best description I ever read bout lappy

joined Mar 23, 2022

Damnnn lapis sama is on the attack mode now. Ship is at full speed and I'm swimming over it.

joined Mar 23, 2022

When lapis character when at full 180 towards Natori, anytime soon Natori.exe. will stop working.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Now this is some real shit, hallelujah!

Ephemeral Dreamer
Chikariko05
joined Aug 27, 2015

The sapphic urge to be held and spoiled by a hot villainess...

Wish that was me

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Natori... you've already changed the story and it's far too late for you to be a background character

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Insane Amounts of Hand-holding

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Oooh. That possessiveness. Sweet, but in a creepy and confining way. Hope they can get through this phase unharmed.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Good lord, the first few pages are fire! The entire chapter is fire! I'm not 100% certain what caused Lapis to change gear to such a degree, but I'm all for it. Natori reading this as her being treated as a spoiled pet was amusing, but I'm also dying for her to connect the dots, or better yet, Lapis being even more assertive than she's now being and making it clear in no uncertain terms. Like, I just want Lapis to kiss her or something. Like she should've done in those few panels at the start.

Oooh. That possessiveness. Sweet, but in a creepy and confining way. Hope they can get through this phase unharmed.

I'm not seeing this as creepy, but definitely confining and maybe suffocating. I do wonder where this is going to lead, and definitely hope (and expect, really) they'll get through this.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Love this series! Natori continues to underestimate how much she means to Lapis and how trusted she actually is. Lapis seems to have a few insecurities and traumas that lead her to be cautious and fearful of things she loves. It seems she's turned the corner on her feelings for Natori and therefore expresses her love by keeping Natori close and providing comfort. Natori is now a cherished person that Lapis doesn't want to see come to harm (again). Natori reads that protectiveness as lacking in trust (which also reminds us that Natori has self worth issues) but it feels more of an internal apprehension that Lapis has developed over time. They're very cute though.

Wouldn't say it's creepy or confining. It only feels that way to Natori because she likes to be a worker and feel "useful." She has her own insecurities there. But for Lapis, all she is doing is suggesting that Natori no longer be treated like a maid or aide, and she likely assumes that would be a good thing. For most people it would be a good thing and an upgrade. Natori just has to discuss it and it seems like she intends to find "work" elsewhere anyway (by making moves to save Lapis). That being said, I'd imagine that Lapis' feelings are at least partly fueled by some sort of trauma stemming from her past.

Now I'm interested to see how Diana's role continues to develop. She's tried to compare herself to Lapis before, clearly crushes on Natori but also looks up to Lapis. What will be her reaction when she sees how close they are and that Natori clearly shares some of these feelings? Diana can still go either way, ally or enemy (like in the game). I continue to think that she'll eventually be an ally, no matter what; but I'd expect some turbulence there in the mean time. There's a reason she's been shown to be competitive and impulsive.

last edited at Oct 29, 2023 10:27AM

joined Feb 24, 2023

Bro Natori can’t be this dumb

last edited at Oct 29, 2023 1:48PM

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

Girl wants to be an NPC when she's already the main character

pandapandapanda666
joined Nov 14, 2022

i got curious and bought/read the raws for 13 and 14 bc chapter 12 has me dying and im still dying now anyways does anyone want the raws

joined Aug 21, 2023

Bro Natori can’t be this dumb

Going through life as she has, her mentality makes sense. She hasn't been dealing with a full deck.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

i got curious and bought/read the raws for 13 and 14 bc chapter 12 has me dying and im still dying now anyways does anyone want the raws

Well you'll feel like that till Christmas.

last edited at Oct 29, 2023 3:00PM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

She's robbing her of that satisfaction of a job well done, how cruel

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Lapis: I have a new assignment for you
Natori: yes mistress lapis, shall I get you your tea or sort your paperwork?
Lapis: you shall marry me and make me happy untill my death, don't fail me

(Continued in the next Natori Dub of this manga)

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Ch 11. Natori: I want you to want me.
Ch 12 Lapis: Okay, I want you.
Natori: what da hell?

N: I didn't mean it like that!
L: too late, your ass is mine!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm less familiar with Japanese Isekai specifically but usually stories about being transported to a fantasy world are escapist fodder where you can leave your boring life and go become a big deal somewhere more exciting with bigger stakes

With so many Japanese works, the trendy topics end up being included just cause and half the stuff that comes out don't even use the genre properly. But the best works do use it properly or has a good twist on it
Re:zero is a deconstruction where the escapist dude has a mental breakdown over how hard actually living such a world is
Konosuba is a parody where the escapist dude is too lazy and petty to properly live out his dream come true
Tanya the evil has the main character be tortured by a disgruntled god
So I'm a spider is a survival/death game arranged by a rouge god (the mc in this one so darn entertaining)
The one that made the genre big, sword art online, is about trying to escape the escapism
I've been killing slimes is therapy for a poor worker who worked herself to death

To reply you must either login or sign up.