Forum › Trying Out Marriage With My Female Friend discussion

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Aw boo that's probably not enough time for Rui to get her own relationship with Inaho going. Just like Subaru in Crescent Moon she's going to be consigned to yuri quantum indeterminacy forever…

Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

The end is nigh!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-09-18/shio-usui-i-married-my-female-friend-manga-ends-on-october-18/.202471

Aw, that's a shame. I could have continued watching the pair's slice of life hijinks for good while more.

When Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon ended, this was already running, so they certainly deserve a bit of a break, lol. Afaik Shio Usui doesn't have another work lined up yet, but hopefully it won't be too long a wait. I really like their style.

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

I love them

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

GOOD! GOD! This is exactly the wholesomeness I needed from this series. I'm so looking forward to their formal wedding HHHNNN

Also the random spanking caught me off guard and gave me whiplash a lil bit lol

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

She's slapping ass and proposing to her wife. Doing it all. Fun, chill series. She's good at those.

last edited at Oct 11, 2023 7:25AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I loved their story. Also her editor(?) was like: "My God. These bitches be gay! Good for them"

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

I would have taken a lot more of that wholesomeness :( Kurumi being all romantic and caring is so damn adorable.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

What a great chapter. I love seeing Kurumi who finally understands she's in love and how she's changed from that simple epiphany.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

She's slapping ass and proposing to her wife.

Living the life.

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

I'm not jealous of Ruriko. I'm not jealous of Ruriko. Just because she got a slap on the ass and a kiss on the forehead before eating a bowl of stew, then having her wife suggest an actual wedding ceremony. I'm not jealous of Ruriko. NOT! AT! ALL!!!!

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Apr 19, 2012

sobbing... so cute!!!!!!! This was the sweetest chapter so far. Requited feelings are the best sob sob

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Lovely

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Gezzzz Ruriko living the dreammmmm. Next chapter is final chapter, I wish there is more of their domestic life TvT

Untitled4_20220617084819
joined May 12, 2022

huh wait it's the final chap next??

joined Jan 3, 2020

Ends with a wedding ceremony I guess? That's always a good ending. For those, I totally respect people who want to wear suits, but I am a complete sucker for the double wedding dress setup. It really tugs at my heartstrings for whatever reason.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ends with a wedding ceremony I guess? That's always a good ending. For those, I totally respect people who want to wear suits, but I am a complete sucker for the double wedding dress setup. It really tugs at my heartstrings for whatever reason.

In all honesty, i dont think any of them would fit in a suit

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Now that is one nice idea. ^_^

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

In all honesty, i dont think any of them would fit in a suit

I could maayyyybe see Kurumi pulling it off...
But yeah, both seem to fit more in the wedding dress team.

(For the record, I'm all for suits. Everywhere, not just at weddings.)

joined Feb 1, 2021

I suppose a proper wedding is as good a way to end this as any, though I'd have happily read these two being domestic for another thirty chapters.

joined Oct 27, 2018

So they'll end it with like three chapters of them as a couple. Sorry, but this mangas pacing is not good. It was too slow before, but now it's way too fast.

Img_20230402_152744
joined Aug 23, 2022

I'm seriously asking for a sequel. Like c'mon, it's been 3 years of these clueless lesbians being clueless lesbians and then when we can have a wholesome married life wholesome series and it's going to end. At least we'll have a wedding.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Ah, lovely.

Side note: It's kind of cute what the Japanese imagine is "strawberry shortcake". Comes from their obsession with presentation, I expect. So, proper strawberry shortcake is messy, and put together on the spot either by someone who's serving it up or by the person who's gonna eat it. It involves three things:
1. A bunch of whipped cream, like a big bowlful
(Ideally, don't use spraycan whipped cream; it tastes fine, but it's too light; you want whipped cream with some heft)
2. Sliced, lightly sugared strawberries with plenty of juice oozing around--again, you got a big bowl of this
3. Traditionally, these things like large, just slightly sweet baking powder biscuits, although I suppose in a pinch you can use those weird yellowish mini-cake things they sell in stores sometimes. But the biscuits are really easy to make.

You take a biscuit and half it, so you've got two halves with the centre face up. You ladle on a bunch of strawberries and a stack of whipped cream. You devour. If there are still biscuits left, you do it again. I myself have never gotten into the whipped-cream-on-top versus strawberries-on-top factional conflicts.
That's real strawberry shortcake, not some kind of bakery cake with orderly layers and a few strawberries stuck on top.

last edited at Oct 11, 2023 11:56PM

Fihtlipucaaqy_l
joined Sep 30, 2023

God I love this manga so much, it's always such a treat to read the chapters as they come out. Ruriko hugging the present bag to her chest as she slept was just so adorable omggg T_T

4b70c0a3-5927-441e-942b-53e31052f7f7
joined Mar 3, 2023

Omg it’s happening! Sequel is needed.

To reply you must either login or sign up.