Forum › Virgins' Empire discussion

Screenshot_20230620_200924_chrome
joined Mar 31, 2021

The coach and nurse now too? At some point they may take over all of japan!

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

Nurse has some Yuri powers or something, she's what's keeping the school running.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Ah yes, I am sure the nurse is used to the supernatural from hearing the moans from the ghosts haunting the infirmary

Bonus points if it's literal lesbian ghosts to be introduced later.

snoopy_from_peanuts
Tumblr_mrfzgkpani1rzp26no5_250
joined Aug 11, 2021

278 chapters in and we're still getting new pairings, virgins empire is the gift that keeps on giving.

Smallerowl2jpg
joined May 5, 2020

Props to the translators who know it's "Psych" and not "Sike," which is not a word in the first place. The pedant in me is pleased.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Props to the translators who know it's "Psych" and not "Sike," which is not a word in the first place. The pedant in me is pleased.

What you mean is "sike" isn't the right word for that situation. Sike is an older word, but word it is.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

What you mean is "sike" isn't the right word for that situation. Sike is an older word, but word it is.

“Sike” is not a modern English word. It may be a slang spelling of “psych,” which is a shortened form of the idiom, “psyched you out.” “Sike” is also a pre-modern spelling for words such as “sick” or “seek,” and a Scottish dialect word for “a small stream.”

But in this context “Sike” is not a recognized English word.

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

I had a grin on my face for the rest of the chapter because of this.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

“Sike” is not a modern English word. It may be a slang spelling of “psych,” which is a shortened form of the idiom, “psyched you out.” “Sike” is also a pre-modern spelling for words such as “sick” or “seek,” and a Scottish dialect word for “a small stream.”

Looks like everybody so far has recognized it.

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 6:36PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Looks like everybody so far has recognized it.

Hilarious. I love how you've made a "play on words" with the word "recognized" by referring to one denotation of "recognized" when a completely separate denotation of the word "recognized" was originally intended.

Wit at its finest.

last edited at Oct 3, 2023 8:49PM

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

A new pair of contestants enters the ring and this time,thems are adults!!

Iiiiiiiit's COACH & NUUUUURRRRRRSEEEE!

hot damn,sensei, now it got complicated

joined Apr 10, 2023

Omg this chapter was soooo cute, love the gym teacher and nurse.

So, everyone including the female teachers are lesbians at this school?

Hibiki has dated boys, so she's either bi or het.

That's not necessarily how it works. You can find out more by researching "compulsive heterosexuality" but the tldr is that most of us start out thinking we're straight because that's the norm society dictates, try it out and find it unsatisfying without quite being able to figure out why, and then one day have a gay revelation and never go back. Girls and women who "date" boys, have one gay encounter, and act like they just saw the rapture is all over yuri manga, and that story structure is not supposed to communicate "bisexual" lol. They're like the black and white clips from infomercials of people trying to do household chores, fucking it up in silly ways, and going "there just has to be a better way!" while looking into the camera.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Omg this chapter was soooo cute, love the gym teacher and nurse.

So, everyone including the female teachers are lesbians at this school?

Hibiki has dated boys, so she's either bi or het.

That's not necessarily how it works. You can find out more by researching "compulsive heterosexuality" but the tldr is that most of us start out thinking we're straight because that's the norm society dictates, try it out and find it unsatisfying without quite being able to figure out why, and then one day have a gay revelation and never go back. Girls and women who "date" boys, have one gay encounter, and act like they just saw the rapture is all over yuri manga, and that story structure is not supposed to communicate "bisexual" lol. They're like the black and white clips from infomercials of people trying to do household chores, fucking it up in silly ways, and going "there just has to be a better way!" while looking into the camera.

There's that but it's not like we have any indication that she disliked said dating with boys, so there's nothing wrong with assuming she's bi, doesn't change anything about what's happening in this series.

joined May 23, 2013

There's that but it's not like we have any indication that she disliked said dating with boys

Hibiki in fact went from dating boys to going out with Kaoru with no angst and then went right back to boys after things didn't work out with her. She seems like a pretty clear bisexual. Same goes for Mariri, who's dated at least one boy but had no trouble initiating things with Mayuyu.

joined Apr 10, 2023

I honestly totally forgot about Hibiki's brief flirtatious friendship with Kaoru. If she's talked about boys again since (decent chance in the over 200 chapters it's been since that little story played out, never would have been able to find it without the tags) then yeah she's probably bi. But she bi because she can be attracted to a girl and also still likes boys, not because she had anything to do with boys in the past, that is an important distinction still. A character's hypothetical future is way more important for defining sexuality than their past.
(And I'm still iffy about Hibiki because I don't remember her ever saying a single positive word about any of her relationships, they seem very unfulfilling for her lol. But then so was her crush on Kaoru. Maybe Hibiki doesn't truly like boys or girls but a secret third thing.)

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 9:07AM

joined May 23, 2013

Hibiki crushes on a boy as recently as chapter 222, and Midori's dialogue implies this is a regular occurrence.

As for her views on her partners, the implication seems to be that Hibiki doesn't have the best taste in boys or girls.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

Gah so glad to see this… im always so curious about the adults that have been sprinkled throughout… curious to what they see and what they think… I feel like school nurse and shop assistant in the changing room probably hear the most lol

Also, so cute to see how the trend traveled throughout the school… I’m curious how it went from debate club to Miyoshi though… but I suppose if anyone is going to know anything it’s Miyoshi lol

last edited at Oct 4, 2023 10:06PM

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I am healed.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Daaaaw ! These two are so madly in love, they'll make anything work . I'm not the least bit worried ^_^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Are they not gonna go to uni first? In which case it'll probably be dorms- or their parents problem for a few more years lol.

p.s Thats a nice sentiment Ai - but once the time comes for your own place, that wont pay the bills lol :)

last edited at Oct 19, 2023 1:54PM

joined Jun 8, 2020

it´s so beautifull ;_;

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

This is so sweet

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Are they not gonna go to uni first? In which case it'll probably be dorms-

Probably is a bit strong. I don't think the proportion of university students in dorms reaches 50%.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Are they not gonna go to uni first? In which case it'll probably be dorms-

Probably is a bit strong. I don't think the proportion of university students in dorms reaches 50%.

That's gonna vary depending on where you go and what country you're in. I'm pretty sure in Japan some schools literally require all freshmen to start out in the dorms.

20210727_225006
joined Dec 9, 2021

Ai is such an adorable dork

To reply you must either login or sign up.