Forum › Yamada to Kase-san discussion

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

This chapter also reinforced the idea that the race was still about deciding whether she moved or not, which sort of contradicts what I thought Kase had changed her position to in a previous chapter.

Same. I wonder if it was a dropped stitch or just a translation issue, but I thought Kase had firmly established that she was leaving the dorm no matter what, but if she lost she would tell Fukami why she had to move out.

I think its clear that she wants to tell Fukami, but you know in Kase's head she had to win the race no matter what.

I think the interesting thread left on the table is what Kase would have done had she actually lost? What would her friends do and Fukami? Would Kase truly ignore the agreed on terms and how would that be viewed? And if she didn't how would Yamada react?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Well that was unsatisfying. I was honestly hoping she would lose just so she would be forced to face the reality of how shit she's been to Yamada.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This chapter also reinforced the idea that the race was still about deciding whether she moved or not, which sort of contradicts what I thought Kase had changed her position to in a previous chapter.

Same. I wonder if it was a dropped stitch or just a translation issue, but I thought Kase had firmly established that she was leaving the dorm no matter what, but if she lost she would tell Fukami why she had to move out.

Well, she did say that to Fukami, but everyone else clearly didn't know this.

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Last time I'll jump in: but Fukami was under the impression that if she won, she'd keep Kase. She thinks that in this chapter, near the end of the race. So it really seems as though that was still the assumed result of winning. I guess Kase could feel differently but we never get her thoughts in this chapter. I think it's looking more likely that what seemed like a line Kase drew in that earlier chapter was just a throwaway (or misread on our part, as we struggled to salvage the situation) and not anything serious. Maybe Kase will say something next chapter.

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 10:22AM

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Where on Arc ends, another begins. We've completed the race arc, now begins the domestic bliss arc. God I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES

Aizawa-san
joined May 25, 2018

not the ending we want, but the ending we deserve

...idk if that actually makes any sense

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

In a standard "who is going to get together with who?" yuri story, Fukami could have been an interesting character--totally repressed about her own feelings, and ripe for all kinds of self-realizations when confronted with the erotic aura of the clueless goddess-prince Kase.

But the MCs are so joined at the hip in this one that Fukami was always going to be emotional road kill, and as several others have noted, unless Kase was going to lose the race and thus cause any number of crises/epiphanies, the entire arc has no real consequences, except that Yamada lost a great apartment because Kase is a fucking dolt.

(That is, unless Fukami now goes full-metal yandere or something. I don't foresee that happening, though.)

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 11:22AM

joined Dec 13, 2021

Based on the sarcasm comment I'm assuming that wasn't even close to Kases best time since nobody mentioned a new best time to her either so maybe she really knew she had nothing to worry about since and racing was just the easiest option idk maybe

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

In a standard "who is going to get together with who?" yuri story, Fukami could have been an interesting character--totally repressed about her own feelings, and ripe for all kinds of self-realizations when confronted with the erotic aura of the clueless goddess-prince Kase.

But the MCs are so joined at the hip in this one that Fukami was always going to be emotional road kill, and as several others have noted, unless Kase was going to lose the race and thus cause any number of crises/epiphanies, the entire arc has no real consequences, except that Yamada lost a great apartment because Kase is a fucking dolt.

(That is, unless Fukami now goes full-metal yandere or something. I don't foresee that happening, though.)

Yeah, pretty much agree with all of this.

Honestly for the longest time I thought Fukami was going to side-couple up with Kase's other little fangirl. I feel like that would have been way more interesting. Maybe that's still where she ends up on the rebound, but eh, it is way less entertaining this way.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Last time I'll jump in: but Fukami was under the impression that if she won, she'd keep Kase. She thinks that in this chapter, near the end of the race. So it really seems as though that was still the assumed result of winning. I guess Kase could feel differently but we never get her thoughts in this chapter. I think it's looking more likely that what seemed like a line Kase drew in that earlier chapter was just a throwaway (or misread on our part, as we struggled to salvage the situation) and not anything serious. Maybe Kase will say something next chapter.

Well, it's also possible that Kase intended that to move the goalposts but Fukami is pretty sure that if she wins she can use the social pressure to make Kase stay, since apparently Kase has the spinal fortitude of a jellyfish.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

not the ending we want, but the ending we deserve

...idk if that actually makes any sense

It doesn't, but I appreciate the spirit.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, it's also possible that Kase intended that to move the goalposts but Fukami is pretty sure that if she wins she can use the social pressure to make Kase stay, since apparently Kase has the spinal fortitude of a jellyfish.

And the pressure would certainly be there with everyone seeing Kase moving out after a loss as her going back on her word.

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

Glad Kase won.

Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

Well that was anti-climatic, we didn't even get Kase telling Fukami anything.

So I'm guessing it not really over yet and next chapter she'll find out or something.

Pfp%20copy
joined Dec 10, 2022

I'm just glad this arc is finally fucking over
I agree with many of the comments saying this arc was a big waste of time, without real consequences. I think the author wrote herself into a corner with this one..

We can now move on to focusing on Kase and Yamada's lovey-dovey life! Which was what I was here for in the first place

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 1:28PM

joined Jul 31, 2013

I didn't know what I wanted, but THIS is the end of this multi year college roommate arc??? I don't understand how little importance it all seems to have been given when this was the main and only storyline that's been going on for so long. I'm sure kase and yamada will discuss it next chapter, but really weird resolution to a plotline that probably didn't need to be as long as it was. Glad this has stayed popular enough to continue publication though.

joined Jul 31, 2013

It looks like Kase subconsciously does not want to live with Yamada.

Obviously she is fully into (stupid) challenge with Fukami.
She just likes to compete, and she lost her mind about price and costs.
Moving in with Yamada is the last thing she thinks about.

How much stumbling and falling reflects her true inner state and her decisions?

Yeah, this kind of revelation would be the one idea that would make narrative sense and still preserve the romantic relationship that the manga is centered around (since the other feasible, relatable reason for Kase's behavior would be her falling out of love with Yui, and fuck that of course), but that doesn't seem to be playing out.

Mikage_240_w
joined Aug 22, 2014

Geez what a dumb arc.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Where on Arc ends, another begins. We've completed the race arc, now begins the domestic bliss arc. God I FUCKING LOVE THIS SERIES

YES!!! From now on they will be living together, sleeping in one bed and doing el delicioso every night! Kyaaa! I love this series so much!

My one nitpick would be, I can't believe Kase didn't call Yamada right after the race to tell her she had won! But then again Kase thought all this time that her victory was a cinch and 100% certain (and the result of the race proved her right lol) so maybe she assumed Yamada would be as confident and unworried as she was.

(Btw I can't believe there are still people complaining that Kase shouldn't have accepted the bet... we explained it so much...)

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

I get the feeling things with Kase's team are just beginning honestly.

And the pressure would certainly be there with everyone seeing Kase moving out after a loss as her going back on her word.

Yeah but which is worse, going back on her word with the team or with Yamada? When she said what she said to Fukami in the last chapter she was more or less acknowledging that Yamada took priority no matter what... but she still intended to win.

Jocks are dumb regardless.

20240119_014822
joined Nov 18, 2021

Finally this arc and this stupid race is over.

Bd53e2ad579b959b89f62de0cc5941be-min
joined Oct 19, 2022

thank GOD im so glad. i dont think my heart could have took it if she lost that race ;-;

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

When the starter announced the stakes of the race as whether or not Kase leaves Nadeshiko Dorms, it made me think it's like a reverse sports manga plot. Kind of the opposite of when the arrogant upperclassman challenges the protagonist to a match to show the protagonist they don't have what it takes to be a part of the team.

Edit: So normally you would be rooting for the protagonist to stay in the dorm with the rest of the team.

Also was I the only one to feel a bit bad for Fukami?

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 5:51PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

This is like the filler arc of an anime adaptation.

(Btw I can't believe there are still people complaining that Kase shouldn't have accepted the bet... we explained it so much...)

what

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ngl I kind of wish Yamada put her foot down and just left her to think about her choices. It'd have been pissed if my partner did this.

To reply you must either login or sign up.