Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

joined Aug 29, 2019

... and then there's me, blissfully not reading most of the comments (especially the negative ones) and openly enjoying wherever the author will take us next at whichever pace they choose. Chibi neko girls licking each other included.

I mean, I get that it's a hard shift of pace from the dramatic scene we'd escaped from, but it's not like Yvonne is in a hurry now. Time in the "present" doesn't really pass while you're time traveling to the "past", and I'm not even sure if we'll be returning to that exact timeline of if that one will have gone grimdark and everybody died.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 10:51AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Never thought I'd see the day when Dynasty readers would be complaining about chibi neko-girls licking each other.

(I kid, I kid. But really . . .)

Look, if this was some kind of spin-off or oneshot, then I'd be all for it. There's a time and a place for cute kids and catgirls.

So you're suggesting that there are times and places that are not for cute cat-girls . . . ?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Excellent. :D

And someone's about to awaken to his love for yuri. :D

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I haven't checked the older comments, but do we just have two distinct sets of amnesiac commenters? I seem to remember as we were wrapping up the previous arc that the tone of the comments was that the Big Fantasy Plot was getting out of hand, convoluted, and causing tonal whiplash with the fluffy romance elements.

I remember pointing out, with glee, that this arc was just going to be an excuse for fluff and a break from said Big Fantasy Plot. Pertinent at the time was someone pointing out that this whole manhua has always been at odds with itself regarding the plot and the fluff. How are readers not already used to the way this comic is structured?

I think it's pretty clearly a stable time loop

What makes you say stable time loop over route hopping? I'm asking honestly because it isn't something I was ever paying attention to on first read and it's been a while. Since it was from a Chinese reader, I also kinda assumed maybe it was the standard interpretation among people reading the raws.

And an actual catnip plot would be fun! It's a mild hallucinogenic, so cats go kinda nuts on it. Not exactly as portrayed here.

last edited at Sep 11, 2023 1:18PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

What makes you say stable time loop over route hopping?

Mainly the fact that this time travel part is filling in the previously mentioned blanks in Evie's memory, which would imply that she did not have these memories because the time traveling version of her was in control at the time. That, and as we are seeing right now, she's also laying the groundwork for Elsa going for her instead of any of the original male love interests, explaining this particular already seen change in the story's direction.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Uh, oh. Little Timmy is about to have a formulative experience.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

And what do you want her to do? She wasn't allowed to go out alone, and if she does, do you think she will just walk right into demon territory?
The only clue she has about the demons right now is the Baron, and already set a date to meet again.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Never thought I'd see the day when Dynasty readers would be complaining about chibi neko-girls licking each other.

(I kid, I kid. But really . . .)

Look, if this was some kind of spin-off or oneshot, then I'd be all for it. There's a time and a place for cute kids and catgirls.

So you're suggesting that there are times and places that are not for cute cat-girls . . . ?

I'm sure I can think of a couple of places that would be inappropriate... I just can't think of any right now.

Chad%20narukami
joined Feb 28, 2022

His moment of Nirvana

joined Oct 2, 2021

And thus began the career of Lord Garth, the greatest Yuri artiste in history

last edited at Sep 13, 2023 1:52AM

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

Ngl, I kinda like cat girl yuri

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

Ah I came back to see how this story was going and it's still lolis. Can someone please let me know when this arc is over.

Yipeevois
joined Nov 29, 2022

And Then Garth's interest in Yuri began..

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Oh? demon lady? oh? ô.o

joined Jun 10, 2023

That seemed kind of silly. What Duke would be in a room alone with someone he knew was both a demon and was a person he had screwed over?

last edited at Sep 24, 2023 7:58PM

Userpic-128-white
joined Jul 21, 2015

We know Elsa can time travel, so is this time traveling possessed Evie?

joined Jan 14, 2020

"there's too much loli fluff", they said. "not enough plot", they said.

joined Mar 26, 2021

And that's how himedanshi are made...

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

I hope the people complained that there was too much fluff are happy now.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

I wonder what the true deal is with this witch. My guess is that she's a demonic Elsa from a different timeline, who wanted to go back and save her past self in a different timeline, and then found out about Evie and Elsa, and decided to protect/watch over them. Although (assuming this is the same one as we have already seen) her usage of wind magic suggests she was already with Yvonne and maybe she died in her timeline

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

What makes you say stable time loop over route hopping?

Mainly the fact that this time travel part is filling in the previously mentioned blanks in Evie's memory, which would imply that she did not have these memories because the time traveling version of her was in control at the time. That, and as we are seeing right now, she's also laying the groundwork for Elsa going for her instead of any of the original male love interests, explaining this particular already seen change in the story's direction.

Ohhh, that's my mistake on describing the idea. The theory is that the other Elsa is route hopping away from a bad end route to this one and is initiating the time loop in this route to avoid a bad end. And I wasn't sure if that was a common or the running theory

Any chance this demon is the future nun? This at least seems like the setup for the orphanage, so Dorothea might show up if that isn't her

last edited at Sep 25, 2023 1:17AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

All those lilies. :D

And did not see that twist coming.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Oh thank god, the plot is coming back. My faith in the story is being validated. Noblemen are dying. nature is healing.

I haven't checked the older comments, but do we just have two distinct sets of amnesiac commenters? I seem to remember as we were wrapping up the previous arc that the tone of the comments was that the Big Fantasy Plot was getting out of hand, convoluted, and causing tonal whiplash with the fluffy romance elements.

I remember pointing out, with glee, that this arc was just going to be an excuse for fluff and a break from said Big Fantasy Plot. Pertinent at the time was someone pointing out that this whole manhua has always been at odds with itself regarding the plot and the fluff. How are readers not already used to the way this comic is structured?

I think the issue may be that two different sets of commenters have different priorities. For my own part, I'm interested in the story, but I also find the dynamic they have as adults, which we've been adding depth to for like 50+ chapters, to be more interesting.

last edited at Sep 25, 2023 3:18AM

Cut%20out%20avater
joined May 25, 2023

love how the cat noped out of that.

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

uh. excuse me? is future!elsa getting involved again or....?

anyway, that cat spirit... im not sure if it's just a visual effectfromf it leaving evie's body, but i think it has two tails? that probably makes it a nekomata, which is a bit of an outlier in this largely western fantasy setting. neat!

To reply you must either login or sign up.