Forum › How to Break a Triangle discussion

joined May 24, 2014

Eh, time to catch up I guess?

joined May 9, 2017

That's an interesting start!
Middle school x university student is a bit too much for me if this where it's going but l'll follow along, the art is nice, I like the pacing so far and I'm intrigued by the story.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

'How to break the reader' would've been a better title

joined Nov 16, 2021

time travel? interesting

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ok ok

First speculations, maybe Aya passed through some shrine that made her time travel to the future and thats why she disappeared and reappeared 7 years laters

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013
joined Apr 16, 2022

Ooh, interesting. I quite liked The Girl Through the Viewfinder from this author, and this is a really intriguing start. I was genuinely surprised at several points -- the revelation that Koto had already confessed to Aya two months ago, that Aya didn't intentionally ditch Koto but rather disappeared, and of course the page at the end. I think Koto's timidity, Erika's jealous inferiority complex, and Aya's mysterious aloofness with a hint of sadness were all very well depicted too, with barely any exposition which is always nice. It's a unique premise and setup and I'm really looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Middle school x university student is a bit too much for me if this where it's going

Kabocha hasn't done age gap in the past so it's a little hard for me to believe that'll be the ending. Then again, the explicit comparison of Koto and Aya to Orihime and Hikoboshi (not to mention to the president and her ex-boyfriend turned fiance) suggests that it will. Maybe we'll get some more time travel shenanigans to resolve this? On the other hand, the title of the manga is How to Break a Triangle, so Erika will presumably play a large role in the story as well, as something more than just "the friend with a crush on the MC who loses." Impossible to say right now, the manga is deliberately avoiding common storytelling conventions.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

Ok ok

First speculations, maybe Aya passed through some shrine that made her time travel to the future and thats why she disappeared and reappeared 7 years laters

She obviously pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time! She also opened the Sacred Realm, but that is another story.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Ooooooooooooooooh!

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

Time shenanigans from the perspective of those who remained... that's quite original

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

There's definitely Time Travel shenanigans at play here. Aya seems confused, as well. So, she probably doesn't know what's going on. Erika seems kind of heartless, so I'm suspicious of her at the moment. The title seems like it's explaining the solution, but let's see how things play out.

joined Aug 21, 2017

My prediction for next chapter's dialogue:

Aya: What's been going on with you?
Koto (7 years older): Not much.

joined Apr 2, 2023

holy moly! what a cliffhanger!!

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

loudest wtf lmao

joined Mar 13, 2023

She prob died

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Reminds me of Arai Cherry's Musunade, Tsunaide, which just finished scanlation on Mangadex. Though that one was a comedy, and this seems to be a lot more drama focused.

Brave_nehsafphnw
joined Dec 27, 2013

loving the premise! let's see where this goes

Img_1426
joined Sep 23, 2022

Oh this is a very interesting start!
I'm very excited to read more~

joined May 29, 2021

Ok ok

She obviously pulled the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time! She also opened the Sacred Realm, but that is another story.

As a nerd I feel obligated to point out that Link still aged when he did that.

Photo%203.0
joined Aug 20, 2023

Is good... It save my shitty day.

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

The stubborn girl did something, maybe she wrote a kanzaku wishing for Aya to disappear?

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

My guess is Koto is dating the current friend right now and with Aya reappearance this will cause some sort drama. Will she choose Aya or her current lover kinda angst.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Break a triangle? But... but triangles are the strongest shape! (⁠´⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠.̫⁠ ⁠.⁠ ⁠`⁠)

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Yuri featuring Tanabata and time travel is my jam.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Reminds me of Arai Cherry's Musunade, Tsunaide, which just finished scanlation on Mangadex. Though that one was a comedy, and this seems to be a lot more drama focused.

yeah that were my thoughts too, I'll be happy to read this one regardless though, since "Musunade, Tsunaide" was also a lot more subtext and this one seems to be going far more directly yuri focused as well as being more drama focused.

So yeah a yuri drama, with basically the same premise as "Musunade, Tsunaide" sign me up.

Also it's unclear to me right now but we'll definitely get to see more later, Erika was in love with Koto, Koto was in love with Aya, but it's not clear if Aya actually reciprocated that love with Koto or not and the mangadex summary does say that all three of them are carrying secret loves with them, so I'd wager either Aya did reciprocate in her own playful way, or she was in love with Erika.

On top of that though given seven years have passed for Koto and Erika I can't imagine Erika didn't at least confess, especially given how they're going to the same college and thus have stuck together since.

All in all yeah how to break a triangle is appropriate here given how Koto and Erika's feelings must have shifted over these seven years and Aya's would not have.

To reply you must either login or sign up.