Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Wow, Utena turned to dust in several different ways, haha. But Dark Magenta was very... honest with her feelings. I wonder what that means for her repressed desires?

Now, the anime trailer... AsahiPro. Damn. I was REALLY hoping for a studio that is going to invest absolutely lavish care on this. (Like, say, Studio Bind...)

That said, Utena's voice is PERFECT.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 6:12PM

joined Aug 11, 2022

Utena and Sulfur reactions to Magenta's transformation.....I mean even though Magenta was acting a bit OOC (out of character)...she was mostly herself...just add additional horny(90%)+ Sadistic (8%) + Dom mommy energy (15%)...yes I know it goes over 100%, i don't care.

I mean she is still healing her teammates and giving/replenishing their Magic(MP)...just she is being a tiny bit sadistic (stabbing a needle in their butt) and being lewd...she is still mostly kind (Just mixed with lewd Dom Mommy energy=her caring nature/actions when she was playing with Nero alice/Korisu) to her teammates and focus on beating the so-called bad guys...She is still herself...just slightly corrupted...

Sulfur is so conflicted right now...probably enjoying this and yet shocked/confused at what is happening.

Utena (TAKING A LOT OF MENTAL DAMAGE), knowing when she went berserk she left some of her taint inside Magenta...Wonder if Magenta is going to keep that form or if they are going to try to fix things...

To the people reacting negativity to the anime...are they from Twitter or some lame anime news channel page...cuz Twitter people are snowflakes that just like to complain about anything...even the very stupid things.

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 6:43PM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

At the beginning of this series, we would proabably rank tres magia from most to least seiso from magenta, azul to sulfur... and then switch sulfur and azul because of her maso tenancies she developed.

Now with confidence I can say the most to least seiso (at la verita) is sulfur, azul, magenta.

Also the twist being that Baiser was the one who unconsciously created the fallen medic is quite awesome

last edited at Aug 21, 2023 7:54PM

Kokosara Truther
joined Feb 23, 2023

I’m actually disappointed with the twist being “oh you corrupted her with leftover magic” like that instead of being related to her character subconsciously like how people had been suggesting and theorizing to now. There seemed like there could be a lot of potential there but this seems pretty boring compared. Combine that with her not even remembering and it seems like (hopefullly just for now) this isn’t doing anything as far as her character is concerned - for all intents and purposes a new character might as well have shown up.

Kokosara Truther
joined Feb 23, 2023

I’m actually disappointed with the twist being “oh you corrupted her with leftover magic” like that instead of being related to her character subconsciously like how people had been suggesting and theorizing to now. There seemed like there could be a lot of potential there but this seems pretty boring compared. Combine that with her not even remembering and it seems like (hopefullly just for now) this isn’t doing anything as far as her character is concerned - for all intents and purposes a new character might as well have shown up.

joined Apr 16, 2022

i understand this point of view but i'm willing to give the mangaka time to see what they have planned. they've earned my trust at this point that they'll take arc setups in interesting directions. i suspect the upshot of this arc will be more that Magenta has to learn to accept her repressed desires to stop them from taking control and going wild (which her "corrupted" La Verita state represents).

as for the chapter itself, i do find it very funny that Sulfur was the most edgy at the beginning of the manga due to being the violent one, but now just by staying mostly the same she has become the most pure one by default. isn't it sad Sulfur.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

best fucking reactions this chapter xD thanks for the new pfp

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

Tbh, I thought it was obvious that it was Utena's fault since Haruka's new form looked like the one Utena gave her when she stabbed her. So it makes a lot more sense that the reason she is like that is because of Utena.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

It’ll be interesting to see which way this breaks. Whether it unlocked a hidden talent, or if it’s part of Venalita’s plan to make everyone stronger and then corrupt their power, somehow.

I love that moment of sulfur being like “oh god I’m the only normal one left” lol imagine being a Tres Magia fan and then seeing two out of three of them turn from prim, proper ideal magical girls into decadent horny perverts lmao.

Well, actually I guess we don’t have to imagine it because Utena is right there lol

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

This is the top of horny comedy.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Props to everyone who called Utena's rampage corrupting Magenta's La Verita after the last chapter. While it is not as poignant as Magenta turning out to be a self-suppressing pervy domme, the fact that Utena's residual power in her manifested like that at all means that it's probably not far off from her real La Verita, which we will definitely see before this is over.

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Holy laction booba powah

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I don't think we can say Magenta ISN'T a self-suppressing pervy domme either, but that can manifest in more than one way. I will be very surprised to find that Dark Magenta's whole schtick was invented whole cloth by Baiser's influence!

Dumshork
joined Mar 19, 2022

best fucking reactions this chapter xD thanks for the new pfp

I laughed for a solid minute at that single panel alone.

I will be very surprised to find that Dark Magenta's whole schtick was invented whole cloth by Baiser's influence!

Exactly what I was thinking. Knowing this series, it's going to be, "yeah, Baiser added the darkness, but the form it took was based on Magenta's own desires."

last edited at Aug 22, 2023 12:53PM

Popte_pop_54
joined Jun 25, 2019

... a literal heal slut

cakeEnthusiast
Capture
joined Mar 2, 2019

I could be having the worst day ever and this manga will flip it into the best day ever. Comedy gold.

joined Mar 23, 2023

man i love this manga i just wish they weren't 14 D: anyway magenta has had the least amount of personality so far so this new focus on her is super exciting since she has had zero development compared to the other two thus far

ZeroTheYuriLover
Screenshot_183-min
joined Jan 2, 2022

loved it until around chapter 35 since it just became kinda boring since it no longer supplied what i wanted

Munch
joined Mar 23, 2021

huh, always thought vena was a guy for some reason

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Poor Utena. lol

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

same

I hope more stuff happens with the baiser and sulphur conflict. Currently the only one with real animosity is sulphur. We need something more than friendly rivalry for some real conflict and serious fights.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

I thought they were genderless blobs of magic.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

They need some kind of neutral ground where they can discuss things without coming to blows... It'd probably help.

At this point, I think it'll go one of two ways:
1) the magic blends smooth and she ends up halfway between what she would have been and what she is now. (Blend or half-and-half... or the fabled switch!)
2) that bit about how she believes lewds should only happen between lovers was a hint to the eventual solution. (Do your best, Sulphur!)

I'm glad to see Venalita get properly treated like an obstacle!

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Utena when Vena is obviously plotting something:
Yeah, whatever don't care
Utena when she thinks that Vena has a solution to get a magical girl to do magical girl things:

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

Utena when Vena is obviously plotting something:
Yeah, whatever don't care
Utena when she thinks that Vena has a solution to get a magical girl to do magical girl things:

To reply you must either login or sign up.