Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Anime%20girl%20bong%20small
joined Jan 1, 2022

Is Enorme a King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard fan?

joined Aug 10, 2016

So gonna take a wild guess here, but I wonder if Magia Cyan is Sister Gigante

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

^Sister Gigant is an adult and talk show host. Her show is where Tres Magia and a disguised Enormeeta had an idol contest. It's where Loco started to embrace her exhibitionist tendencies.

joined Aug 10, 2016

^Sister Gigant is an adult and talk show host. Her show is where Tres Magia and a disguised Enormeeta had an idol contest. It's where Loco started to embrace her exhibitionist tendencies.

it could be a reverse of Lord's situation where its actually a young girl staying transformed and pretending to be an adult, and the talk show is her still transformed but using some kind of magic to camouflage herself.

Baiser_ugly_flower
joined Nov 26, 2022

Update: Hidive got the streaming rights!

Edit: Looks like they got the uncensored version!

last edited at Jan 3, 2024 1:40PM

joined Oct 2, 2021

Random filler arc/OVA bait. At least it was only 2 chapters.

I was gonna skip reading the filler chapters but honestly it was pretty entertaining.

I never skip the filler chapters, because they serve as a valuable palate cleanser for the longer, plot-heavy story arcs focusing on Vena's manipulations. Heavy scenes like Baiser going berserk hit so much harder when you know the characters involved all have preciously light-hearted sides to them.

I concur. Not like we're working with some Fighting Shonen style filler where the arcs are longer than whole series xD A little 2 chapters of light-hearted downtime after some big revelations or heavy impacts can hardly be described as "filler" imo.

To be honest , while I like the shonen style fighting arcs, I enjoy the slice of life chapters more, ( fillers they are not ).

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

On the mahou shoujo side, there are 6 people with La Verità mode enabled, on the evil side there are only 5 people, 2 people don't have La Verità, 1 person has 2 forms of La Verità, Baiser is hacked, and Alice doesn't need La Verità and is also superior to the other side. That's why both sides keep fighting but the mahou shoujo side doesn't win many matches

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

On the mahou shoujo side, there are 6 people with La Verità mode enabled, on the evil side there are only 5 people, 2 people don't have La Verità, 1 person has 2 forms of La Verità, Baiser is hacked, and Alice doesn't need La Verità and is also superior to the other side. That's why both sides keep fighting but the mahou shoujo side doesn't win many matches

Honestly, Utena's group has been stronger and better organized from very early on. The main reason why Tres Magia still exist is that Baiser's entire raison d'être is to spank them until they level up. Had she possessed an ounce of true evil overlord ambition, they would all be dead or depowered within a few days.

joined May 29, 2021

First episode of the anime was fun. Surprised to see actual nudity in it as opposed to the manga which always stops just shy of it. They seemingly aren’t toning it down for broadcast.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

The anime is glorious. What a time to be alive.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

I actually thought Michi and Randa were living in an abandoned asylum what with all those square plates on the walls and floor. I guess that's just what shitty apartments look like in japan?

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

it aired and i was flabbergasted like it's already january? crazy

also the tiles aren't shitty apartment I think, the toxic ex violin guy from Given lives in one of those tiled basement-looking apartments and he's rich

last edited at Jan 3, 2024 11:16PM

Fdsfdfsfsdfgwwefdsz426445-min-min
joined Aug 2, 2019

Just saw the first episode and the fact the ANIME version is uncensored has me speechless. Boy, is everyone in for a ride.

joined Sep 9, 2023

Apparently we don't even have the fully uncensored version, as that is being held back for the blu-ray releases. Like, what else there to show? Below-belt nudity? On-screen penetration? Just a shame the best places to discuss it are tearing itself apart over the content matter.

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies
joined Jul 27, 2018

Apparently we don't even have the fully uncensored version, as that is being held back for the blu-ray releases. Like, what else there to show? Below-belt nudity? On-screen penetration? Just a shame the best places to discuss it are tearing itself apart over the content matter.

The HiDive release is fully uncensored, if you can find it. Some anime streaming sites have it and it's great!

And yes, several places on Reddit are already well on their way to all-out wars over show. So far today I've been called a paedophile about 30 time, called an immoral rape apologist about 15 times, and told to unalive myself so many times I lost count, just for floating the idea that nobody has a gun to people's head, forcing them to watch the show.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I'm surprised you came out of that without being called nazi too, twitter must be pretty much the same and yeah I did expect such reaction from the usual places... But you know what's the worst part? they'll be back as soon as ep02 comes out so is not worth anyone's time to argue with such hypocrites

joined May 29, 2021

Huh, it's weird you guys are running into that. I checked the official reddit thread for episode one and saw surprisingly little negativity. I checked twitter too and had to really dig to find anyone complaining about it. Then again, there wasn't a TON of discussion about it to begin with.

Fairy of the Gilded Lilies
joined Jul 27, 2018

It was kind of a good reception on Reddit... Up until the tourists/vanilla crowd realised how old the girls were and it kind of went to shit after that!

joined Sep 9, 2023

The HiDive release is fully uncensored, if you can find it. Some anime streaming sites have it and it's great!

https://epicstream.com/article/gushing-over-magical-girls-anime-uncensored-version-release

There's three versions, HiDive has the middle-ground AT-X version. The fully uncensored version is Blu-Ray exclusive and hasn't been released yet.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

But you know what's the worst part? they'll be back as soon as ep02 comes out so is not worth anyone's time to argue with such hypocrites

Probably not? I don't think most people complaining have even seen the first episode, never mind being likely to keep up with it

There's three versions, HiDive has the middle-ground AT-X version. The fully uncensored version is Blu-Ray exclusive and hasn't been released yet.

Specifically, the audio is apparently slightly censored. I'm not really sure how this works, since there wasn't anything obviously off in the streaming version

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't think most people complaining have even seen the first episode, never mind being likely to keep up with it

When has that ever stopped anyone from complaining regardless?

Untitled-compressed
joined Jun 5, 2023

What is the official English title of this manga? On the wiki, the title is Gushing over Magical Girls, in the anime OP, it's I admire magical girls, and..., and on here it's Looking Up to Magical Girls

Suisoh1el
joined Jul 14, 2021

Gushing over Magical Girls

Official English

I admire magical girls, and...

Official Japanese kewl wordz

Looking Up to Magical Girls

Fan translation English

Tumblr_24802e33b3a7c7207350bfcbe1812e97_fa8a6f08_128
joined May 26, 2022

Specifically, the audio is apparently slightly censored. I'm not really sure how this works, since there wasn't anything obviously off in the streaming version

This week's episode just played music during the blindfold sequence, so I guess the full version would have some voice work there.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

This week's episode just played music during the blindfold sequence, so I guess the full version would have some voice work there.

Correct, Ononaka confirmed this on his twitter.

To reply you must either login or sign up.