Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

That's some of the lewdest hand holding I've ever seen!

In public! [gasps, reaches for fainting couch]

Kokosara Truther
joined Feb 23, 2023

This chapter felt incredibly intimate. Really impressed, actually.

Ava-min
joined Dec 8, 2022

It seems like the threat of Koga potentially moving away is creating some pressure for both of them to quickly become aware of their feelings, and to express them more openly.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

This chapter felt incredibly intimate. Really impressed, actually.

That hand-holding was worth a thousand words.

Kgprv5p
joined Aug 28, 2016

i really want an anime of this series!!! but idk if they could license the music ;o;

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

i really want an anime of this series!!! but idk if they could license the music ;o;

I feel like there's not enough content for a full series right now with how short the chapters are. Maybe an animated movie adaptation?

Daughter of Hel
joined Sep 29, 2022

I’m sorry we’re misunderstanding each other. Your argument was that “Koga doesn't value Aya in the same way, and I don't mean like she's in love or not, just does not care enough about her.”

That’s what I’m arguing against—romantic or not, their relationship is not (yet) of a nature where Koga’s failure to tell Aya about the offer to move says anything at all about how much Koga “cares” about or “values” Aya. Certainly they have different attitudes about the subject—one has to make a decision and the other one fears being left behind.

Your original statement (the one I just quoted) absolutely implies that Aya cares more for Koga than Koga does for Aya, an idea that the entire chapter contradicts.

Okay, we can agree to disagree, I think the chapter shows it, that's just how I felt while reading, not making a post-reading analysis, you think it does not. That's it then, debate settled

It's worth mentioning that Koga not telling Aya does not mean that Koga thinks Aya doesn't deserve to know, or that she doesn't want to tell her.

It's very possible, I would say even probable, that she doesn't know what she wants to do.

Kanna said she came to steal Mitsuki away to America. We know, and Mitsuki probably knows, that this is actually an attempt to get back together with Joe, who isn't going to move without Mitsuki. She isn't an idiot, she is probably aware of the fact that her uncle, who she cherishes, gave up the love of his life to give her stability and care, and it has probably occurred to her that if she were to move to the US, her uncle would be happier. That's a pretty good reason to consider going regardless of what's going on with Aya. Mitsuki is also very interested in western music, and probably culture in general. Going to the US probably sounds like a pretty cool opportunity.

But she's also aware of her feelings for Aya and the budding thing that's building up between them. Choosing to stay or go isn't a simple decision, but some part of it has to feel to her like choosing between her own happiness and her uncle's. He knows that, too, which is why he makes a point to tell her that he doesn't regret staying at all. So she doesn't know what to do, so she's doing what she does and stewing about it internally until she makes a decision.

Right on mate!

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

Bonding emotionally through listening to The Shins? Kanna must have moved to New Jersey, because this is just like Garden State

342713096_945190890232560_6363820535049258469_n
joined Mar 18, 2023

Its amazing that the speed is this slow yet we still follow the chapters without getting bored.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

C'mon admit that you are gay already bruhhh

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

Hmmmm yes hand holding ....

It's all coming together....

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

First it's refrigerators, then it's public handholding.

joined Jan 3, 2020

This is gonna be one of those series where their first kiss is in the airport when she's waving goodbye, right?

That does feel like where this is headed.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

mitsukis smashing pumpkins t shirt <3 love this manga

Pfp2%20(3)
joined Apr 26, 2022

one of the yuri of all time

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

But she's also aware of her feelings for Aya and the budding thing that's building up between them. Choosing to stay or go isn't a simple decision, but some part of it has to feel to her like choosing between her own happiness and her uncle's. He knows that, too, which is why he makes a point to tell her that he doesn't regret staying at all. So she doesn't know what to do, so she's doing what she does and stewing about it internally until she makes a decision.

This tbh. The subtext is very rich and up to interpretation in this chapter, but I think Koga's lack of assuaging points to her still trying to work things out. She doesn't want to say anything she doesn't mean, make promises she can't keep. All she can do is affirm her love and hold Aya's hand, trying to let her know that she cares.

I relate to Koga in the lack of explicit communication and the stewing more than I'd like.
But omg they're holding hands omg!!!

last edited at Jul 13, 2023 3:14AM

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Aya taking her chance to be the cool one :)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

B-But I thought we here were the Watching Over MitsuAya Squad?!? Was it all a lie?

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 5:09AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Major Aya-cool attack.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

In the twitter, on the last panel Narita has "4649".

I am in no way questioning the translation, I'm just curious how that number equates to "pleased to join you"?

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I am in no way questioning the translation, I'm just curious how that number equates to "pleased to join you"?

4649 = yon-roku-shi-kyu = yoroshiku

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

My guess it's about how the numbers are read.

4 = shi (on reading) / yon (kun reading)
6 = roku
9 = ku/kyuu

so 4649 can be pronounced as "yoroshiku" for which the translation is accurate.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

They even have an official pairing name now, sweet :⁠-⁠P Also, Okinawa pretty much guarantees a beach/swimsuit chapter, which you just know is going to be funny with Mitsuki around . Well, painful for her, funny for us :P

last edited at Jul 16, 2023 9:00AM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

There goes my hero

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Mitsuki is so real

To reply you must either login or sign up.