Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

"I guess I'll just settle for the fridge you bought" That line killed me, in a good way.

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

YESSSSSS LET GOOOOOOOO

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

FJKDFUJDIDJDHEGBDGDKDI

T . T

Too cute

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So they want a baby? Because that hand thing is how you get babies.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Daaaaaaw that was so freaking cute ♥️ The lilies are blooming folks!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Considering how little Mitsuki blushes or shows her feelings, I thought the implication was that she wasn't there yet with Aya, But maybe she's just private about it and is aware of what's happening between them, cause that handholding at the end there suggested as much. Which is just lovely.

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

"I guess I'll just settle for the fridge you bought" That line killed me, in a good way.

Lol same… I guess agreeing on the fridge is low key moving in proposal lol

Awww this chapter feels a little melancholic… I feel Aya’s loneliness when she says she feels like Koga will move away without telling her… and how Koga reciprocates her feelings through music… i wonder if Aya also got that signal…

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

hand holding = 3rd base

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Oof this chapter broke my heart, mainly because I've been in this kind of relationship lately, where I care about the other but it's not the same the other way around and this is exactly how it feels with these two, like Koga doesn't value Aya in the same way, and I don't mean like she's in love or not, just does not care enough about her

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

I haven't read the update yet because I went directly to the comments to go "Haha, Gravitation!"
Why was BL anime during like 2000-2004 trying so hard to do weird art house stuff?
And why was the only yuri anime just Yamibou (which basically just removed the eroge protagonist and substituted the girls variously) and KnM????

Edit: OH MY GOD THEYRE SO PWECIOUS.. LITTLE BABIES WAWA GOOGOO CUTE COOOCOOO THE LITTLE PINKIESH TEHE

last edited at Jul 9, 2023 2:08PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oof this chapter broke my heart, mainly because I've been in this kind of relationship lately, where I care about the other but it's not the same the other way around and this is exactly how it feels with these two, like Koga doesn't value Aya in the same way, and I don't mean like she's in love or not, just does not care enough about her

I really do not understand how this chapter can be read as Koga not valuing Aya, or as showing that Aya cares more about Koga than vice-versa.

• These two don’t usually talk so as to spell out their feelings explicitly; everything is implicit or suggested by their actions.

• They understand that what happened in the Joe-Kanna relationship is a possible model for what might happen with them.

So this time Aya voices her anxiety about Koga suddenly leaving (but protects herself by pretending to take it back with the “just kidding”).

Seeing that Aya is actually worried, Koga then reaches out and takes her hand by the pinky (in one of the few obviously intentional “tactile moments” in the series—IOW, not something that can be mistaken as an accident or as “neutral” touching).

I thought the chapter was pretty clear: Aya is more verbal than Koga, but they’re both on the same page about being connected to each other.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The "Caring is creepy" is echoing the last sentence of the previous chapter: "thinking about what's precious to you, that's scary as hell I guess".

Ie, Kanna envisioned how her relationship with Joe and kid Mitsuki, which was precious, would end when she leaves for the U.S. and that was scary. But she ended up choosing to leave anyway.

So, Aya and Mitsuki understand that what happened with Joe and Kanna can happen to them too. Even without "going abroad", relationships born in school are fleeting and can end just like that, no matter how precious these moments were.

joined Apr 25, 2020

I really do not understand how this chapter can be read as Koga not valuing Aya, or as showing that Aya cares more about Koga than vice-versa.

• These two don’t usually talk so as to spell out their feelings explicitly; everything is implicit or suggested by their actions.

• They understand that what happened in the Joe-Kanna relationship is a possible model for what might happen with them.

So this time Aya voices her anxiety about Koga suddenly leaving (but protects herself by pretending to take it back with the “just kidding”).

Seeing that Aya is actually worried, Koga then reaches out and takes her hand by the pinky (in one of the few obviously intentional “tactile moments” in the series—IOW, not something that can be mistaken as an accident or as “neutral” touching).

I thought the chapter was pretty clear: Aya is more verbal than Koga, but they’re both on the same page about being connected to each other.

I mean, Koga knows whatever her name is came to take her to the U.S, and knows that Aya is suspicious of it and you can see she didn't tell her anything about it, like it's not her business or she will not be affected by her leaving, that's what I mean. It's not about what's being implicitly told, it's about the facts and you can see she didn't tell her about her "aunt" intentions

Easypart
joined May 28, 2014

Just holding pinkies is safe sex. More or less

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

At the very least this chapter was heavy on the subtext.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I mean, Koga knows whatever her name is came to take her to the U.S, and knows that Aya is suspicious of it and you can see she didn't tell her anything about it, like it's not her business or she will not be affected by her leaving, that's what I mean. It's not about what's being implicitly told, it's about the facts and you can see she didn't tell her about her "aunt" intentions

That's just you projecting into the story. In a very real way the aunt's offer is not Aya's business, at least not yet. If and when Koga makes a decision about going or staying would be the appropriate time to tell Aya.

That's a major point of the chapter. These two are not an official couple, and Aya is hinting around about what it might be like if they were an actual couple--hence the "buying a fridge" hypothetical. You seem to be going out of your way to put Koga in the wrong here and ignoring the actual (very ambiguous and unstated) nature of their current relationship.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Oh my the finger holding, I think feelings are starting to get conveyed even if it's only a little bit so far.

joined Apr 25, 2020

That's just you projecting into the story. In a very real way the aunt's offer is not Aya's business, at least not yet. If and when Koga makes a decision about going or staying would be the appropriate time to tell Aya.

That's a major point of the chapter. These two are not an official couple, and Aya is hinting around about what it might be like if they were an actual couple--hence the "buying a fridge" hypothetical. You seem to be going out of your way to put Koga in the wrong here and ignoring the actual (very ambiguous and unstated) nature of their current relationship.

You're taking this in a whole different direction than my first statement, I never talked about couples, romantic relationships or mutual feelings, in fact I don't care about that at all, all I care is about what each of them believes the other deserves to know in their ACTUAL relationship, that being friendship. Aya is trying to extract the information that Koga either thinks is none of her business or intentionally does not want to let her know. So you can see how they feel different about the same thing, Aya wants to know and even knows Koga does not want to tell her (that's why she tries to extract the info like that) and Koga avoids talking about the matter, even though she knows Aya is talking about THAT, by playing along with the fridge metaphor.
So no, I'm not projecting, you're projecting your romantic stuff into what I said previously.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You're taking this in a whole different direction than my first statement, I never talked about couples, romantic relationships or mutual feelings, in fact I don't care about that at all, all I care is about what each of them believes the other deserves to know in their ACTUAL relationship, that being friendship. Aya is trying to extract the information that Koga either thinks is none of her business or intentionally does not want to let her know. So you can see how they feel different about the same thing, Aya wants to know and even knows Koga does not want to tell her (that's why she tries to extract the info like that) and Koga avoids talking about the matter, even though she knows Aya is talking about THAT, by playing along with the fridge metaphor.
So no, I'm not projecting, you're projecting your romantic stuff into what I said previously.

I’m sorry we’re misunderstanding each other. Your argument was that “Koga doesn't value Aya in the same way, and I don't mean like she's in love or not, just does not care enough about her.”

That’s what I’m arguing against—romantic or not, their relationship is not (yet) of a nature where Koga’s failure to tell Aya about the offer to move says anything at all about how much Koga “cares” about or “values” Aya. Certainly they have different attitudes about the subject—one has to make a decision and the other one fears being left behind.

Your original statement (the one I just quoted) absolutely implies that Aya cares more for Koga than Koga does for Aya, an idea that the entire chapter contradicts.

joined Apr 25, 2020

I’m sorry we’re misunderstanding each other. Your argument was that “Koga doesn't value Aya in the same way, and I don't mean like she's in love or not, just does not care enough about her.”

That’s what I’m arguing against—romantic or not, their relationship is not (yet) of a nature where Koga’s failure to tell Aya about the offer to move says anything at all about how much Koga “cares” about or “values” Aya. Certainly they have different attitudes about the subject—one has to make a decision and the other one fears being left behind.

Your original statement (the one I just quoted) absolutely implies that Aya cares more for Koga than Koga does for Aya, an idea that the entire chapter contradicts.

Okay, we can agree to disagree, I think the chapter shows it, that's just how I felt while reading, not making a post-reading analysis, you think it does not. That's it then, debate settled

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Okay, we can agree to disagree, I think the chapter shows it, that's just how I felt while reading, not making a post-reading analysis, you think it does not. That's it then, debate settled

It's worth mentioning that Koga not telling Aya does not mean that Koga thinks Aya doesn't deserve to know, or that she doesn't want to tell her.

It's very possible, I would say even probable, that she doesn't know what she wants to do.

Kanna said she came to steal Mitsuki away to America. We know, and Mitsuki probably knows, that this is actually an attempt to get back together with Joe, who isn't going to move without Mitsuki. She isn't an idiot, she is probably aware of the fact that her uncle, who she cherishes, gave up the love of his life to give her stability and care, and it has probably occurred to her that if she were to move to the US, her uncle would be happier. That's a pretty good reason to consider going regardless of what's going on with Aya. Mitsuki is also very interested in western music, and probably culture in general. Going to the US probably sounds like a pretty cool opportunity.

But she's also aware of her feelings for Aya and the budding thing that's building up between them. Choosing to stay or go isn't a simple decision, but some part of it has to feel to her like choosing between her own happiness and her uncle's. He knows that, too, which is why he makes a point to tell her that he doesn't regret staying at all. So she doesn't know what to do, so she's doing what she does and stewing about it internally until she makes a decision.

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

oHH MYYGoooDDddd!!!!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

hand holding = 3rd base

The transfer of DNA at its' finest.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

That's some of the lewdest hand holding I've ever seen!

Kyouko
joined Dec 30, 2017

First is hand holding then marriage, come on we all learned this from WfM

To reply you must either login or sign up.