Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

So, will their had time to embrace each other?
Like a good memory as Shizuma had with Kaori

joined Oct 27, 2018

Y'know, I really like how Kaori is portrayed, tbh I didn't like her at first, but with the context of her illness I actually think she may be the best written ill girl I've ever seen. Most Ill girl characters are so exaggeratedly perfect and only exist to serve the protagonist, Kaori appears this way at first, this is an intentional act on her part, but the way it's gone into her motives and we slowly get to see that she's just a scared kid desperately trying to find a way to cope with her situation is good stuff.

Tumblr_mjhd0biux71qm2znqo4_400
joined Sep 28, 2015

My silly little heart just keeps breaking more and more apart with every chapter

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Another yuri story based on lies...And pretending to date gross

joined Feb 3, 2019

When I finished reading the first chapter of this I was like "I know this manga will destroy me", and after reading the latest chapter, yep, I was right.

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

this manga is an embodiment of depressing as fck tag..........

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This chapter felt like the author was speaking directly to us readers ;_;

Takodachi_slime_bocchi_by_walkman0_dg1rfr9-pre
joined Feb 18, 2021

Sense of impending doom

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I swear, if they'll ever make this an anime, i'm gonna cry.

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Just one more chapter in this volume. I guess this will be it. Shizuku's novel gets an ending, maybe there'll be a confession, and then Kaori's death.

Like all good stories, I definitely don't want this story to end, but it probably has to. Not sure if my heart could take five more chapters after the next.

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Kaori is right, even if it's not a happy ending, as long as the characters are content, it's fine.

joined Jan 11, 2022

This hurts. I really enjoy the mix of "Oh shit a new chapter is out, I'm going to feel sad" and "This is such a good manga" when I see the upload.

Thanks for the translation!

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Didn't feel good, so she decided to share her story on the Internet. Ouch... There was no way that was gonna end well.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Just one more chapter in this volume. I guess this will be it. Shizuku's novel gets an ending, maybe there'll be a confession, and then Kaori's death.

Like all good stories, I definitely don't want this story to end, but it probably has to. Not sure if my heart could take five more chapters after the next.

Is this really the last volume? Don't they usually say ahead of time if the next chapter is the last chapter of the series?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That does explain a lot. And now we have something special to look forward to again.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This hurts. I really enjoy the mix of "Oh shit a new chapter is out, I'm going to feel sad" and "This is such a good manga" when I see the upload.

Same. There's this feeling that's between dread and excited expectation that is haunting.

In any case, a fantastic chapter. The detailed story behind Shizuku's past was incredibly touching and far too close for comfort. I also love the explicit distinction between a happy ending and one in which the characters are content and can move on. I'm hoping and somewhat expecting that this entails a proper confession. Please.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

i might have cried a little

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Day ruined

joined Jan 3, 2020

I wonder if the author is going to do the "she's already dead" thing, where Shizuku pours her heart into the novel and finishes it and then rushes back to the hospital to find that Kaori died earlier that day.

Is this really the last volume? Don't they usually say ahead of time if the next chapter is the last chapter of the series?

This is the last volume. The author announced that Volume 6 would be the last one ahead of time.

The logical conclusion is that we have 1 more chapter left and maybe an epilogue if we're lucky.

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 10:20AM

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

BTW, sensei announced in advance that volume 6 will be a thicker volume, so there might still be at least 2 chapters left.

On the last page of last month's YuriHime, there's no "climax chapter" indication for KimiTsuzu, so I'm leaning toward 2.

But yes ... it surely going to come to a conclusion sooner than later.

last edited at Oct 1, 2023 11:26AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's a bit tiresome that they're still dancing around the issue with basically no time left for anything. The doubly-fictional characters in Shizuku's novel might be "satisfied", but leaving the confession for the last minute or hour before Kaori dies is the opposite of satisfying, and more like twisting the knife for its own sake. You're telling me Shizuku has no reason to regret not confessing while they were alone on the beach, or now in the hospital? Confessing through the novel sounds cute on its own, but not when it's this late.

Alternatively, is Yuama, or someone at Ichijinsha, that desperately afraid that people would stop reading this series if the leads became a couple one or two chapters before the finale? Would all the tension and conflict have evaporated instantly if they had kissed in this chapter, or the one before?

Don't get me wrong, I still appreciate this story as it is, for many reasons. I really liked Shizuku reflecting on and telling Kaori about the history of her web novel. I'm just frustrated with how the romantic development is paced.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Sense of impending doom

Not so much "sense" of impending doom when the characters are saying flat out "probably not long now".

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

That's exactly how I feel about this. I'm torn between "What happens next?" and "Please stop breaking my heart."

1478_nogirlsallowed
joined Oct 26, 2018

I’m calling it, she’s gonna die before she reads the ending

joined Mar 10, 2013

I’m calling it, she’s gonna die before she reads the ending

Relax, the manga literally just said it was important to have closure even if it wasn't happy. It won't troll you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.