Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

You can vote for Anemone in the Next Manga Awards here: https://tsugimanga.jp/en/nominate2023-comics/

Unfortunately, that requires twatter or buttbook, so no voting for me.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Is it normal for the part where you have to suck it up and get over it re: unrequited love to be so melodramatic? Like damn it really isn't that big of a deal.

I mean, I've been like the lesbian best friend character in a straight shoujo manga at all times since I was a tiny child so maybe my standards are a bit skewed. But... this would be a lot less stressful to read if the characters didn't act like putting up with having romantic feelings for someone who's taken is the worst thing ever

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Maybe it’s not just Prez being nice though. Maybe her imperfection is she’s using Riri’s feelings for her?

Either it’s because she likes the attention and affection she’s being showered with and that’s why she’s letting it happen even if she knows she’ll never reciprocate.

I think she just doesn't want to hurt her anymore. Nanjou's told Riri "no" multiple times now and it hasn't gotten through or turned her off. Could also just be that she thought she'd just put up with it until graduation and she wouldn't have to see her anymore.

I mean Nurse likes her back but she doesn’t know that for sure and Nurse has to push her away. It’s probably only until graduation but Prez has no guarantee of Nurses feelings.

After the shrine visit in Chapter 30, I think Nanjou is at least somewhat confident that Sensei likes her back, so no reason to try and make her jealous.

We see multiple instances where Nanjou looks uncomfortable with what's going on, but she puts on a friendly face so as to not hurt Riri. I think she just doesn't know what else she can say or do that what just crush Riri. It's difficult to hurt someone you thought of as a friend.

joined May 10, 2021

I can't bring myself to hate this since Nagisa & Mashiro are so darn fucking great...
But that side drama has been going on for too long, and nothing has ever changed and it's annoying.
Just make Riri x Uda a thing and let's get back to our lovely mains (even though it'd probably spell the end of the manga?).

joined Mar 18, 2023

this side story has honestly dragged on for much longer than it should have, i hope the author can get to the end of this needless drama very soon, so that we can move onto more interesting topics and plot points.

besides that, hopefully there is more fun school events and interesting couple building exercises for the main couple to enjoy alongside their friends, without too much of the useless drama this genre relies upon getting in their way along their journey.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

besides that, hopefully there is more fun school events and interesting couple building exercises for the main couple to enjoy alongside their friends, without too much of the useless drama this genre relies upon getting in their way along their journey.

Agreed, I want to see more of them being the hot couple on campus like during the cultural festival.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

(even though it'd probably spell the end of the manga?).

I'm not so sure about that. Other flags have been raised for future focuses in the story already. I don't think this manga is ending before we get the side drama resolved, the foreshadowed character from the Cultural Festival arc properly introduced, and the mains coming out to their families only to be surprised they already knew.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

(even though it'd probably spell the end of the manga?).

I'm not so sure about that. Other flags have been raised for future focuses in the story already. I don't think this manga is ending before we get the side drama resolved, the foreshadowed character from the Cultural Festival arc properly introduced, and the mains coming out to their families only to be surprised they already knew.

We're at least getting through Nanjou's graduation and her pairing with Sensei. And not sure how much Nagisa will have to "come out" to her family. Her cousin seems to be confidently out. But yeah, their families are probably already at least somewhat aware. Mashiro's dad was even telling Nagisa that Mashiro was upset that she didn't comment on her hair style during her sleepover.

joined Aug 20, 2022

I just don't know what Riri's doing. Nanjou has told her no HOW many times? Maybe I'm misreading the situation, but even if she's being too polite, no means no, right? It sucks, but girl, you gotta move on. This isn't the 50s you can't be trying to wear down someone who's already said no until they finally say yes.

joined Aug 20, 2022

fuck it, uda x nurse now, I don't care it doesn't make sense

LMAO

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

and the mains coming out to their families only to be surprised they already knew.

"But how could you tell?! We were so subtle!"

"Honey, there's plant life that could tell."

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

You can vote for Anemone in the Next Manga Awards here: https://tsugimanga.jp/en/nominate2023-comics/

Unfortunately, that requires twatter or buttbook, so no voting for me.

Goddamn Eastern European fruit scammers hacked my Buttbook account so much that Buttbook had locked the account.

Now how am I supposed to rant about three lasses and how they should get their asses into a threeway relationship?...

...oh,I can do it here!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Is it normal for the part where you have to suck it up and get over it re: unrequited love to be so melodramatic? Like damn it really isn't that big of a deal.

I'd just like to point out that anything that is the purpose of a story is big and melodramatic, because that's the point, lol.
No, it's not a huge deal in RL - though painful, and kids are prone to melodrama, but when the romance is your whole "world" as it is when it's a story, then losing your love is the end of the "world".
It's nice to be able to have some perspective like this, because if these were the main characters, we'd be so swept up in the story, we'd see this as a bigger deal than it actually is, lol.

joined Mar 8, 2019

I think she just doesn't want to hurt her anymore. Nanjou's told Riri "no" multiple times now and it hasn't gotten through or turned her off. Could also just be that she thought she'd just put up with it until graduation and she wouldn't have to see her anymore.

After the shrine visit in Chapter 30, I think Nanjou is at least somewhat confident that Sensei likes her back, so no reason to try and make her jealous.

We see multiple instances where Nanjou looks uncomfortable with what's going on, but she puts on a friendly face so as to not hurt Riri. I think she just doesn't know what else she can say or do that what just crush Riri. It's difficult to hurt someone you thought of as a friend.

I think that too. I’m probably just making it more complicated than it has to be. This manga has always been simple, direct, and not as angsty as others.

I think we're likely going to delve into the reason why Prez is so “nice” on her POV chapter.

Arisu%20avatar
joined Jan 30, 2017

because if these were the main characters, we'd be so swept up in the story, we'd see this as a bigger deal than it actually is, lol

I do love how this mango and Whispering both use the "main" couple for the fluff, while having melodramatic unrequited love polygons for the other characters.

It makes it easier to just sit back and enjoy the drama. This whole arc is great, but I would drop a manga where Nanjou's attempts to stay emotionally chained to her groomer was the selling point.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

^ Listen, while there's definitely a big age gap and this is a case of someone who fell in love with an adult when she herself was a minor, I think calling the Prez x Nurse ship grooming is at least a bit of a stretch.

joined Apr 28, 2019

omfg just leave Nanjou alone!!! she said no multiple times. I dislike characters that can't take the damn hint!!

644a9551982db70ad739d195df9452e7
joined Mar 7, 2021

Nanjou's conduct conduct with Riri is so weird now considering how clearly she had refused her earlier. I feel like both nanjou and Riri are taking actions that in the end are only going to hurt Riri.

Also in general it's frustrating because the last few chapters are either retconing how strong of a refusal nanjou gave her or completely pointless.

joined Aug 8, 2021

This is getting annoying. Wth

4825dbbf-266a-42cd-a88b-34a30c1f7471
joined Apr 16, 2021

uda is so real…

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

What the hell are their uniforms so damn fashionable for? I'm so mad rn

Old_Man_Majes
Old%20man%20prof
joined Oct 25, 2022

Aw, what a delightful chapter.

"It's fine if you don't get used to me being around." Damn Nagisa, even laid up with the flu she can't stop flirting.

PineconeJuice
Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

This chapter was delightful. Although I do hope we can get to see those two celebrate the missed birthday.

As for Uda side stuff, I can guarantee that people would see this whole ordeal (and characters involved) differently if we didn't see it from various perspectives. Unless, of course, you don't care about the side thing at all. Which is understandable in its own right.
I wouldn't call it pointless either. Pointless drama to me is when a situation can be easily solved by, for example, communication. Something that older manga's had quite a lot. This is just a stalemate that can be resolved in time. By Prez graduating which I assume will happen soon in the manga. So we might either get a Prez perspective on the whole thing or a conclusion... Either that or just move to the next step if Riri won't move on and starts stalking the (then) ex-Prez. For now, we just have a bunch of frustrated teenagers. Each for a different reason.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

What the hell are their uniforms so damn fashionable for? I'm so mad rn

They really do have no business being that stylish, damn xD

To reply you must either login or sign up.