Forum › Ayaka is in Love with Hiroko! discussion

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

People, I understand some things might need to more clear for those of us who are more literal but there is no need for this to escalate so much...

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

People, I understand some things might need to more clear for those of us who are more literal but there is no need for this to escalate so much...

Very true but that ship seems to have sailed, unfortunately. Just gotta trudge through it, and I'm not replying to those anymore. Lol After the family comment with little response, I got it.

.I hope she can find someone who is a good match for her

That large woman at the bar nearly strangled her last time. She'd be popular there.

last edited at Jun 17, 2023 2:32PM

Bingbong
joined Mar 1, 2022

risa deserves someone who will love her in return

joined Jun 11, 2023

of course it's sal jiang

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, those who wanted Ayaka to get together with Risa instead got what they wanted, and that ended as badly as expected.

joined Jun 11, 2023

lol risa was too pushy

joined Jun 11, 2023

poor ayaka :(

Eri
joined Aug 30, 2020

God, I love it when things get messier.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Talk about meta-discussion: All these people indignant that anyone would dare say that Risa is nicer and they don't like Hiroko. I'm not sure what the problem is with this? It's a valid form of discussion of the story. The notion that a reader might like Risa better doesn't mean that's the only way this story should go. The love triangle is still a part of the story, and therefore still worthy of being discussed.

I... don't think it's exactly a love triangle tbh. I think this chapter kind of solidifies Risa is being rejected. People can like whoever they want I just don't think it will happen and people will be disappointed and criticize the story, maybe I'm wrong so I'm sorry. Anyway these are just our opinions. Anyone can say whatever they want which is why I asked people what ideas they have about an Ayaka×Risa endgame.
Also, dare I say I find Risa kind of self righteous? Jk jk Hope she gets her happy ending with someone else :)

It is a love triangle in the sense that this term is typically used. Asymmetrical setups like A <=> B <= C (e.g. Yuu, Touko, and Sayaka in Bloom into You) are referred to as love triangles all the time, despite the graph not resembling a triangle at all. I also can't think of a shorthand that works better and is as easily understood.

joined Mar 8, 2014

I mean I guess you're right but not in the sense of like Twilight love triangle where the main girl is in between two people and doesn't know which one to choose.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Talk about meta-discussion: All these people indignant that anyone would dare say that Risa is nicer and they don't like Hiroko. I'm not sure what the problem is with this? It's a valid form of discussion of the story. The notion that a reader might like Risa better doesn't mean that's the only way this story should go. The love triangle is still a part of the story, and therefore still worthy of being discussed.

I... don't think it's exactly a love triangle tbh. I think this chapter kind of solidifies Risa is being rejected. People can like whoever they want I just don't think it will happen and people will be disappointed and criticize the story, maybe I'm wrong so I'm sorry. Anyway these are just our opinions. Anyone can say whatever they want which is why I asked people what ideas they have about an Ayaka×Risa endgame.
Also, dare I say I find Risa kind of self righteous? Jk jk Hope she gets her happy ending with someone else :)

It is a love triangle in the sense that this term is typically used. Asymmetrical setups like A <=> B <= C (e.g. Yuu, Touko, and Sayaka in Bloom into You) are referred to as love triangles all the time, despite the graph not resembling a triangle at all. I also can't think of a shorthand that works better and is as easily understood.

Right. As TV Tropes says, “It’s three people, love, and decisions.”

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LoveTriangle

joined Aug 11, 2014

I mean I guess you're right but not in the sense of like Twilight love triangle where the main girl is in between two people and doesn't know which one to choose.

I mean, this actually resembles the Twilight triangle pretty close, in the sense that the aloof older love interest runs away and leaves the central character in despair, while the younger love interest tries to fill the gap and gets a bit pushy despite being clearly turned down several times already. It's a surprisingly close parallel when I think about it. Hopefully the similarities end there, lmao.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I mean, this actually resembles the Twilight triangle pretty close, in the sense that the aloof older love interest runs away and leaves the central character in despair, while the younger love interest tries to fill the gap and gets a bit pushy despite being clearly turned down several times already. It's a surprisingly close parallel when I think about it. Hopefully the similarities end there, lmao.

What, you don't want Risa to fall for Ayaka and Hiroko's newborn science baby? :P

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Damn everyone who left an Ayaka x Risa comment must be reeling right now lol

reeling
-___-
yep

last edited at Jun 17, 2023 3:22PM

KatzeDerNacht
08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Very true but that ship seems to have sailed, unfortunately. Just gotta trudge through it, and I'm not replying to those anymore. Lol After the family comment with little response, I got it.

.I hope she can find someone who is a good match for her

That large woman at the bar nearly strangled her last time. She'd be popular there.

Lol, I know!! I like the idea of Risa being happy and for some reason now I care more about her cos I know HiroAya is gonna be endgame now.

joined Mar 8, 2014

What, you don't want Risa to fall for Ayaka and Hiroko's newborn science baby? :P

Hahahaha I'm dying XD

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Was this plotline axed? I get a feeling like somebody told Sal Jiang to rush through this arc and move to the next posthaste - to try and salvage the story.

last edited at Jun 17, 2023 3:42PM

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

Today is a sad day. Risa just date me bro

joined Dec 30, 2018

Author rlly did fuck Risa up just so Hiroko has a chance lord

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Was this plotline axed? I get a feeling like somebody told Sal Jiang to rush through this arc and move to the next posthaste - to try and salvage the story.

Ikr, where the angst?? I feel we were robbed of the "Awww poor baybees!" that we rightfully deserved!

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I randomly skipped over this but 28 pages of comments kinda made wanna check it out and... it's okay I guess :P

Anyway, since Risa is apparently a hot topic :P I can't help but think there's some weird discrepancy here - in Risa's flashback, they're both presented as kind of outsiders in their group at work and they basically bond over that... but in Ayaka/Hiroko flashback, Risa appears pretty well integrated in the team already and it's just Ayaka who's the odd one out with Hiroko helping her. ...so I dunno, either I misread these, or the author did something weird.

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Ikr, where the angst?? I feel we were robbed of the "Awww poor baybees!" that we rightfully deserved!

They should've had at least one date at the lesbian bar. Interact with the older ladies and get us some commentary from experienced lesbians about the way they're dealing with their problems. I suspect the editor told the author to stop playing around and go back to formula asap.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Personally I think this all makes perfect sense lol. Sal jiang writes the stories I always wanted to read^^

joined Jul 21, 2020

Didn't work very well then lmao. One more vol and it's over.

Png-clipart-mega-man-x-mega-man-zero-2-mega-man-zero-collection-mega-man-bass-others-miscellaneous-video-game
joined Dec 18, 2021

They should've had at least one date at the lesbian bar. Interact with the older ladies and get us some commentary from experienced lesbians about the way they're dealing with their problems.

I agree that the lesbian bar isn't being used enough. Saving it for Hiroko only isn't justified anymore.

To reply you must either login or sign up.