Forum › The Engagement of the Disgraced Witch and the Cross-Dressing Princess discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

It's familiar sure but I definitely enjoyed the start, it's fun and I'm looking forward to more. Thanks for the translation! <3

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Especially with the crossdressing, a trope you see a lot in het or bl but not with yuri so much.

Is it actually crossdressing? The sounds coming from the room (and the bitching about a problem "always with her pelvis") make me think it's some kind of genderbending magic. Transforming a woman's pelvis into a man's pelvis and back would be undeniably one of the most tricky parts.

Psh, you clearly haven't bumped your ass into random furniture while changing your clothes before and it shows

Classy-Nessi
23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

Just give ya gurl Eve some love and care, Ciel!

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

I just want to read one of these where the childhood friend is loyal. You grew up together, sheesh.

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

MagiRevo at home:

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

while it's true that it feels like this villainess setup is now even more of a cliche than the thing it's parodying, at least her identity was revealed straight away as i was a bit worried there would be a long and equally cliche misunderstanding plot. overall it was quite well done and the cross-dressing is a new wrinkle, so i'll definitely see where this goes!

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Especially with the crossdressing, a trope you see a lot in het or bl but not with yuri so much.

Is it actually crossdressing? The sounds coming from the room (and the bitching about a problem "always with her pelvis") make me think it's some kind of genderbending magic. Transforming a woman's pelvis into a man's pelvis and back would be undeniably one of the most tricky parts.

Psh, you clearly haven't bumped your ass into random furniture while changing your clothes before and it shows

I don't think I'd describe bumping my rear on something as hitting my pelvis

while it's true that it feels like this villainess setup is now even more of a cliche than the thing it's parodying, at least her identity was revealed straight away as i was a bit worried there would be a long and equally cliche misunderstanding plot. overall it was quite well done and the cross-dressing is a new wrinkle, so i'll definitely see where this goes!

I think the reason she's crossdressing and how she feels about it will determine how much of a twist it is. If she's just doing it because everyone expects the next head of state to be male, and it's essentially a uniform she has to wear, then I don't think it'll change all that much.

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

I think the reason she's crossdressing and how she feels about it will determine how much of a twist it is. If she's just doing it because everyone expects the next head of state to be male, and it's essentially a uniform she has to wear, then I don't think it'll change all that much.

I did get the impression from how she acted at the end that she might somehow be ditsy enough not to know that people think she's a guy in that outfit

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

That beggining...I feel like I'm going through a deja vu

Just for lulz, I asked Bingbot to write me a poem:

Once more, the same old scene
The prince is wrathful and obscene
He slanders the villainess with wicked lies
And shatters their engagement with cold goodbyes

The audience gasps and recoils
The villainess bleeds and boils
She begs for a chance to clear her name
But all her words are in vain

I witness this spectacle repeat
I feel a pang of ennui and defeat
I've read this plot a hundred times
It never varies in its rhymes

Can't they spice up the script a little?
Can't they grant the villainess some mettle?
Can't they soften the prince's heart?
Can't they alter the story's start?

I yawn and shut the book I hold
I yearn for something fresh and bold
But I know tomorrow I'll return
To read another deja vu spurn

last edited at May 25, 2023 3:14AM

chaosOrchestrator
joined Jul 10, 2015

i like where this is going. the childhood friend seems like she's being coerced too, honestly i wonder what's going on with her.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

This is going to be great,and she wasn't even remotely a villainess,just branded as one.

And now she gets the happiness she deserves,once we found out if the pelvis aspect was magic or the crown "prince" having issues with her pants and/or her corset.

Of course,with the best maid in the land for sure.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Get yourself someone who can do both

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

the bingbot poem seems to have struggled immensely with iambic pentameter

joined May 3, 2014

I think this is the fourth or fifth series I've read with this start... looks good tho

Came here to say this. That intro has been overdone and is stupid at this point, but there could still be potential here.

since every manga out there has an generic start do you think every manga has an stupid start too? because there is not much unique manga starts out there so everything is stupid by your definition, is just generic but not stupid

last edited at May 25, 2023 5:27AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

After the fist chapter I'm mildly disappointed that we got robbed of the moment of her telling that guy to fuck off all by herself, we didn't need a cross dressing princess to do it for her :P She could have been introduced right after somehow.

last edited at May 25, 2023 5:31AM

maidenlessclaire
Rkkixs_v_400x400
joined Feb 16, 2023

MagiRevo at home:

Hahahaha.

Eh, I'm easily pleased so as long as it isn't actively boring I'm sure I'll get a kick out of it.

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

I think this is the fourth or fifth series I've read with this start... looks good tho

Came here to say this. That intro has been overdone and is stupid at this point, but there could still be potential here.

since every manga out there has an generic start do you think every manga has an stupid start too? because there is not much unique manga starts out there so everything is stupid by your definition, is just generic but not stupid

Yeah the setups are often paying homage and generic for that reason. It's not until the second chapter that I get an idea of the story's potential direction. Even more so for these types. Characters seem interesting now though and I enjoyed her little shows of magic.

last edited at May 25, 2023 6:04AM

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Is it just me or was that "prince" the least convincing cross-dresser ever? Like, they still looked 100% like a girl in their supposedly male gear.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Is it just me or was that "prince" the least convincing cross-dresser ever? Like, they still looked 100% like a girl in their supposedly male gear.

Maybe no one was brave enough to point it out to the prince of a powerful kingdom :P Basically, the king is naked, except in this variant it's that the prince is a woman (and you now, not naked :P).

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That couldn't have been more cliché and full of tropes. Generic setup, generic one dimensional characters; art is pretty generic too, setting, of course. Blergh.

"No one likes a pushy man." "I've already decided she's mine." ... fantastic writing, too.
... only mildly interesting bit is the crossdressing thing, but that's resolved right away and was ridiculously obvious anyway.

Yeah, poor first chapter.

AngelsDoNotCry
Goat-removebg-preview%20(1)%20(2)
joined May 30, 2022

There never enough disgraced villainess yuri, thanks translators for picking this up.

Pretty fun first chapter.

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

MagiRevo at home:

But Tilty is the protagonist.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Are there any villainess yuri stories where the villainess is actually fairly effed up? I mean someone like Fukiko Ichinomiya from Oniisama e. She was a seriously nasty person.

Maybe I’m weird for wanting it, but there’s nothing like the thrill of digging into the twisted psychology of a screwed up villainess. Most of these villainess stories are cute, but I abandon them ‘cuz they’re just tsunderes in fantasy settings. Not much real villainy.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The dickbag prince from every villainess manga is just the same guy trapped in infinite realities.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Hmm, perhaps I'll keep up with this one

To reply you must either login or sign up.