Forum › I Wanna Quit Being a Hitman! discussion

Lady Lamperouge
__c_c_code_geass_drawn_by_creayus__865456f1cfacc546b5861bbfed2beb26
joined Jan 22, 2023

really liked benika's Slacks+Suspenders+Dress Shirt outfit this chapter

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

As a person of faith, I really like the Priest's portrayal in this series so far. It strikes me as the kind of things I'd hear from pastors I've met in real life.

Reminds me of Father Forthill from The Dresden Files.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

As a side-note, it might be possible that Benika was adopted by Father Shirafune, rather than being his daughter from a past marriage. It has happened in the past and this is a fictional alternate reality.

joined Apr 10, 2023

The people putting labels or moral judgements on Rose's relationship to Benika feel like they're extremely jumping the gun. We don't really know much about Rose or her history but it's likely she's young and even less mentally mature in relationship matters than Benika is due to her personal history. They basically got a Bronya and Seele thing going on, except Bronya and Seele actually kiss and these two just hold hands in the park. How scandalous lmao

last edited at May 14, 2023 4:55AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah, like I feel I've watched this movie before. Where the hitman finds someone they care about and try to get it both ways.

Are you thinking of Leon: The Professional?

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

Yeah, like I feel I've watched this movie before. Where the hitman finds someone they care about and try to get it both ways.

I read somewhere that the director of that film wants Leon to be more pedophiliac but the actor rejects the idea.

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

I'm really glad Rose realized the protect option and went that way. I wasn't sure she would for a second second there

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

It's like the opposite of Calvary. "I'm going to kill a lot of people, and I don't want you to be one of them."

Too bad the higher-ups are probably tipped off now because of the almost-certainly-bugged cross.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

Here's a deep cut reference for you.

Now I know you won't refuse
Because we've got so much to do
And you got nothing more to lose
So take this number and welcome
To Operation Mindcrime
We're an undergrond revolution working overtime.

Points to anyone who gets the reference

Queensryche

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
This story reminds me of the Operation Mindcrime album. Especially the part where the hitman is ordered to kill the priest and the nun he is in love wirh.

seeing the word Operation Mindcrime is what I immediately thought of. though, I don't listen to this band that much but I recognized who it was.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I read somewhere that the director of that film wants Leon to be more pedophiliac but the actor rejects the idea.

now that's a movie I haven't seen in a long time.

joined Apr 16, 2022

this manga is moving at an impressively brisk pace

joined Aug 12, 2019

damn! she was this close to eliminating him. things are going to get complicated now.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

now i'm wondering if the priest has some covert history. it seems like he might have some knowledge of tradecraft. maybe he even worked for the same organisation and the whole religion thing is his way of doing penance?

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

Think so. But less gross

Also yeah the priest reminds me a lot about Forthill

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Tonoki Sun : "I'm stuck in the corner. Rose is about to kill the priest, which will break Benika's heart, and ruin everything. How do I stop her from making the biggest mistake of her life".
"If I can't find a way out of this, I've have to scap this whole scene, and go back to the old story board. And I'll never make my deadline".

Sun's assistant: "sir I don't have any ideas ei..."

[cell phone rings]

Sun's assistant: "sorry sir I know I promised to shut this off while we're working, but it might be important, so I'm just going to get that".

Sun's assistant into phone: "Hello".

[indistinct talking]

Sun's assistant into phone: "So what's up"?

[long period of indistinct talking]

Sun's assistant into phone: "So you just read an article, in a writing magazine, about having the main character improbably overhear one half of a phone conversation as a convenient way for the mc to get important information just in the nick of time"?

Tonoki Sun: "I just got a great idea. Get off the phone, and let's get to work. And this time shut the damned thing off".

Sun's assistant Into phone: "Look I've got to go. Later".

[indistinct talking]

[call ends]

Edited for clarity.

last edited at May 16, 2023 1:06AM

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

The thick plottens

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Saved by the Be...nika

joined May 10, 2021

Oh boy, I guess shit's about to go down.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

That was a very "convenient" chapter.

now i'm wondering if the priest has some covert history. it seems like he might have some knowledge of tradecraft.

I think the reason he feels like a civilian to her and thus wasn't instantly on her radar is just that he IS a civilian ;)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

My guess that since Rose now realizes that her confessor and Benika's dad are the same person, she has no choice but to go into a full protecc mode over him and Benika.

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Yes and no. If you think about it, she prepared to kill him after he stopped tailing her, and he called Benika when he lost her tail. She might even have specifically waited for the moment his call connected to strike so that he would be most distracted.

If anything, I'm more conflicted about the priest having such great tailing skills -- unless his past justifies those abilities.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

now i'm wondering if the priest has some covert history. it seems like he might have some knowledge of tradecraft. maybe he even worked for the same organisation and the whole religion thing is his way of doing penance?

Well we already know by now he's part or "ring of clergy conspirators", although we don't know what does that entail exactly... but maybe something like this

last edited at May 16, 2023 5:49AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yes and no.

I was referring to all those things. Daddy Priest deciding to tailing his daughter (having a GPS tracker ready too? And she's just making presents) ... he then easily deduces her daughter's lover is a refugee (I guess every single foreigner is, eh? ^^) ... and then he gets saved by making a call to his daughter which really seems unnecessary.

The only thing that'd have made this even more plot convenient is if he figured out she was the one who confessed to him regularly.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That's one way to meet your girlfriends' father.

Now for her to actually connect the dots.

To reply you must either login or sign up.