Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Type1afterthecurtaincallssoyoungregrets_sm2
joined Sep 1, 2021

Happy mother's day, Kanna.

Astraea Hill
Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

I hope we get to know more about Kanna and her background.

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

Would be very funny if she is uncle's ex-wife.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

These are the mysterious ones so far:

Honourable mention to this since no one really knows if it’s The Beatles or not.

Let it Be is kinda written there (?) and the fact it’s in the middle makes me think of the 2003 ver., the ‘Let it Be… Naked” one but I don’t trust Sumiker

Can’t really tell from the image, but isn’t it more likely to be The Replacements’ iteration of Let It Be?

Unlucky Blanky
Screenshot%202022-08-12%20060615
joined Aug 12, 2022

OH IS THAT HER MOTHER-- HOLD ON IM CONFUSED NOW--

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

There's a physical resemblance but Mitsuki wouldn't call an actual relative '' Kanna-san'', so I guess that theory is out. An old flame of her uncle maybe?

joined Apr 7, 2016

I get the feeling Kanna is a cousin or something. Maybe the uncle's biological daughter? Either that or she's a family friend that Mitsuki hung out with a lot as a kid.

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I always love the moments in manga when a character is like “EnGLiSh!?!?!????”

joined Apr 10, 2021

Is there a bigger wasted effort* than the time and money spend teaching english to japanese people in school and then the results of all that.

*if you want to be serious of course there are but

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Mmmm Idk if bite that "K + J" in last page and say/think Kanna is (Joe) Uncle' ex....Could be just that "obvious" with that, but at this point Idk hahaha I trying to avoid a Narita case again but already bite the "bad/evil vibe from her introduction" and now she is pretty chill hahaha Tho I thought it was about to be hostile to Aya honestly :p

last edited at May 14, 2023 9:36AM

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

There's a physical resemblance but Mitsuki wouldn't call an actual relative '' Kanna-san'', so I guess that theory is out. An old flame of her uncle maybe?

No real reason she wouldn't call an aunt by her name if she got used to it.

For that matter, is there any reason why all the assumptions are that she is the uncle's ex instead of current wife/lover? IIRC, there was no mention of the uncle's status so far.

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

For that matter, is there any reason why all the assumptions are that she is the uncle's ex instead of current wife/lover? IIRC, there was no mention of the uncle's status so far.

If it was current she'd probably not have to ask how the uncle's doing, she'd be up to date.

Que_verduras_puede_comer_mi_hamster_29106_600
joined Nov 13, 2022

Yes the "your Uncle still comes here often?" is what makes me think it's been a while since Kanna been there/talked with Joe

Kohaku%20avatar%20500px
joined Jul 10, 2016

Whoever Kanna turns out to be, the real important thing here is that she has short bangs, and they look AWFUL.

Also, if the handwritten, non-super-typeset English in the bubbles between was in the raw as-is, then serious kudos; that's a pretty natural-sounding exchange with no grammatical bumps.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Kanna realising young Mitsuki’s got game and that she and Joe have nothing left to teach her.
I do hope she comes back, shows up at the store, talks to Joe, because the ‘K + J’ definitely means they were lovers. It lowkey makes me think that they dated at an early age, like early 20s or something, for them to just carve their initials at a livehouse like that — and this will be parallel to Aya and Mitsuki, with the both of them going “remember when we were stupid and didn’t get a clue like them?”

Kanna looks 30 tho. Is Uncle Joe in his 30s???? I mean, he was a teen in the 1990s so it adds up.

Also, if the handwritten, non-super-typeset English in the bubbles between was in the raw as-is, then serious kudos; that's a pretty natural-sounding exchange with no grammatical bumps.

Sumiko is apparently fluent in english. I don’t know if they lived on an English speaking country in the past or are mixed.

last edited at May 14, 2023 11:45AM

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Is there a bigger wasted effort* than the time and money spend teaching english to japanese people in school and then the results of all that.

I mean, to be fair Japanese grammar is about as far away from English as you can get. And if my crush/oshi suddenly started speaking fluent Chinese to someone at a concert venue, I would probably have the same reaction. Aya panicking is funny to me because it’s relatable >_<

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

I finally found the perfect avatar

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

LOL Nice!

Yeah, I'm thinking she dated Joe....

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Whoever Kanna turns out to be, the real important thing here is that she has short bangs, and they look AWFUL.

They are in the raws as is. Just went a looked.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The kids get it. Well, got her gender wrong as well, but that's just that family.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

These are the mysterious ones so far:

Honourable mention to this since no one really knows if it’s The Beatles or not.

Let it Be is kinda written there (?) and the fact it’s in the middle makes me think of the 2003 ver., the ‘Let it Be… Naked” one but I don’t trust Sumiker

Can’t really tell from the image, but isn’t it more likely to be The Replacements’ iteration of Let It Be?

oh yeah, the Replacements did ripped them off because, why not. lol they even parodied the Abbey Road cover in their half-ass way. but I couldn't find any promo poster that resembles what they were doing aside from somewhat the closest is their Dead Man's Pop box set.

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

gotta love GAY PANIC AYA. though she always get so panicky when she's around Smoothsuki, on and off, near and far, high and low, left and right, accidental coincidences, in her mind rent free and in Mitsuki's bedroom.

and now, Kanna-san feels like she's in competition for her oshi. but from the looks of it, Kanna already notice what's going on between Mitsuki and Aya. I feel like she'll be the one breaking the ice for both of them.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

No real reason she wouldn't call an aunt by her name if she got used to it.

I'm guessing she would refer to her as ''Oba-san'' if she were her aunt (she always calls her uncle ''Oji-san''). We'll know soon enough I guess!

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

i predict the kids will be good wingmen/women, may Madokami hear my prayer

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

I get the feeling Kanna is a cousin or something. Maybe the uncle's biological daughter? Either that or she's a family friend that Mitsuki hung out with a lot as a kid.

More than likely either uncle’s ex or an unknown aunt from the other side of the family (a personal theory because I think it’s a very funny romcom thing to have the uncle and her meet and introduce there siblings to each other they end up marrying.) or something. I say this because she says wonder who she takes after implying that both sides of the family have someone who Mitsuki could take after.

last edited at May 14, 2023 4:25PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.