Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Indeed, I believe Hiyama's flunkies can take credit for the outcome this time. Their scheme is the reason Hiyama could bumble her ways into getting a confession from Kimura.
Of course they have been aware of Hiyama's crush on Kimura for ages. She never fails to tell them after all. Perhaps I will be giving them too much credit myself now, but I believe they went through some character development too. The cronies were introduced as leeches who only hang out with Hiyama because she is the popular girl, but by now they seem genuinely distressed by her depressed mood and actively wished to help her as friends (even if they defaulted to their usual dastardly scheming to do it).

How... peculiar of Mizushima to come running for Kimura instead of diffusing the situation himself. Is this too part of his subconscious desire for drama? The proverbial rollercoaster he felt addicted to? He may not be such a good boy after all, although it worked out splendidly because of that.

Ultimately I'm most impressed with Kimura for first not believing the tall tale of the mob girls and then when seemingly confronted with "proof" she still stuck to her guns. That possessive streak is really growing into a full-blown charater trait. I will be looking forward to Hiyama completely falling apart now that she got what she wished for~

last edited at May 5, 2023 1:13PM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Mission failed successfully!

EDIT:

Mission failed successfully!!

Dammit someone beat me to this exact comment lmfao it was just on the previous page so I didn't see it. Now I gotta add something else so it's not just weird spam. Uhhhh

Gay girls cute, I hope they do a smooch.

last edited at May 5, 2023 10:39AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

...I am sad that this manga is going to end according to what the other commentators claim...

We've known how long it is for quite some time thanks to the handy content version chart.

How... peculiar of Mizushima to come running for Kimura instead of diffusing the situation himself. Is this too part of his subconscious desire for drama?

I really wouldn't call it subconscious... :D

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

How can this series have me slamming my head on my desk, and laughing, maniacally at the same time. Whatever they're smoking, I want some!

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

Mission failed successfully!

EDIT:

Mission failed successfully!!

Dammit someone beat me to this exact comment lmfao it was just on the previous page so I didn't see it. Now I gotta add something else so it's not just weird spam. Uhhhh

I know — I also immediately went to the comment section to type this, and was pleased to see that three or four people beat me to it XD

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Why you should not apply Machiavelli to your budding high school romance, part 43.

What? It worked! Indeed, the results were far better than planned! Originally they were only trying for a defensive delaying action, but what they got was the whole enchilada!

Alo
joined Jan 4, 2023

Awesome!!! They did it!! xD

joined Feb 20, 2023

So... did we succeed?

Y'know, I'm still trying to process how they pulled it off, but yes... yes they did succeed. This is probably the funniest whose-in-love-with-who chain I've read, and I'm glad it's so far managing to work out. Can't wait to see how Hiyama fucks it up next chapter

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

It's even funnier because Tomoe isn't aware of the situation so she's completely confused as to what the hell is going on

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This honestly reminds me of chapter 20 in We Can't Draw Love
Wherein something so stupid completely changes the trajectory of the series at the final moment into something really good.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Why you should not apply Machiavelli to your budding high school romance, part 43.

What? It worked! Indeed, the results were far better than planned! Originally they were only trying for a defensive delaying action, but what they got was the whole enchilada!

when machiavelli himself ended up tortured, arrested and exiled, you can tell how effective his teachings were

Avatar%20tartuffe%20clipboard01b
joined Sep 20, 2022

when machiavelli himself ended up tortured, arrested and exiled, you can tell how effective his teachings were

Machiavelli wasn't a social climber and didn't crave power or riches; all he wanted was to be an able adviser to his prince. He was like Zhuge Liang and all the other great ministers in Chinese history, who worked their asses off for the benefit of another man (the autocratic ruler) while getting little or no benefit for themselves—and often ended up tortured, arrested, exiled or dead because their unwavering loyalty didn't allow them to engage in flattery or indulge their lord's vices.

The Italian princelings of his time didn't pay much attention to Machiavelli's theories but other people in Europe listened. Like Ferdinand II of Aragon and Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, to name only a couple.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That was helluva chaostic speed run,but she did it!

Atta girl!

Now devour her!!

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

Machiavelli wasn't a social climber and didn't crave power or riches; all he wanted was to be an able adviser to his prince. He was like Zhuge Liang and all the other great ministers in Chinese history, who worked their asses off for the benefit of another man (the autocratic ruler) while getting little or no benefit for themselves—and often ended up tortured, arrested, exiled or dead because their unwavering loyalty didn't allow them to engage in flattery or indulge their lord's vices.

The Italian princelings of his time didn't pay much attention to Machiavelli's theories but other people in Europe listened. Like Ferdinand II of Aragon and Holy Roman Emperor Charles V, to name only a couple.

what I meant to say is that scheming is very effective for digging yourself a giant hole, like for our dear protags in this story

Also, if you spend your whole life working for someone who executes people for fun, you’re probably next, no?

joined Feb 14, 2023

That cliffhanger will be the end of me

Linterdiction
Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

we do love the possessiveness from the good girl heroine. more and more yuri authors seem to be getting redpilled to this.

__fujiwara_no_mokou_and_houraisan_kaguya_touhou_drawn_by_ootsuki_wataru__abfa356e1066a80ad94144d78ad40e5f%20-%20copia
joined Sep 22, 2019

what I meant to say is that scheming is very effective for digging yourself a giant hole, like for our dear protags in this story

Also, if you spend your whole life working for someone who executes people for fun, you’re probably next, no?

Machiavelli would probably agree. What most people fail to realize is that "The Prince" is essentially Machiavelli's attempt to get hired by the Medici after they took over the Florence and he got ousted from his political position there.

His earlier literary work is a lot more biased towards republican systems of government.

last edited at May 6, 2023 11:48PM

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Mission failed successfully oml

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Not Hiyama's friends being glad it's finally over lmao
Also, is Useless Tsundere a thing? It should be. I wanna give that title to Hiyama.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Now I can finally die in peace

canihavekith
142220480_1294910914226700_370792848566403998_n%20(2)
joined Feb 3, 2021

Now I can finally die in peace

your pfp fits your comment so well

Touko%20fixed%20anatomy%202%20undereyes
joined Apr 8, 2023

Oh FINALLY!!??? I look forward to the next arc of shy Hiyama gags. I really like the new hairstyle on Kimura and I don't want her to change it

joined Apr 16, 2022

Hiyama's flunkies are truly the unsung heroines of this manga

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

Hiyama better not wake up thinking it was a dream. Anyways, I hope we get to see them together as a couple for a few chapters before it ends.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Machiavelli would probably agree. What most people fail to realize is that "The Prince" is essentially Machiavelli's attempt to get hired by the Medici after they took over the Florence and he got ousted from his political position there.

His earlier literary work is a lot more biased towards republican systems of government.

Actually, if you look at it in the context of that other work, so is The Prince. The bottom line message of his works on how republics work and how the prince business works is:
To get things done in a republic you have to be a good guy, but to get things done as a prince you have to be a bad guy.
The implication being, therefore republics are better.

last edited at May 10, 2023 2:02AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.