Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Now THAT is how you use a buster sword lmao

joined Aug 10, 2016

Sister Gigant is certainly getting up there, I wonder if she's getting off on doing this sort of thing judging by her expression at the end.

last edited at Apr 26, 2023 6:34PM

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Sister Gigant is certainly getting up there, I wonder if she's getting off on doing this sort of thing judging by her expression at the end.

I wonder if she's doing for herself or for someone else.
We do not know much about that.

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

I've thought that this series had really dropped since the introduction of Imitacio, and after an entire year of this arc, we've progressed from Baiser and everyone losing to Imitacio. To Baiser losing on purpose to Imitacio.

I don't know where the series is going from here, but it doesn't seem nearly as fun as the first half of the series was.

joined Aug 10, 2016

I wonder if she's doing for herself or for someone else.
We do not know much about that.

at this point shes like Justin Law from Soul Eater, except probably just an intentional agent of chaos

Fb_img_1506323085663
joined Apr 2, 2017

Dude..... wow.... I have no words. There are no words to describe how amazingly good this manga is. Able to combine ecchi, romance, drama and action in such a flawless way it's... this is truly the definition of something "ineffable".
I don't even like ecchi in my yuri, and yet this is one of my favorite yuri mangas of all time. Literally makes me want to buy the volumes twice each

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

At her core, she's still the same lovestruck girl from the first pages who loves magical girls more than anyone.

And if Lord Enorme can be redeemed, maybe... just maybe... Magia Baiser can be too.

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Kiwi is done waiting and went right into fisting.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I really hope the mascots are up to something interesting; now that we're done with this arc (presumably).

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

In the true spirit of villainny, she wins even when she loses. All according to keikaku, sasuga Baiser-sama!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Momo is clearly fighting on the wrong side...

That was quite the plan, Baiser. But so very true to Baiser indeed. :D

Not quite sure what to make of Gigant's smile there.

joined Feb 17, 2022

Sasuga Magia Baiser-sama, bringing yuri to fruition. Oh and the new magical girls as well that's also cool
I'm a bit antsy because I want more info on Vena's larger plan now and it would be interesting to see the White mascot and the standard magical girls interact with the Shio-chans

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

"Ugh. Momo." Few words, but powerfully contemptuous.

Yukari%20sweet%20-%20copy
joined Nov 24, 2016

I've thought that this series had really dropped since the introduction of Imitacio, and after an entire year of this arc, we've progressed from Baiser and everyone losing to Imitacio. To Baiser losing on purpose to Imitacio.

I don't know where the series is going from here, but it doesn't seem nearly as fun as the first half of the series was.

Are you sure you're reading the same series as everyone else here?

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

this manga fucks so hard. what a stellar chapter.

joined Jan 3, 2020

Good to see this manga is still absolutely wild.

Bocchi2
joined Sep 2, 2022

well the shio chans arc was all right, but I'm glad its over since that means we're getting back to the meat of the manga which is baiser and friends vs tres magia.

Baiser_ugly_flower
joined Nov 26, 2022

I love that the random kabob eating scenes from last chapter turned into a minor plot point.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

At her core, she's still the same lovestruck girl from the first pages who loves magical girls more than anyone.

And if Lord Enorme can be redeemed, maybe... just maybe... Magia Baiser can be too.

Does she need to, though? As long as she can control her La Verita, Baiser the best antagonist Tres Magia et al. can ask for, as she exists solely to highlight or even to bring out their heroic qualities. Sure, the whetstone grates on the blade but you wouldn't want to trade it in for another blade because they'll both get dull eventually.

well the shio chans arc was all right, but I'm glad its over since that means we're getting back to the meat of the manga which is baiser and friends vs tres magia.

I get a feeling that with the redemption of Lord Genome, Tres Magia is due for expansion, as well.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Does she need to, though? As long as she can control her La Verita, Baiser the best antagonist Tres Magia et al. can ask for, as she exists solely to highlight or even to bring out their heroic qualities. Sure, the whetstone grates on the blade but you wouldn't want to trade it in for another blade because they'll both get dull eventually.

"Need" is a strong word. But "want"? Refer back to the very first pages. Utena never WANTED to be a villain. She seems to have accepted this side of herself by now, but if we consider her character, I think it's a very plausible situation for her to have in mind. Utena doesn't just consciously follow narrative convention, she outright enforces it, so an ultimate final showdown has to be on her mind. And what happens after that?

The most likely thing I can imagine is she's eventually faced with a big Choice. ... and being this manga, she'll probably take a third path anyway. Maybe the light and dark mascots will both turn out to be terrible grifters and we get a crazy teamup that dissolves the boundaries of heroism and villainy, I dunno.

But seeing as she's guided Enorme to the light, maybe the next step in her mind is trying to do the same with Matama and Nero?

last edited at Apr 29, 2023 9:51AM

joined Jul 4, 2018

didnt even read chapter yet...
TV ANIME IN PRODUCTION!?!??!?!?!?

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Well just fuck again for good measure, then it doesn't really matter if it was a dream or not lol

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but good job, Vena! :D

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

Man this manga has taught me that I suck ass at keeping track of characters, even when they've got unique character designs

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

No time for your tsundere bullshit Nemo. We all know you are a pillow princess.

To reply you must either login or sign up.