Forum › The Fed Up Office Lady Wants to Serve the Villainess discussion

Time%20to%20go%20home%20and%20shlick
joined Jan 18, 2016

Now I wonder if Diana was always like this or if Natori awakened this side of her.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I don't care that they pushed Natori, those two rich bitches hurt the Butterfly Bunny. The Bunnyfly. They MUST die.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I don't care that they pushed Natori, those two rich bitches hurt the Butterfly Bunny. The Bunnyfly. They MUST die.

"Bunnyfly" that's great. Such a cute familiar.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Diana looks like she wants to straight up kill them for touching Natori.

Lmao!
Diana is ready to start hurling killer spells. She's about to become the bad guy of the incident, the one who shot first!

Han Solo shot first and he's not the bad guy.

Next chapter, the prince shows up to save the two conceited bitches who were attacked out of nowhere by a murderous Diana. And after that, according to game logic, the prince falls in love with the two conceited bitches!
No wait a moment... let me rethink that...

No actually that's fine, I'm all for that! Get that piece of shit prince out of the hair of Lapis, Diana and Natalie.

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

They laid a hand on a dragon's treasure I wonder how this will end

Jpeg_20190202_220408
joined Mar 21, 2019

This is the first time im wishing it could end with poly
Natori+diana is such a good ship, but natori+villainess too...
(⁠;⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠)

Screen%20shot%202020-07-16%20at%209.34.01%20pm
joined Mar 25, 2020

diana wants to square up

Screenshot%202021-01-25%20004222
joined Jan 17, 2021

This might be the first time that I want the MC to end up with the second lead if Diana becomes more savage lmao.

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Diana: So you have chosen... death.

66f-1
joined Dec 27, 2020

Here's to hoping for the poly ending

20221231_135046
joined Dec 1, 2022

The heroine is working hard to NTR Natori-san today as well

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

I don't even want a Poly ending, I want Natori to end up with Diana

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Diana is pissed.

And because someone decided Natori was worth harming.

If Diana doesn't kill 'em,Lapis will with a follow up.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

I wonder if the intended result of this chapter was for the entire readerbase to fall in love with Diana.

joined Jun 27, 2022

Well Lapsis isn't getting much character Growth and overall she's harder to read. On the other hand Diana is much more open with her feelings and gets bolder each chapter.

Lapsis needs to step up her game

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Diana becoming Mr steal your girl (Lapsis Im waiting for your next move)

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 6:13AM

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Where are you getting "Lapsis" from? Her name is Lapis, probably named after the blue semi-precious stone lapis lazuli

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

It is astounding to me and almost infuriating that somehow the conclusion Natori came to regarding her nature was that she's selfish and only thinks of herself. That's like Olympic-level mental gymnastics and self-deprecation that I really want her to pull herself from. Hopefully with the help of both Lapis and Diana.

It is clear to me that Lapis has some sort of inclination toward Natori. I do not think it is romantic just yet, but Natori has most definitely gotten through her shell and it was like 3 pages after introduction or something amusing like that. I'm hoping there'll be more fleshing out for her in the next chapters.

Diana on the other hand is becoming more and more endearing. Like, hell, she was so cute this chapter it was blinding. If this goes for a singular route, I'm in the villainess camp, but my faith is starting to waver, please help. Also lord have mercy on these girls they have stumbled right into an encroaching storm.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 6:36AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Well, not exactly like the plot said...

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 7:33AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Lapis and Diana can share Natori and be evil together

23-n%20(1)
joined Dec 10, 2020

And.... they touched the hornets nest, shits bout to go down.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Yes, Natori, the plot proceeds as intended... now that the Heroine has unlocked the Villainess' Familiar route. :D

I wonder if the intended result of this chapter was for the entire readerbase to fall in love with Diana.

It definitely was. Chapter 6 is the opening of volume 2, and if you recall, Diana has been a rather flat and bland character in volume 1 (compared to Lapis), who suddenly started acting inconsistently and violently in chapter 5. I am pretty sure that the author and their editor received feedback from the first volume about it and went back to the drawing board on how they present Diana, effectively removing Lapis for an entire chapter to give Diana enough time to shine and to establish her as a credible rival to Lapis for Natori's heart. And I say they've achieved their goal admirably.

It is astounding to me and almost infuriating that somehow the conclusion Natori came to regarding her nature was that she's selfish and only thinks of herself. That's like Olympic-level mental gymnastics and self-deprecation that I really want her to pull herself from. Hopefully with the help of both Lapis and Diana.

The self-realization Natori had this chapter makes me think that she was either emotionally neglected or even abused as a child. Something like getting repeatedly called a disappointment by her parents and teachers would make a person hypersensitive to expressions of disappointment and disapproval in others, turning it into an emotional driver for the rest of their adult lives. From what I hear such treatment of children who do not immediately excel is common in traditional East Asian cultures.

EDIT: Another point to support my earlier assessment about Diana being a shonen protagonist: on page 13, she says to the prince "I want to become stronger!", which is the universal motto of all shonen protagonists.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 8:40AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

The self-realization Natori had this chapter makes me think that she was either emotionally neglected or even abused as a child. Something like getting repeatedly called a disappointment by her parents and teachers would make a person hypersensitive to expressions of disappointment and disapproval in others, turning it into an emotional driver for the rest of their adult lives. From what I hear such treatment of children who do not immediately excel is common in traditional East Asian cultures.

Yeah, like here is where I insert something-something Japanese culture har har, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's simply how it is. I do think that saying emotionally neglected might be reaching too far with the little information we have, but considering how repeatedly she's mentioned that she has no unique qualities or skills, both factors/ideas make some sense.

Also about your observation regarding Diana... does that mean were inching toward a TOURNAMENT ARC? Boy oh boy! Actually it might be kinda amusing.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 9:51AM

Screenshot_20231219-103652~2
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yes, Natori, the plot proceeds as intended... now that the Heroine has unlocked the Villainess' Familiar route. :D

It definitely was. Chapter 6 is the opening of volume 2, and if you recall, Diana has been a rather flat and bland character in volume 1 (compared to Lapis), who suddenly started acting inconsistently and violently in chapter 5. I am pretty sure that the author and their editor received feedback from the first volume about it and went back to the drawing board on how they present Diana, effectively removing Lapis for an entire chapter to give Diana enough time to shine and to establish her as a credible rival to Lapis for Natori's heart. And I say they've achieved their goal admirably.

If they want Diana to truly feel like a rival they need to have Natori acknowledge and feel similarly for Diana as she does for Lapis. Right now Diana follows along and crushes on Natori but Natori hasn't really reciprocated. The fact that Diana is so upfront with her crush is becoming a hindrance to her being a true rival because, even with that constant affection from Diana, Natori still treats Lapis as a completely different entity compared to Diana. Natori's meaningfully touching moments have all come with Lapis and it seems Lapis is able to touch her heart with comparatively fewer words than Diana, implying that Lapis has a connection and understanding of what Natori wants to hear more than Diana (at this point). This works both ways, since Lapis also seems to have been greatly touched by Natori, even within their short time together.

If Lapis weren't busy with her schemes and forced to be away, would Diana even have a chance? It doesn't seem so. And Lapis won't be away forever. As of now, Diana has more been positioned as a 3rd wheel who desperately wants what Lapis seems to have--even with Lapis's limited presence--while maybe not fully understanding what makes Lapis stand out and affect Natori so much in the first place.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 11:45AM

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

If they want Diana to truly feel like a rival they need to have Natori acknowledge and feel similarly for Diana as she does for Lapis. Right now Diana follows along and crushes on Natori but Natori hasn't really reciprocated. The fact that Diana is so upfront with her crush is becoming a hindrance to her being a true rival because, even with that constant affection from Diana, Natori still treats Lapis as a completely different entity compared to Diana. Natori's meaningfully touching moments have all come with Lapis and it seems Lapis is able to touch her heart with comparatively fewer words than Diana, implying that Lapis has a connection and understanding of what Natori wants to hear more than Diana (at this point). This works both ways, since Lapis also seems to have been greatly touched by Natori, even within their short time together.

If Lapis weren't busy with her schemes and forced to be away, would Diana even have a chance? It doesn't seem so. And Lapis won't be away forever. As of now, Diana has more been positioned as a 3rd wheel who desperately wants what Lapis seems to have--even with Lapis's limited presence--while maybe not fully understanding what makes Lapis stand out and affect Natori so much in the first place.

I don't see it that way. Natori's feelings for Lapis come from her necessity for external approval. There's a reason every time Natori goes doki-doki for Lapis is when the latter acknowledges her efforts. But that need for approval is unhealthy. What Natori actually needs is to get a boost on self-esteem, and she can't get that from Lapis. It has to come from withing. Only then she will be ready to have a real relationship (be it with Lapis or Diana).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that despite appearances, I think neither Lapis nor Diana has broken Natori's shell just yet. Which means both of them have equal chances right now.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 12:34PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.