Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'd honestly be kinda upset if it went the miracle cure route. I don't like when stories pull that kind of manipulative last minute swerve.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I'm really thinking that the doctors are letting her go outside because she's so close to death anyways. Like when a cancer patient is taken off of chemo because they'll die either way so they might as well suffer less in their final days

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Idk I hope for a happy ending, but I know this is your lie in Yuri so I'm expecting the worst.

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

I'm really thinking that the doctors are letting her go outside because she's so close to death anyways. Like when a cancer patient is taken off of chemo because they'll die either way so they might as well suffer less in their final days

That is probably the truth.

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

^
The only issue I see with that is that six volumes is just a bit too long to adapt in one cour, but they could do it if they condensed things here and there.

They could probably do two split it between them one core for Shizuku to break free from her poor self image with Kaori’s help. One to give show the romance novels development and Kaori’s end whatever that turns out to be.

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

Since she's ending the series on her own terms I think there is a better chance it will be a nice ending (regardless of Kaori's death status). Even though I am sad to hear it is ending soon, I'm also not since it does feel "about time". It feels like a pretty good time to bring everything to a close and has been feeling that way for a while. Honestly it's kinda hard for me to see how she would drag it out further.

All I'm hoping for is a few happy moments of the two together after the confession. Don't kill Kaori off before the confession and don't kill her off immediately right after lol

This please. She should get to hear “I love you” from Shizuku, a kiss, and to read the novel’s end. Those are things that she can treasure as she slips away.

bluraspberry Uploader
Chistaki
Bar4bidden
joined Jan 10, 2023

^
I feel like Kaori leaves this story in one of two ways. This or the more tragic option; she gets some of this maybe a confession or simply a kiss, but never gets to read the final page and that becomes the reason we’re reading this Shizuku honors her memory by giving us this story rewritten to be more honest to the truth. But with this ending even if it ends happy it would be implied as simply honoring the memory of her and her last request.

Personally that last bit is my head cannon regardless, even if it ends happily it is just honoring the request.

joined Nov 10, 2022

Imagine it have an open end that we see the novel ending and don't know what happen in real life. I'm so scared for these two :<

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

I usually don't like melodrama but this has been really great... the fact that the characters are realistically grappling with the emotions surrounding death and loss is something you rarely get to see in manga where terminal illness usually just a plot device

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Really hoping, if by some chance, this gets picked up as anime. Usually it would be some sort out there request, but with the state of Yuri being consistently picked one by one recently, I have hopes this one will too. It’s relatively popular, plus the bittersweetness of it all will provide a good enough draw for people to take with it. I just truly want another way we can immortalize Kaori, not just in the novel Shizuku is writing, or in this manga, but also her voice in an anime. I feel like even as a fictional character, Kaori is one of those special ones you don’t want to forget.

The only issue I see with that is that six volumes is just a bit too long to adapt in one cour, but they could do it if they condensed things here and there.

I would not be holding my breath, honestly. The last anime TV series that adapted an "officially" Yuri manga that did not reach a minimum length of 8 volumes before or after the anime, was Riddle Story of the Devil in 2014. Also worth noting that in that case the anime already premiered less than a month after vol. 2 of the manga, so the anime entered production really fast. We're five volumes into this one, ending with the sixth, and there's no word about an anime...

last edited at Mar 24, 2023 6:31PM

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I would not be holding my breath, honestly. The last anime TV series that adapted an "officially" Yuri manga that did not reach a minimum length of 8 volumes before or after the anime, was Riddle Story of the Devil in 2014. Also worth noting that in that case the anime already premiered less than a month after vol. 2 of the manga, so the anime entered production really fast. We're five volumes into this one, ending with the sixth, and there's no word about an anime...

Because most anime come from light novels nowadays. Magirevo, IFTV, etc are all finished LNs or close to by this point.

Also Vampeerz is getting one and Looking up to Magical Girls was JUST announced. Also Bloom is 6 volumes. Citrus 5

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 4:32PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Also Vampeerz is getting one

Lot of grain of salt here. It's been a while the rumor popped and nothng has never been said about it since.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Because most anime come from light novels nowadays. Magirevo, IFTV, etc are all finished LNs or close to by this point.

Also Vampeerz is getting one and Looking up to Magical Girls was JUST announced. Also Bloom is 6 volumes. Citrus 5

You might want to double-check... Bloom into You ran for 8 volumes, Citrus for 10. Vampeerz will end at 9 volumes. Gushing over Magical Girls is at 9 and still running.

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 7:57PM

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

Is it only me thinking when this title finally gets the depressing as fuck tag?((( it breaks my heart(

Sawyerboredsquarebkgdoutline250
joined Nov 14, 2018

Dear author, please update this soon, my heart aches as this hits close to home, part of me wishes I hadn't read this until it was fully released

last edited at Mar 30, 2023 12:39AM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

final volume here we gooo, i'm not ready for the end D:

joined Jun 11, 2016

Unless there's somehow a miracle cure, I think this series deserves the "tragedy" tag

last edited at May 28, 2023 11:31AM

Wallpaper_2~2
joined Jul 4, 2021

We'll all know where this is going.

I hope , strongly, that the author has planned a less bitter ending, giving at least some happy moments to both of them before the inevitable ( not like your lie in April ).

It's gonna be trainwreck anyway, but still....

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Come autumn, I'll be crying.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My heart sinks to the abyss every time I see this get updated. Honestly, I never expected to be this impacted by this series, but we are. I'll mention this probably in every single chapter until the end, and I'm fairly certain I have done so in almost every chapter up to this point, but I still hope, even pray, for the miracle ass-pull. Hell, make up some nonsense about Kaori needing a transplant of sorts that only Shizuku can be suitable for because yuri. Let us cry happy tears, not sad ones.

On a more serious note, I'm very much looking forward to seeing what the author has planned for this story. I may not be ready for the inevitable tragedy, but I cannot say I am not looking forward to it.

Rider_maid_cropped2
joined Jun 25, 2022

final volume here we gooo, i'm not ready for the end D:

Same here. It's likely going to be heartwrenching.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

She's going to use the last of her candle to shine a brighter future on those with a darker past,this will be her brightest light before the last of her wax burns away.

Tis her sweetness to combat the bitter end.

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

The hospital let Kaori go outside because her days are numbered now, didn’t they…

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Obviously. It's her last day out.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Kaori is very insistent on everyone getting along after she's gone. By force, if necessary. Although in her defense, it does seem to work out well, Ruri already decided to come with the intention of getting over her fears, and actually spending some time with just the two of them should help her not just with this, but to feel better about herself in general.

To reply you must either login or sign up.