Forum › Shimeji Simulation discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I don't think literally becoming music is such a good idea...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

everytime the two from girl's last tour show up I'm just sitting here like... Especially with the place being just fully revealed to be a simulation... This place has to be an afterlife of some sorts.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

everytime the two from girl's last tour show up I'm just sitting here like... Especially with the place being just fully revealed to be a simulation... This place has to be an afterlife of some sorts.

Plot twist, this entire series is just a particularly detailed dream Yuuri is having after she and Chito found that alcohol in Girls Last Tour.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh wow, thanks ... This might sound boring but I needed some footing already or to move on from all this hmmm liberty, like it's interesting to explore a world where almost everything is possible but my mind goes to the possibilities and details and it's surprising how quickly everything could turn apocalyptic, like Hey! lets play chest but in 0 gravity and instead of the pieces, we use living animals, but they're not real, they're actually cake! wuooooh lets make a black hole!

The fact that everything is still hold together is only because people are too chill about it, specially the protagonist, but I don't know how long my brain could take this.

last edited at Oct 3, 2022 1:41PM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Holy schlamoly, this is boring. I mean, I am all for some surreal reality-bendy material, but this looks like the author had an acid trip and then decided to make a manga out of the bits and pieces they managed to remember. It all just happens, every time a plot seems to start it gets dropped the next chapter, and it doesn't help that the two main girls have the personality of stale milk.

The only reason I kept reading is because I like Girls' Last Tour (apart from the ending), so I kept hoping something interesting might happen at one point. But it just doesn't.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

User name does not check out.

joined Jul 29, 2022

OK OK OK When i read what you read i was thinking that they ask me not Mc here

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

luinthoron posted:

Hmmmm

I knew this world was one step away from chaos, but what now? we're going too deep!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So this is actually the Ar Tonelico origin story ...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The simulation receives a dangerous upgrade.

luinthoron posted:

Hmmmm

I knew this world was one step away from chaos, but what now? we're going too deep!

Never expected to be so on point when I made that comment...

last edited at Dec 15, 2022 6:14AM

joined Feb 2, 2021

This manga has a strange liminal atmosphere. I like it.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

That part with the cylinders felt like something out of a Junji Ito novel

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

The simulation receives a dangerous upgrade.

luinthoron posted:

Hmmmm

Never expected to be so on point when I made that comment...

There has been a subtle but deep underlying tension and darkness beneath the cute surreal surface of this story since its start. I think we are basically watching an ongoing apocalypse in some sort of afterlife or matrix-style collective simulation. The catastrophe of complete freedom. The very same walls that bind and restrict us are the ones that also define us for better or worse. If you tear them all down... what are you left with?

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 3:05AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This being Majime, I'm pretty sure she didn't need to be influenced much by that wedding, if she was at all. After all, it's what she's always aimed for anyway. :D

joined Jul 19, 2018

This has become mind-bogglingly abstract. As far as avant-garde art manga go, it doesn't get much more experimental than this. It's like trying to interpret the manga equivalent of a yuri Dali painting.

last edited at Mar 18, 2023 11:24PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Not just did Sumida-senpai want to draw Sensei, she wanted to draw Sensei naked. Just saying.

joined Jul 19, 2018

Not just did Sumida-senpai want to draw Sensei, she wanted to draw Sensei naked. Just saying.

Those two have always kind of shared a mood when they are together. It's cute.

last edited at Mar 20, 2023 5:47PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Getting some use out of that Yuri tag

joined May 11, 2020

That last panel is so beautiful

Dynastyscans
joined May 24, 2022

; ( poor girl

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Mushroom omelette.

joined May 10, 2021

Well now she done goofed. Hard.
Majime will most likely be able to forgive her but, more introspection and maybe a tinsy bit of drama beforehand.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

On one hand, the changed world is what finally brought them this close. On the other hand, it's also what caused this trouble...

Was certainly nice to see this series suddenly reach the NSFW tag, though.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I didn't actually expect their relationship to develop much further than it was- Majime being genki and excitedly declaring her love for Shimeji while Shimeji just doesn't reject those feelings, implying that she might feel the same way- but this turn of events is certainly appreciated

I loved GLT and I enjoyed the way that Chii and Yuu loved each other without that love being strictly defined or labeled because it fit the vibe of the story, but the idea that Shimeji and Majime will now likely end the story in a real romantic relationship makes me super happy.

That is, if nothing tragic happens, but even then I love bittersweet tragedies so I'd even be happy if one or both of them die as long as it's in each other's arms

last edited at Mar 27, 2023 7:40AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

When your surreal drug trip has more relationship progression than 3907 chapters of A Room for Two ...

To reply you must either login or sign up.