Forum › School Zone discussion

joined Apr 17, 2017

Wow. I didn't know about the hiatus until today. This has been the most involving yuri manga still being released for a while now, so I feel a bit like Utsugi at the end of this last chapter.

I'm happy the artist indicates in her notice she's working on other yuri stories, at least, but...things felt like they were actually moving forward a bit in this comic, recently. The main couple seemed to be moving in some direction, getting a little more sympatico. I was really keen to discover what the mystery was about Utsugi that seemed to captivate the nurse in that one chapter. Now we probably won't know. But there is the feeling also, which I guess I can't really deny, that some of these potential progressions in the story of this one were not quite coming off, but that the conclusion of the progression in the story seemed to be mostly a return to the status quo. Maybe the author's approach to the book, centering the comedy as she did, made it difficult to figure out how to advance the characters' stories and relationships?

Anyway, it bums me out.

Bald
joined Jul 26, 2019

Oh thank god, a single crumb of School Zone content

joined Aug 11, 2019

When ever i reread this, it remind's me that this is on hiatus and that it may or may not be continued. It's one of my favorite's, but i fully respect the author's decision to stop.

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Utsugi is such a kid. Imagine if this is the last chapter we ever get of School Zone my reaction will be exactly like Utsugi's haha.

joined Jun 3, 2014

I never noticed how small Utsugi was til now, lol

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I never noticed how small Utsugi was til now, lol

I feel like it was honed in on. Sometimes I feel like anime are able to portray characters’ heights accurately.

2021-02-06%2003_35_00-window
joined Aug 12, 2018

I dont get it? The author has a yuri manga right here, but actively decides to ignore the main characters for many chapters after that one beach episode, instead of actually developing their relationship, and now says they want to write yuri? damn... well guess ill just read whatever they make next

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

psychopath?

joined May 3, 2014

I dont get it? The author has a yuri manga right here, but actively decides to ignore the main characters for many chapters after that one beach episode, instead of actually developing their relationship, and now says they want to write yuri? damn... well guess ill just read whatever they make next

Ah so it’s one of thous manga were the main couple go no were because it’s got too many side characters :/ and it’s on hiatus with already moving to the next manga……..

joined Apr 17, 2017

Gads, reading the full translation, the note sounds more final than not about the series. I feel like the author is in a way paying for the pace they set up for the story. The slow-boil development of the series may have killed their own momentum. It sounds like they want to try a series that delivers more romance, maybe a little quicker. I'd agree the side characters seemed to overwhelm the central story idea. They are all really neat characters, though. It's just a shame. The series was always good value, and it came out regularly. Is it my imagination, or are there fewer series like that right now than there have been in the past?

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I’m glad it’s a hiatus and not an ending, I also much prefer they explore new ideas than end up burning themselves out creatively. I’m definitely gonna miss this but I also look forward to their next work

ManuTheBloodedge
joined Oct 20, 2022

That author's note on Kaname though...
"I bought a book about psychopaths and it had a lot to say about Kaname"
LOL glad I am not the only one

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

It's honestly disappointing hearing that the series is going on hiatus. This series has become my favorite Yuri series and I have really come to love almost all the characters! It seemed like things were finally progressing and now we will probably be kept in a limbo for a while until we see anymore updates. I'm happy it's not getting axed, but it reminds me of "On A leash" and how we had to wait years for an update. Still going to support the author with their next work, but still bummed.

Madame_Firenze
76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

The day this series returns, yuri will be saved

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Sayonara,School Zone. It was fun while it lasted. Too bad we now will never know how the relationship between Kei and Rei will progress, but that's just how things go sometimes.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Glad the author chose to take this hiatus for themselves and not burn out, looking forward to their next series, and for the time this manga returns. Pretty interesting to see those character profiles

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Oh dear... Author sama isn't a believer

joined Jan 8, 2016

Aw, I didn't realize till now it was on hiatus. Obviously a bit sad for us but at the same, if that's how the author felt, much better to put it on a pause then force it.

Only speculating, I know very little about the behind the scenes, but I wonder if it's a combination of what various people commented on above, about the pacing, about how it actually seemed like progress was finally being made, and I wonder if the pressure of landing what has actually become a very well-done slow burn was getting to the author. You only get that chance once, maybe it just was tough getting it just right.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Voyeur photos of her imouto lmao

Fuji22v2
joined Nov 21, 2018

Just so y'all are aware, the author linked their new Twitter account, saying they'll be deleting their old one eventually

https://twitter.com/N2oepp

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Just finished reading this since I only learned about this manga recently. It's real fun and I sincerely hope that it'll be back eventually after the author had some time to recuperate and maybe explore different ideas as well.

That author's note on Kaname though...
"I bought a book about psychopaths and it had a lot to say about Kaname"
LOL glad I am not the only one

Yup, I almost spit out my drink reading that profile lol
Kaname is like the evil mastermind in the background of the series, however she's a sort of chaotic evil that doesn't really have an agenda beyond doing what's "amusing" and thus sometimes inadvertently even ends up doing good things (like kickstarting Tsubaki's social life & confidence)

joined Mar 4, 2018

i remain sad

come back to us...

To reply you must either login or sign up.