Forum › The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy At All discussion

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

My best guess at the dialog:

Aya: ...Huh? Chizuru...? Why are you here...?
Chizuru: Well...Koga-san kind of...gave me tickets for the concert...
Chizuru: I mean huh? What? Did you hear me? What's with you...
Chizuru: Huh? Wai...

Chizuru: Oiii! You're not coming in? It's a band you like, no?
Aya: Not really. You don't care about them, right, Chizuru?
Chizuru: Aya?! You know what? Right now, I'm really...worried about you!
Aya: .....!
Aya: Thank you...(I just...want us all to get along, and yet...)
Aya: For a while, I've been kind of on a cloud. I even caused you lots of trouble.

Aya: But...even though we had a promise...hic...Koga-san you're a fucking liar!
Chizuru: Why...
Koga: (I hate this.)
Chizuru: Aya...I'm so sorry...
Koga: (I can't stand the idea that because of me, you two had a falling out.)
Chizuru: (It's not you Koga-san. All of this is my fault.)
Aya: ?!

Chizuru: If you're going to be mad...just fucking go and get mad in front of Koga-san!
Chizuru: (It pisses me off, but...this is my way of repaying you, Koga-san.)
Chizuru: Aww...geez!! And that it's a totes good song pisses me off too!!
Lyrics: Can we all back it up? Can we all give it up?

I don't see any problem with that translation. Good Job.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Interesting. So she didn't go to the concert. I was assuming because of the >4 hour time gap between Chizuru showing up and Aya arriving at Koga's that she had stayed for the concert, but thinking about it, that's also because I was assuming that both the shop and the concert were in Tokyo. But if she left right away, and took from 4:10ish to 9:04 to get to Mitsuki's, that implies a rather hefty travel time. I was hoping this was telling us they were in Tokyo, but it seems like they could be almost anywhere from Hiroshima up to Fukushima , depending on whether this was the Osaka or Tokyo show. (It could also just be that the author isn't thinking that deeply about the setting, but given the details they like to include I'd be surprised if they didn't choose a real concert on purpose.)

So depending on where Mitsuki's shop is relative to the train station, that means that Aya sat on AT LEAST a 4 hour train ride to get to the city with the venue, expecting to see her oshi, and then had to sit for another 4 hours on the way back, after that disappointment.

That makes this SO MUCH WORSE, Mitsuki, you absolute DUNCE.

Looks like Chizuru went ahead to the concert anyway, though. Which is unsurprising, because if I sat on a train for four hours to go to a concert, and I don't have an idiot no-show girlfriend to go strangle, I'M GOING TO THE GODDAMN CONCERT.

(Edit: I guess the other possibility is that while she left right away, it actually took awhile and a number of unanswered texts for Aya to work up the nerve to confront Mitsuki directly.)

last edited at Mar 5, 2023 5:45PM

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Mitsuki really caused so much inconvenience huh. The only way to make up for it now is for them to go on a trip out of town together.

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

Mitsuki really caused so much inconvenience huh. The only way to make up for it now is for them to go on a trip out of town together.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Onsen trip and date!

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Onsen trip and date!

I don't know if either of them is mentally prepared for a onsen chapter. Aya may legit die on the spot :⁠-⁠P

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Onsen trip and date!

I don't know if either of them is mentally prepared for a onsen chapter. Aya may legit die on the spot :⁠-⁠P

Maybe a sleepover where for some mysterious reason (Uncle Joe) there are no futons to be found and they have to share a bed.

Rain-kun, I am counting on you to make Aya unable to come back home.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 12:09AM

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Lmao very true

Onsen trip and date!

Maybe a sleepover where for some mysterious reason (Uncle Joe) there are no futons to be found and they have to share a bed.

Rain-kun, I am counting on you to make Aya unable to come back home.

I'd be more than okay with this development haha

My%20god
joined Dec 27, 2014

tfw thing you wanted to hate is irrefutably good

The worst of agonies.

last edited at Mar 6, 2023 1:30AM

Tumblr_3d1efdc4f3fb1ee16acd2f13f08afe0c_1e0d545a_12802
joined Mar 8, 2014

Haha, just imagine that it's already past twelve so it's too dangerous for a high school girl to wander alone!

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

Haha, just imagine that it's already past twelve so it's too dangerous for a high school girl to wander alone!

They spent 4 hours arguing?

thechampionmike95
Latest-1-1
joined Aug 6, 2015

I'm confused all to heck by this episode. I'm finding it difficult to figure out who said what.

I thought it was pretty obvious who said what based on the situation

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I'm confused all to heck by this episode. I'm finding it difficult to figure out who said what.

I thought it was pretty obvious who said what based on the situation

I reread it and can see why they might have problems reading it, maybe they should reread the previous chapters? I think what makes this easy to read for us is the context clues. We know who is talking due to what actions and thoughts they had previously

104001606_p0_master1200
joined Feb 27, 2023

I just want to know if Chizuru went ahead to the concert anyway after Aya left.

joined May 10, 2015

I found it a bit messy as well but I think I got it all.

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

I put a transcription of this chapter at the top of this page when I saw people confused by it.
Thought it might help, but maybe not

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

I put a transcription of this chapter at the top of this page when I saw people confused by it.
Thought it might help, but maybe not

you did a decent job of putting the dialogues in order in the best possible way. although, I'm still confused with Chizuru's last dialogue at the end. plus, I finally realized the lyrics is from the song, "These are the ways" which is right after Chizuru telling Aya to go get mad at Koga.

also, to wlftchtr82, have you updated the list? it's been awhile since we're getting swept up by the drama unfolding.

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

PSA: No chapter this week. Only an illustration.
Author is dealing with deadlines for the additional contents of the physical book. Send them some love if you can.

also, to wlftchtr82, have you updated the list? it's been awhile since we're getting swept up by the drama unfolding.

yes and no, my beloved. I am about to add the song Chizuru is listening to at the concert.

https://bit.ly/3Uwo10Z

(i find it funny that you know i’m going to read the message since i am always here lol)

last edited at Mar 11, 2023 4:21PM

Screenshot_2019-08-25%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20social%20anxiety%20vs%20yuri%20ch04(1)
joined Aug 12, 2019

PSA: No chapter this week. Only an illustration.
Author is dealing with deadlines for the additional contents of the physical book. Send them some love if you can.

yes and no, my beloved. I am about to add the song Chizuru is listening to at the concert.

https://bit.ly/3Uwo10Z

(i find it funny that you know i’m going to read the message since i am always here lol)

dang it. kinda figure that Agu is going to put all the goodies into the release.

and exactly. I love your list, or should I say scoreboard, of all musical related stuff that goes on in this manga. and don't forget to include this into your list as well.

last edited at Mar 12, 2023 12:54PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

and exactly. I love your list, or should I say scoreboard, of all musical related stuff that goes on in this manga. and don't forget to include this into your list as well.

THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME!! I ALMOST FORGOT!
I have to add fucking Oasis. Can't believe they show up before Queen. I just want Sumiko to add Queen. PLEASE!

(I actually like them a bit, btw, but I skip all of their songs besides Champagne Supernova)

joined Aug 12, 2019

I have to add fucking Oasis. Can't believe they show up before Queen. I just want Sumiko to add Queen. PLEASE!

(I actually like them a bit, btw, but I skip all of their songs besides Champagne Supernova)

XD LOL!!

I knew Oasis would show up eventually. because today was going to be the day the band was gonna come back to you.

last edited at Mar 13, 2023 10:22PM

Mitsuki_25_1_40
joined May 7, 2022

XD LOL!!

I knew Oasis would show up eventually. because today was going to be the day the band was gonna come back to you.

Yeah, and by now I should have somehow realised what I’ve gotta do. I don’t believe that anybody feels the way I do about them now…

I just have to stop procrastinating and add them >.< It’s been 2 (?) days

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

According to their Twitter (via the ever dubious Google translate!) it looks like the author is still snowed under doing the bonus work for the physical release.

Going to guess that the series will restart once the work for the book is done.

joined Nov 21, 2022

I'm Jonesing!

Shinobu%20cain%202
joined Aug 19, 2015

I'm experiencing withdrawal. I've been here since the beginning and this is the longest I've gone without taking a hit.

But mostly, I'm happy for the author and I hope everything goes smoothly.

To reply you must either login or sign up.