Forum › How Do I Get Together With My Childhood Friend? discussion

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

OBLIGATORY AQUARIUM DATE LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO

CindertailtheKistune
Tumblr_830a85052a1b34481fa368bf50ca9fc5_de74d4e4_500
joined Oct 19, 2021

Plot twist Yuzu is 1000% aware that Minami has a crush on her and is just. REALLY GOOD. at acting.

Oh gods.
I really said that, huh.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Foiled by other people appearing at just the right time again. Ever the tease...
Honestly, though, the timing would have felt way off for some genuine development in that direction right now.

Anyway, Yuzu should just have said it: "'CauseI really wanna stay at yo~~ur house!"

last edited at Feb 14, 2023 7:58AM

joined Feb 17, 2022

Thankfully we're done with the arc where Minami misinterprets everything

Now, we see Yuzu clearly clinging to Minami when they get caught being intimate. Hopefully she becomes more willing to express love

Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Hmm, what about that clenching fist when suggesting the beach? Is Yuzu self conscious of wearing a bathing suit (in front of Minami maybe)? Or maybe she has some bad memories related to beaches. Can't wait to see more of Yuzu side on this tbh

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I started rereading the previous chapter to refresh my memory and I ended up rereading the whole manga backwards :P

What still catches my attention is that Yuzu's feelings seem to be a bit of a mystery all throughout these chapters, that little talk in the latest chapter with Hinori is the most we got and it's still not exactly conclusive. At the beginning I didn't think the author will be able to ride that plot point for too long but we're still pretty much in the dark (well except for the fact that I can't really imagine a story this silly not to go for a happy ending...)

Anyway, I enjoy this a lot but the funny thing is I can't exactly explain why, logically the story doesn't seem like it's anything special. Maybe it's the mystery of Yuzu sucking you in.

last edited at Feb 15, 2023 7:56AM

joined Mar 6, 2018

Hmm, what about that clenching fist when suggesting the beach? Is Yuzu self conscious of wearing a bathing suit (in front of Minami maybe)? Or maybe she has some bad memories related to beaches. Can't wait to see more of Yuzu side on this tbh

No, she did that because she wanted to be kissed and got interrupted

joined Feb 1, 2021

In yuri manga "Picking out swimsuits together" is only slightly less of a cliche than "it was a dark and stormy night." But Minami is so earnestly into it that I kinda don't even mind?

joined Dec 20, 2022

Even I'm not this autistic lmao I love her

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Thats it, show off what you've got girl, let her know what she can eat if she gets together with you

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Insane Amounts of Idiot Couple tag when?

Kanadechan%20sxdvfgbn
joined May 24, 2017

Oh. Now I'm not sure if the fist clenching in ch.9 is about the beach or the interruption. Interesting. That's clever story telling.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

"Dangers of the Sea"
"Predators of the Sea"
"Dangerous Sea Creatures"
"Guide to CPR"
"First Aid for Dummies"
"Emergency First Aid Manual"

Lmao x 1000

Congratulations to the scanlation team for the effort.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Oh. Now I'm not sure if the fist clenching in ch.9 is about the beach or the interruption. Interesting. That's clever story telling.

I find it more annoying than anything. Regardless of the reason, I thought we'd finally get a Yuzu-perspective chapter. This chapter felt pretty pointless.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Anyway, Yuzu should just have said it: "'CauseI really wanna stay at yo~~ur house!"

I don't think that particular moon is very beautiful. :)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Should have just told her to choose yours as well, not just to look closer... Nice kabedon, though. :D

Tongtong.exe
joined Apr 27, 2021

Feeling kinda conflicted about this chapter, on the one hand it is cute as usual and insanely useless Minami is always a delight, on the other hand it kinda feels like a filler chapter where nothing of actual importance happens. In fact, considering how unaware Yuzu was of Minami in this chapter, it almost feels like taking a step back even.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I'm not sure if a meaningful cliffhanger is in the style of this story so far... maybe she just dislikes beaches (noisy, lots of people, sand is annyoing especially when it's hot - with how Yuzu was portrayed so far it seems plausible to me).

I'm not especially happy that I called it, seems like the author just wanted to draw swimsuits but the story really stayed in place :P

Slime
joined Feb 22, 2023

"Dangers of the Sea"
"Predators of the Sea"
"Dangerous Sea Creatures"
"Guide to CPR"
"First Aid for Dummies"
"Emergency First Aid Manual"

Lmao x 1000

Congratulations to the scanlation team for the effort.

Me 2. Redrawing and rewriting all those books must have been one hell of an effort!

last edited at Mar 14, 2023 10:14AM

StupidSexySolaire
joined Jan 19, 2023

yuzu looking at her like this lol https://youtu.be/Unb-CfNx4KQ

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020

I think the Author just had a gag they had planned but had nowhere to put it so here we go

Ejvogqrxgae48vj
joined Aug 18, 2019

beach episode let's goooo!

joined Jun 10, 2021

Yuzu: "I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and it gets everywhere."

Marcy
joined Nov 11, 2015

Eita que esse capítulo de praia pegou fortíssimo

Lojsdbe
joined Sep 16, 2019

I'm not sure if a meaningful cliffhanger is in the style of this story so far... maybe she just dislikes beaches (noisy, lots of people, sand is annyoing especially when it's hot - with how Yuzu was portrayed so far it seems plausible to me).

I'm not especially happy that I called it, seems like the author just wanted to draw swimsuits but the story really stayed in place :P

I’m not sure about that. Maybe I’m reading into this too much, but it feels like this chapter is meant to double down on the idea Yuzu has feelings for Minami. There’s her whole, “You want to go, too, don’t you,” that implies Yuzu is willing to put up with it to be with Minami, then we’ve got that small blush when Minami grabs her hand, and the way she ends up staring down Minami when their trying in clothes. It strikes me as the author trying to drop hints that “Hey, their feelings are mutual.”

To reply you must either login or sign up.